“Could do better.” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Could do better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is actually a nice clean hotel if you get a room on a day the maid actually does her job. I stayed here twice in one week, not back to back nights. Each time I had at least two strands of hair either on my bed or on the pillow. On the first night I had a walk in shower that had mold along the base of the shower. Either this hotel needs to hire a staff that is will do a good job or the management needs to babysit them. I went down for breakfast on morning decide to fill my personal mug with hot water for tea and the water was at best warm. This in not acceptable. This is a nice hotel and I like staying here but the staff needs to up their game or I will find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to learn that you did not receive a room reflective of the standard of service you should expect from our hotel. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping Manager to insure what you have explained does not reoccur.
I do hope you will return to the hotel and allow us the opportunity to earn your trust that each stay will be above your expectations.
Please contact me should you have any items of concern upon your return.
Tammy, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The overall hotel is very nice, comfortable and reasonably priced. Check in was very professional and she was very pleasant. Very clean rooms, the breakfast was your typical quick eat.

I stayed here 4/10/13, and was put in room 226. It was the worst night sleep at a hotel that I have had in a very long time.

The exhaust vent's below the window kept making a very loud popping noise ALL night, sounded like someone was dropping furniture in the room upstairs, it wasn't until I investigated that I realized where it was coming from. I almost called the front desk to ask them to call the room and ask them to stop making so much noise. Thank God I didn't.
At check out, the young man said "a little to early for you", (it was 8:20 a.m) I tried to tell the him that they should figure out what is wrong with the vent's and hopefully not put anyone in that room until they do, because I didn't get any sleep. His response, "sorry to hear that", he wasn't mean about it I just don't think he knew how to handle a complaint,I do not look to complain as you can see from my many reviews, but that was not the response I would have expected. If you stay here, make sure you do not get room 226, or at least ask if it has been fixed.

The stairwell smelled a lot like cigarettes, someone must have been standing inside and blowing the smoke out of the building, which doesn't work.

Room Tip: Room 226 was the worst, bed was comfortable just the noise was ungodly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise from below your guest room, I understand how this affected your nights sleep which you should expect to have restful and without interruption. We have corrected this issue (the vents have been replaced) and do hope you will return to the hotel so we can provide you with the stay you can expect from the Sleep Inn & Suites.
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our over-all stay was good. and worth the cost.
Pro's
The pool and hot tub was nice, the continental breakfast was good,the hotel reasonably clean, the room we got was clean and tidy

Con's
When we checked in the lobby reeked of cigarette smoke, the air conditioner was noisy, the TV channels don't match the guide book,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at the hotel. I will certainly pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff and I am happy to learn you were able to enjoy our pool and whirlpool.
Our hotel is 100% smoke free and you should expect not to find any odor of smoke, I am not sure where the smell may have come from unless someone was smoking directly outside an entry door with it propped open which is against our policy.
If you would not mind contacting the hotel and asking for the General Manager, I would like to inpect the room you were in to insure the air conditioning unit is functioning properly.
We have just updated our channel guides, I apologize your room did not have the correct information and will see to it that all rooms are re-checked to insure accuracy.
Again, your comments are most appreciated and we do hope you return to our hotel in the future for any accommodation needs you may have.
Thank you..
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here on March 4th so we could catch our early morning flight at General Mitchell the next morning. The rooms look newly updated with flat screen tv's and updated decor. Everyone was friendly. The free shuttle to the airport was great. Even though we were leaving before the continental breakfast officially started, everything was set up and we were welcomed to help ourselves. They conveniently included items that are easy to grab and eat on the shuttle ride. We were able to park our vehicle for no extra charge. The airport pickup when we got back was prompt and the young man was nice and helped with our bags. .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at the hotel. I will definitely pass on your comments to our staff and acknowledge those you have mentioned. Your feedback is most appreciated and assists our staff in raising the bar for your next stay with us.
With many thanks once again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Nothing negative here. Good clean property. Good staff. Fitness room and business center were both in good order. Though not used, the indoor pool looked clean and well kept. Breakfast set up was average. Good value in Milwaukee.

• Stayed March 2013
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding the hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you return in the future.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my second time staying at this Sleep Inn. Pool and Whirlpool were closed. Night clerk was very nice, professional and attentive. Next morning at 6:15AM. No hot hot food. Went to front desk. Two clerks sitting in back office chatting. Told them no hot food. One clerk - no name badge - mumbled about someone not putting out sausage and went back to bury her face in the computer! I ended up going to a restaurant nearby for breakfast. Otherwise my king room was well appointed and nice.

Room Tip: Any rooms in this property are well appointed I assume. No noisy streets nearby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it allows us to improve our service as necessary. I have addressed our staff to insure we remain focused on the standard of service you can expect from the Sleep Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport.
We look forward to your return to provide service that will exceed your expections.
Sincerely.
Mosinee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here on Jan. 15th. very nice hotel. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We were flying out of the General Mitchell Airport and the shuttle was there to take us to and from the airport with no problems. The driver ( young man) on the way from the airport to the hotel was very nice and outgoing. As far as our room.... It was a decent sized room....however I think the housekeepers went a little to fast when cleaning it. I found a part of a oreo cookie out in the open on the floor near the heat/cool unit and a few small silver circles from something laying on the floor near the bed. seemed like maybe the housekeeper didn't vaccumm or just rushed to clean it. Other than that Our stay was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Tammy F, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on January 15th. I appreciate your feedback and would like to express my sincere regrets that the housekeeping of your room was not to the highest standard which we pride ourselves on. I will personally address this with our housekeeping staff and hope you will consider a stay with us in the future so we are able to show you our commitment to cleanliness.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.