“No reason to give this place anything less than a five” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“No reason to give this place anything less than a five”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First time ever having to stay in Milwaukee, and this time I had to stay IN Milwaukee, not 5 or 10 miles from it so I ended up at a place with an airport shuttle.

I generally ‘fly by the seat of my pants,’ but I am glad I called ahead for reservations this time. Some type of summer festival was going on. No issues with my initial call for reservations (direct to the motel.) Once at the motel the evening clerk was ‘overly apologetic,’ about even the smallest things. I ended up getting two rooms, the 2nd for a co-worker, so the check in process did take a while but they were pleasant through it all.

The only thing I could find wrong with this room was that the chair at the desk was a little ‘off.’ I was OK at the desk leaning forward, but when I went to lean back I noticed that it was not quite right.

Bed, bathroom, room temp, water temp … everything else was A-OK. I have yet to have any issues with any of the Sleep Inn’s I have stayed at. (which may be why most are out of my price range.)

My info said they had ‘big rig’ parking, but not IMO. What they do have is a very large parking lot, but we had to park across the lines in the auto parking area.

When we checked in, they listed off the local eating places within walking distance and we ended up at Beer Belly's, just because I like to try the local non-chain places. Great place.

AM was the basic breakfast including make your own waffles, yogurt and apple sauce (that isn’t a usual item I find in motels) They also had sausage … but I didn’t find the eggs and didn’t ask if there were any.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased we were able to meet all of your needs and you had a great stay with us.
I will certainly take a look at our in room chairs, thank you for advising me.
I have passed your comments onto our staff who are very appreciative of your feedback.
I do hope you have the opportunity to come to the area again and we welcome you back as our guest.
Thankin you again.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mundelein, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here overnight for the Summerfest festival on Milwaukee's lakefront. Front desk was very helpful, everyone was friendly. We had a King room that was updated with a fridge and microwave, coffee and the essentials. Nice breakfast with standard fare. It is cheaper than the downtown hotels and only a $22 cab ride from the festival.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. We do hope you had a wonderful time at Summerfest.
I will pass on your comments to our staff who strive to exceed our guest's expectataions each and every day.
I am so happy to know you had a great stay and we were able to be your hotel of choice during your visit to Milwaukee.
Hope to see you return again.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here 1 night before a flight. For 1 night it was ok but not sure I'd stay any longer. Their shuttle service runs every 15 and 45 minutes to the airport and it is within walking distance of a few restaurants. Staff was very nice. The rooms have tried to be updated but still need some work. Ours had some coffee stains on the one wall, the bathroom door had peeling paint, the A/C was hard to regulate, and the bedding had some burn holes even though the room was a non-smoking room. So for the lower rate we paid, and the short time we needed to stay, it met our need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Our shuttle service runs every 15 minutes, I apologize if this was not relayed properly on our end. We run at 15 minutes after the hour, 30 minutes after the hour, 45 minutes after the hour and on the hour. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the surrounding area, there are over 20 restaurants within walking distance of the property. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff and appreciate them very much.
The property is only 5 years old so we have not completed any renovations and will not be doing so until 2014, it is with regret you found the accommodation to be sub-par. If you would be able to provide me (via email or phone) your room number, I will personally inspect the items you found and correct them immediately.
I do hope you will give us a 2nd opportunity to provide accommodations to you in the future and provide the experience you can expect at the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Bellmawr, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice hotel, near the airport. about a 10 min trip downtown without traffic. stayed 4 nights The room was nice. after i switch out of the first room that smelled like someone spilled perfume. The A/C was a bit noisy . the breakfast was good. Would of gave a very good if the maid would of replace the empty toilet paper roll. Had to go downstairs to get a roll. Would stay here again is i ever came back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites. It is with regret that you had issues during your stay. Our practice is to insure our guest rooms are fully stocked with guest needed items at all times. I will certainly have our Chief Engineer check the air conditioning unit in the room you stayed in and apologize for the noise.
I do hope you will return to the hotel so we are able to provide you will the flawless stay we pride ourselves on.
Thanking you once again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at the Sleep Inn after spending the day in downtown Milwaukee, this hotel is much cheaper than downtown options and is a great value. It was only about a 10 minute drive from downtown and close to the expressway. The room was clean and surprisingly modern. The hotel was very crowded the weekend we stayed but the front desk staff was polite and helpful even while being swamped with a line of people checking in. Although we didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub they appeared to be very clean and well kept.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and truly appreciate you taking the time to sumbit.
We hope to accommodate you again in the future.
Warmest Regards.
Oostburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here prior to my flight from Mitchell. Good location near casual dining restaurants (walk to Oakland Gyros for a great meal). First room I was assigned the AC didn't power up, and so I was switched to another. This one was good, but the AC had one very annoying habit. Every 20 minutes throughout the night it would recycle, even though I turned the AC and fan off. Annoying for me. I talked to the desk clerk and he said that was a feature - not a defect - of their system. ?? Leaving your car in the parking lot was fine (better than the nearby Clarion Hotel). The shuttle to/from the airport was outsourced to the "Go Riteway" shuttle, and that worked for me. My early departure didn't allow partaking in their breakfast, but it is a credit to them that it was available by 5 AM.
Overall, a solid ***+ experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is with regret you had a less than completely restful night stay due to our AC units. We do have a system that recycles the air flow, however, this should not interrupt your sleep as you have described and I apologize this was your experience. We are completing a check on all units in our guestrooms this week combined with a full annual servicing of each.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide accommodations in the future and offer the night sleep you deserve and we set our standards by.
Thanking you once again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is actually a nice clean hotel if you get a room on a day the maid actually does her job. I stayed here twice in one week, not back to back nights. Each time I had at least two strands of hair either on my bed or on the pillow. On the first night I had a walk in shower that had mold along the base of the shower. Either this hotel needs to hire a staff that is will do a good job or the management needs to babysit them. I went down for breakfast on morning decide to fill my personal mug with hot water for tea and the water was at best warm. This in not acceptable. This is a nice hotel and I like staying here but the staff needs to up their game or I will find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to learn that you did not receive a room reflective of the standard of service you should expect from our hotel. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping Manager to insure what you have explained does not reoccur.
I do hope you will return to the hotel and allow us the opportunity to earn your trust that each stay will be above your expectations.
Please contact me should you have any items of concern upon your return.
Tammy, General Manager

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!