“Good Value not far from downtown” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“Good Value not far from downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice hotel, near the airport. about a 10 min trip downtown without traffic. stayed 4 nights The room was nice. after i switch out of the first room that smelled like someone spilled perfume. The A/C was a bit noisy . the breakfast was good. Would of gave a very good if the maid would of replace the empty toilet paper roll. Had to go downstairs to get a roll. Would stay here again is i ever came back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites. It is with regret that you had issues during your stay. Our practice is to insure our guest rooms are fully stocked with guest needed items at all times. I will certainly have our Chief Engineer check the air conditioning unit in the room you stayed in and apologize for the noise.
I do hope you will return to the hotel so we are able to provide you will the flawless stay we pride ourselves on.
Thanking you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at the Sleep Inn after spending the day in downtown Milwaukee, this hotel is much cheaper than downtown options and is a great value. It was only about a 10 minute drive from downtown and close to the expressway. The room was clean and surprisingly modern. The hotel was very crowded the weekend we stayed but the front desk staff was polite and helpful even while being swamped with a line of people checking in. Although we didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub they appeared to be very clean and well kept.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and truly appreciate you taking the time to sumbit.
We hope to accommodate you again in the future.
Warmest Regards.
Oostburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here prior to my flight from Mitchell. Good location near casual dining restaurants (walk to Oakland Gyros for a great meal). First room I was assigned the AC didn't power up, and so I was switched to another. This one was good, but the AC had one very annoying habit. Every 20 minutes throughout the night it would recycle, even though I turned the AC and fan off. Annoying for me. I talked to the desk clerk and he said that was a feature - not a defect - of their system. ?? Leaving your car in the parking lot was fine (better than the nearby Clarion Hotel). The shuttle to/from the airport was outsourced to the "Go Riteway" shuttle, and that worked for me. My early departure didn't allow partaking in their breakfast, but it is a credit to them that it was available by 5 AM.
Overall, a solid ***+ experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is with regret you had a less than completely restful night stay due to our AC units. We do have a system that recycles the air flow, however, this should not interrupt your sleep as you have described and I apologize this was your experience. We are completing a check on all units in our guestrooms this week combined with a full annual servicing of each.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to provide accommodations in the future and offer the night sleep you deserve and we set our standards by.
Thanking you once again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is actually a nice clean hotel if you get a room on a day the maid actually does her job. I stayed here twice in one week, not back to back nights. Each time I had at least two strands of hair either on my bed or on the pillow. On the first night I had a walk in shower that had mold along the base of the shower. Either this hotel needs to hire a staff that is will do a good job or the management needs to babysit them. I went down for breakfast on morning decide to fill my personal mug with hot water for tea and the water was at best warm. This in not acceptable. This is a nice hotel and I like staying here but the staff needs to up their game or I will find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to learn that you did not receive a room reflective of the standard of service you should expect from our hotel. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping Manager to insure what you have explained does not reoccur.
I do hope you will return to the hotel and allow us the opportunity to earn your trust that each stay will be above your expectations.
Please contact me should you have any items of concern upon your return.
Tammy, General Manager
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The overall hotel is very nice, comfortable and reasonably priced. Check in was very professional and she was very pleasant. Very clean rooms, the breakfast was your typical quick eat.

I stayed here 4/10/13, and was put in room 226. It was the worst night sleep at a hotel that I have had in a very long time.

The exhaust vent's below the window kept making a very loud popping noise ALL night, sounded like someone was dropping furniture in the room upstairs, it wasn't until I investigated that I realized where it was coming from. I almost called the front desk to ask them to call the room and ask them to stop making so much noise. Thank God I didn't.
At check out, the young man said "a little to early for you", (it was 8:20 a.m) I tried to tell the him that they should figure out what is wrong with the vent's and hopefully not put anyone in that room until they do, because I didn't get any sleep. His response, "sorry to hear that", he wasn't mean about it I just don't think he knew how to handle a complaint,I do not look to complain as you can see from my many reviews, but that was not the response I would have expected. If you stay here, make sure you do not get room 226, or at least ask if it has been fixed.

The stairwell smelled a lot like cigarettes, someone must have been standing inside and blowing the smoke out of the building, which doesn't work.

Room Tip: Room 226 was the worst, bed was comfortable just the noise was ungodly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise from below your guest room, I understand how this affected your nights sleep which you should expect to have restful and without interruption. We have corrected this issue (the vents have been replaced) and do hope you will return to the hotel so we can provide you with the stay you can expect from the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our over-all stay was good. and worth the cost.
Pro's
The pool and hot tub was nice, the continental breakfast was good,the hotel reasonably clean, the room we got was clean and tidy

Con's
When we checked in the lobby reeked of cigarette smoke, the air conditioner was noisy, the TV channels don't match the guide book,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the hotel. I will certainly pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff and I am happy to learn you were able to enjoy our pool and whirlpool.
Our hotel is 100% smoke free and you should expect not to find any odor of smoke, I am not sure where the smell may have come from unless someone was smoking directly outside an entry door with it propped open which is against our policy.
If you would not mind contacting the hotel and asking for the General Manager, I would like to inpect the room you were in to insure the air conditioning unit is functioning properly.
We have just updated our channel guides, I apologize your room did not have the correct information and will see to it that all rooms are re-checked to insure accuracy.
Again, your comments are most appreciated and we do hope you return to our hotel in the future for any accommodation needs you may have.
Thank you..
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here on March 4th so we could catch our early morning flight at General Mitchell the next morning. The rooms look newly updated with flat screen tv's and updated decor. Everyone was friendly. The free shuttle to the airport was great. Even though we were leaving before the continental breakfast officially started, everything was set up and we were welcomed to help ourselves. They conveniently included items that are easy to grab and eat on the shuttle ride. We were able to park our vehicle for no extra charge. The airport pickup when we got back was prompt and the young man was nice and helped with our bags. .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at the hotel. I will definitely pass on your comments to our staff and acknowledge those you have mentioned. Your feedback is most appreciated and assists our staff in raising the bar for your next stay with us.
With many thanks once again.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!