“yummy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Portsmouth, Ohio
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

i recently had the chance to stay at your hotel and i must say that your food was truly yummy.. we had the breakfast buffet and to our surprise we were able to be seated early before anybody else.. Alex our server had told us that the breakfast cook Matt was just about to put out the buffet i had the breakfast burritos that he had made and other goodies that were on the buffet It was well worth the money to get the buffet. Thank you again for allowing me to get served early Alex and Matt!!!

Room Tip: worth getting the buffet lots of choices and friendly staff
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear S T:

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed our food offerings so much during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Matt does a great job coming up with specials to add to our buffet so that guests staying more than one night can experience a variety of different items.

I have shared your kind comments with our entire staff especially Matt and Alex.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport we look forward to your return.

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chepachet, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was the first time to this hotel, however I have stayed at other Crowne hotel.

The decor was slightly old, but still very comfortable. The meeting room was even temperature, comfortable chairs and where the drink/ food was stationed, it was within a reasonable walk . The beverage station was always, full and warm!!!!

My room, a king suite, was nice. My one compliant, there was an air draft from the slider door, I even thought it was open at one point. I was not thrilled at the bedside phone placement, but the area housing a king bed did not allow many other choices.

The breakfast was full of many choices, eggs evenly cooked and amble amt of fruit. The host and waitresses were ideal. Our evening choices met the fare, I would have preferred more sandwich choices. The service, one lady, was beyond great, although I think she could have had help serving the main dishes. She knew the menu well, offering her choice while still backing the main menu selections.

The main desk and shuttle was professional and friendly. The one fault, a small 'gift' shop . I would suggest playing cards for a minimal price.

I had heard of the option to stay one night , park a private vehicle and be shuttled to the hotel. I thought this was a terrific service for travelers. My one compliant of the whole experience, I asked and was charged for the concierge room but the open hours did not work with my stay, knowing this I would have expected a refrigerator in the room.I feel the booking process should have alerted to this issue. Overall, if the group choices this venue again, I would be very happy to return in 2015.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Slainte23:

Thank you so much for providing such great feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We were so happy that you decided to move your group to the Crowne Plaza and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting your group next year and will share all of your kind comments with our entire staff.

Saint Ignatius, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

While visiting my family in Milwaukee I had an amazing stay at your wonderful establishment. From the moment I checked in Vanessa and Jeff at the front desk were very polite. It was my birthday and on the tv in my room said Happy Birthday. My friend and I went into the club that night and met Joni very nice woman. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and had the pleasure of meeting Julie and Jen. Jen was very pleasant she's from Montana just like us so we talked alot about everything. Julie was great she took us on a tour of all the banquet rooms since we were interested in having a family reunion maybe sometime this year. Because of how pleasant both Julie and Jen were we had breakfast in the restaurant each morning. We had the buffet the food was amazing as well as the kitchen staff Tom, Jason, and Matt.
In the evening we had dinner and drinks Erica was our server very nice to us and our 10 year old niece. Our niece liked her and Joni so much she made them both loom bracelets. We also had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the best bartenders ever Charles and Paul. We also went to the club another evening and met Samantha she was very nice and polite.
The first day we were there the hot tub wasn't working we were very upset but than Jerry the maintenance man reassured us it would be up and running shortly and it was. We had the pleasure of meeting Elvis in the restaurant very nice man. Clint the GM even introduced himself to us. We also met Joya through passing in the hall it was a pleasure talking with her very sweet woman.
All week the customer service was great completely 5 stars from all the staff. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so memorable. We will definitely be back when we come back to Milwaukee. I also told all my facebook friends how amazing everything was.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Caroline Z:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting such excellent feedback regarding the service you received while staying at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to each and every guest and the fact that you were able to remember all of those staff members truly means that we lived up to our own high standards.

I will make certain that all members of our team see your great feedback and celebrate success together.

LITH, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Terrific property by the airport. Well appointed interior and an amazing staff. As a single traveller I often receive short shrift from restaurant staff, however on this stay Erica and Joni couldn;t have been more wonderful. They were gracious, fun and provided impeccable service.
Thank you for a grand experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Pete:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such great feedback about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I'm glad you had such a great stay and enjoyed our Altitude restaurant while you were at our property.

Yesterday at our morning standup meeting we read your review to all of our staff and personally recognized Erica and Joni for their outstanding service that they provided to you.

We hope the next time you are in the Milwaukee Airport area you choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport again. We also hope that you may be able to check out some of the unique offerings Milwaukee has such as: The Milwaukee Art Museum, Miller Park, Summerfest, Italian Fest etc.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently took advantage of their park and fly program and found it to be very convenient. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes to the airport and I probably waited about 3 minutes to be picked up on the back end. The first room they put me in had a horrible urine/vomit stain on the mattress. I went down to the front desk and spoke with Jeff about it. He seemed legitimately concerned, upgraded me to a king executive room and gave me a couple of comped drinks at the bar. Also, I probably went back and forth to the room about 4 times when I was there and every time, Jeff greeted me by name, very impressive. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The executive king rooms are on the top floor and have balconies.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Chicagoman88:

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay. I was made aware of your discovery of the mattress and was also concerned. We have touched base with all of our housekeepers to ensure this never happens again in the future to any of our guests.

I do want to assure you that this is not normal and hasn't happened before but that we have rectified it. Jeff does a great job as our front desk supervisor and truly does care about each and every guest that walks through our door.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time your travels bring you to Milwaukee.

Medford NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a very nice property,staff is very helpful.I had a problem with my water later in the night,Pamela was very helpful in getting me relocated. The restaurant on site Altitude has a excellent menu,I dined there nightly and was very pleased. Milan was very helpful,all of his recommendations where spot on. This is a nice location for Priority Club Travelers they have a menu of Amenities that make the stay a pleasure

Dear Matt K:

Thank you for providing such great feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Its feedback such as yours that allows us to show thanks to our associates and also provide learning experiences when such issues arise.

I was sorry to hear that you had issues with water during your stay but thankful that Pamela took such good care of you. Milan does a great job in our Altitude restaurant and I was glad to see that you experienced the great customer service that he is known for.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a very short overnight at this hotel but our reception when we checked in made us want to stay longer. We would like to personally thank Jeff, at the front desk, for his professionalism, great attitude and efficiency while checking us in. He had helpful tips, food recommendations and generally just made our first impression of the hotel wonderful. The property was clean, rooms were warm, and staff were kind. Thank you for a great stay, albeit too short!

Dear joburkholder1:

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport as your hotel of choice during your recent trip to the Milwaukee Airport area. We truly emphasize customer service with each and every guest as our top priority. Jeff is definitely one of our stars and I'm glad that he took such good care of you.

Clint Wills

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!