“Not Bad, But not Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not Bad, But not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Knowing I was staying at the airport I expected airport noise. However suprisingly we didn't hear any planes. However we were in a first floor room facing the front of the hotel and between the noise coming from all the patrons visiting the Altitude Lounge and noisy drunk guests traveling thru the lobby to their rooms on Saturday night after an event I was beyond not happy with my stay. The hotel was clean, the room had a very comfortable bed and linens, however on the first night when I went to take a bath there was no plug in the tub. I had to call the front desk, who had to call maintenance who finally got one to work about 20 minutes later. Seems like that should be something thats checked when the room is cleaned. The workout room is par, it is connected to the indoor pool and on the day I was there the air wasn't working so I was able to get a sauna while I ran. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly and for the most part the hotel was very nice. However for it being a Crowne Plaza I expected a little more. Overall for the price it wasn't bad, the area had plenty of restaurants etc., I was only 10 minutes from Downtown. If I stay again I will ask for a top floor away from the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Management6401, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Greetings from Milwaukee!!

I have shared your experience with our entire staff so that future guests are not inconvenienced.

We appeciate your feed back and want you to know that your patronage is valued and appeciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Crowne Plaza at the Milwaukee Airport did not meet my expectations. The hotel is by the airport, so it's expected to have airplane noise. The area is terrible - nothing to do. We stayed in a fifth floor CLUB ROOM which included a continental breakfast and evening reception. When we arrived, our keys didn't work. We had to go back down to the lobby to get them re-keyed. The continental breakfast and evening snacks were terrible. Very little is offered. If you don't get there at the moment they open, nothing will be left. Breakfast had cold coffee. On the third day, my room keys didn't work again. The room was extremely small and uncomfortable! The woman working the lobby was unfriendly. Should have stayed at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Fifth floor club room is NOT worth it! Airport noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Cate T,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza while on a recent business trip. The hotel was convenient to the airport and had a free shuttle that ran every 20 minutes. The hotel was very nice and had most of the amenities to please a business traveler. The hotel has a club floor; which only costs a little extra and includes breakfast, evening snack, drinks and business center. The rooms on this level have a separate bedroom with balcony. Room was clean, staff was friendly and I would stay again when traveling to Milwaukee. Alarm clock had no light, which made it a little strange to see the time.

Room Tip: Stay on the executive level
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Milwaukee and to the Crowne Plaza.
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to attend an event that was held in the hotel. The experience was great! The lady that checked us in was SO nice and helpful. She was there the following night as well, and made sure our stay was perfect and that we had all the information we needed. The food was great! The room was great! I highly recommend staying here. I know I will be when I return next year for the event again, and I am really looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you !!

We appeciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice airport hotel

Rooms
The rooms are clean and comfortable with modern decor. Almost everything looks newly renovated. The mattress is firm. The bedding is comfortable. It's enjoyable to have a lightweight cotton sheet in between the sheets and comforter. The pillows are fresh and fluffy. My room was mostly quiet during my stay. Could hear some highway noise when fan wasn't running. Side facing the back is even quieter. No noise heard from adjoining door except loud bangs.

TempleSpa products in bathroom.

Note: I didn't receive my wake up call on 3 separate occasions. So set a Back-Up alarm! Front desk only offered an apology for the inconvenience.

Fitness Center
Could use an update for the fitness center like they did with the rooms.

Pool
Large pool area and indoor pool.

Restaurant
Great Breakfast buffet for $11. Fresh raspberries and blackberries in fruit bowl! Staff was pleasant.

Tips:
Not too much around hotel. A gas station and Subway are about it. However if you can drive, I always enjoy an Oakland gyro down the road (10 minute drive)

Overall:
One of the nicer airport hotels to stay and ride to the airport. Enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Nightcrawler4,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your experience at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed the bed, breakfast and other amenities that we offer. I will have our engineering team take a look at the loud bang coming from the doors. I will also make sure that we don't miss any wake calls again. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!

Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently had a corporate meeting at the Crowne Plaza and every staff member we worked with was extremely helpful. The catering team, headed by Julie, was able to adjust to our schedule and very accommodating to any changes or adjustments we needed. The front desk staff was also very helpful, they basically did everything they could to help make our meeting the best it could be, especially J. Our sales manager, Katie, helped us set up the event also was very helpful and proactive in helping us get ready prior to the meeting. Definitely a great place to hold a meeting if you're looking for somewhere close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Ashely D,

Thank you very much for the great review and congratulations on being our 100th review!!! Thank you for acknowledging our team members, Julie in Banquets, J at the Front Desk and Katie in Sales. They all work very hard and it is great to be able to read a review thanking them for taking care of our guests. Again, thank you for your review and for using the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airprot.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a large trade show, so we had the benefit of using both the grand ball room and a sleeping room.

Regarding the Sleeping Room itself, it was clean and modernized, so that was in the PLUS column. To me, a frequent overnighter, the NEGATIVES were: the Alarm Clock (one of those that takes an engineering degree to figure out how to set), Lack of outlets available to use (I travel with 4-5 electronic devices) and the Vanity in the Bathroom. The vanity was one of those fancy free-standng Style that dramatically limited the countertop space. I like to empty my toiletries bag and lay it all out, but could not do that here. Usable space was about 10" from the bowl to the edge of the sink. Not allot of space.

The staff was very friendly and eager to assist when the need arose. The Room Service food was very good, but the fees to do so were a bit out of line. There was a Delivery Fee on top of the Taxes and Gratuity. Might want to inquire on that before you order.

Overall, I would stay here again, but the little things could sway me to another hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get yourself a Suite so that you have more outlets if you are a business traveler.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear altitudejunky,

Thank you very much for the review. I appreciate your comments about how friendly our staff is, how clean and modern the rooms are and good food you encountered through room service. We are looking at options for the alarm clocks and how to add additional counter space in the bathroom. It may be as simple as adding a shelf? I will speak with our F&B Manager about he Room Service Charge to make sure we are following proper procedures. Again, thank you choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while staying the the Milwaukee area.