“Priority Club Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
winston salem
“Priority Club Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I applaud this Hotel and it's Staff for providing Priority Club Members a Haven where being a Priority Member really counts. From Executive Level Rooms to Complimentary Continental Breakfast to a Social Period at night, Good Place for the Card.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_Management6401, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
As a loyal member of our IHG Rewards Program we value your continued patranage. We are proud of the improvments we have made with our club lounge. Your continued feedback is appeciated and welcomed as we strive to continue to make your experience memorable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Greensboro NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in town for the International Moose Covention for five nights.Meals were ok but breakfast was way overpriced at 12 dollars.The only other choice was McDonalds and a sports bar.The rooms were ok but no fridge or microwave.I paid the same price as the Hilton and Hyatt downtown but a long way from the quality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience . Our goal to offer the best in value and in service. Your feedback makes us continue to strive to exceed all of our guests expectations.
KC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked four King Executive rooms for five nights each 2 1/2 months prior to my stay for $92 per night a discount from the regular King Ex. rate and I had printed hard copy proof. One day before we was to arrive I checked my priority club reservations and it said standard rooms not the king ex. rm. that I had booked. I call the hotel directly the person that answered said to bring my proof and they would honor the reservations for king executive rooms, We arrived at the hotel at 11am to check in a very nice woman checked us in and I gave her my proof of the king executive room reservations for $92 and we were all set. Four king executive rooms will be ready by 3pm. We returned at 4pm. John the director of rooms informed me in a very rude way that there's no way we are getting the King Executive rooms we had booked for the price of $92, tired from traveling for two days and from arguing with him to no avail I gave in.(I don't know what happened to the customer is always right especially when you have printed proof. not at this hotel) I wanted all the rooms on the same floor, he put one room on the3rd floor and three on the 4th floor which had a broken ice maker you had to go up or down floors to get ice since this is a full service hotel I called room service and asked for ice and they refused to bring us ice. So very upset I called Customer relations for the hotel chain from my room and informed them of all the situations. They said the Gen. Manager would be called, I don't no I they did or not. I noticed there was no refrigerator in the room so I called John directer of rooms to request one so my wife could keep her insulin medication cold John said we are a full service hotel and he couldn't comply with my request for a refrigerator. He said he would comp. us for breakfast buffet for our troubles, We ate at the breakfast buffet all five mornings, same menu every morning If it wasn't free we would not have eaten there, again poor service the servers didn't want to bring us coffee, at 9am one of the mornings they were out of B & G and said they wont make any more they were out of bagels two days, the buffet is open to 11am . On Memorial day we came back to our room late afternoon my wife took a shower and the maid left us no towels wife had to wait 15 minutes. dripping wet for towels to be brought to room, we noticed the room wasn't vacuumed that day ether.. The glasses that same day were dirty I had to wash them myself before I used them. Pillows were hard, Toilet seat was broken, room had no closet, bathroom very small no room on vanity for your toiletries. First day the room thermostat wouldn't work had to call maintenance to fix it. We fill we were treated badly by John the director of rooms and some of the hotel staff followed suit. I will never stay at this hotel again! It made our stay in Milwaukee a very bad experience and our first experience with Crown Plaza Hotels a Very Unexceptionable Rude Unpleasant Experience. The customer is not right here at the Crown Plaza Milwaukee WI. even if you have the documentation to prove it.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Management6401, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Greetings from the Crowne Plaza MIlwaukee Airport!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is through comments such as yours which helps us identify areas of concern. Our intention is to always be prepared especially when it is a busy time in our hotel. That is to have a well stocked buffet that includes the items that are expected by all and to be well stocked on any additional amenities requested by our guests. Unfortunately we ran out of refrigerators due to the high number of requests that week and again for that we apologize. "Service" is the key to guests satisfaction and that principle has our personal commitment.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Knowing I was staying at the airport I expected airport noise. However suprisingly we didn't hear any planes. However we were in a first floor room facing the front of the hotel and between the noise coming from all the patrons visiting the Altitude Lounge and noisy drunk guests traveling thru the lobby to their rooms on Saturday night after an event I was beyond not happy with my stay. The hotel was clean, the room had a very comfortable bed and linens, however on the first night when I went to take a bath there was no plug in the tub. I had to call the front desk, who had to call maintenance who finally got one to work about 20 minutes later. Seems like that should be something thats checked when the room is cleaned. The workout room is par, it is connected to the indoor pool and on the day I was there the air wasn't working so I was able to get a sauna while I ran. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly and for the most part the hotel was very nice. However for it being a Crowne Plaza I expected a little more. Overall for the price it wasn't bad, the area had plenty of restaurants etc., I was only 10 minutes from Downtown. If I stay again I will ask for a top floor away from the parking lot.

Greetings from Milwaukee!!

I have shared your experience with our entire staff so that future guests are not inconvenienced.

We appeciate your feed back and want you to know that your patronage is valued and appeciated.
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Crowne Plaza at the Milwaukee Airport did not meet my expectations. The hotel is by the airport, so it's expected to have airplane noise. The area is terrible - nothing to do. We stayed in a fifth floor CLUB ROOM which included a continental breakfast and evening reception. When we arrived, our keys didn't work. We had to go back down to the lobby to get them re-keyed. The continental breakfast and evening snacks were terrible. Very little is offered. If you don't get there at the moment they open, nothing will be left. Breakfast had cold coffee. On the third day, my room keys didn't work again. The room was extremely small and uncomfortable! The woman working the lobby was unfriendly. Should have stayed at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Fifth floor club room is NOT worth it! Airport noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Cate T,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while on a recent business trip. The hotel was convenient to the airport and had a free shuttle that ran every 20 minutes. The hotel was very nice and had most of the amenities to please a business traveler. The hotel has a club floor; which only costs a little extra and includes breakfast, evening snack, drinks and business center. The rooms on this level have a separate bedroom with balcony. Room was clean, staff was friendly and I would stay again when traveling to Milwaukee. Alarm clock had no light, which made it a little strange to see the time.

Room Tip: Stay on the executive level
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Milwaukee and to the Crowne Plaza.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to attend an event that was held in the hotel. The experience was great! The lady that checked us in was SO nice and helpful. She was there the following night as well, and made sure our stay was perfect and that we had all the information we needed. The food was great! The room was great! I highly recommend staying here. I know I will be when I return next year for the event again, and I am really looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you !!

We appeciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!