“Quite pleased for an airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
“Quite pleased for an airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff and good location makes this a good choice. The lady up in the club lounge went out of her way to get me items missing from the breakfast bar. The barkeeper was friendly too. The bedrooms was very nice and clean so I had a good sleep, which is not always the case for hotels. Bed was comfortable and the room surprisingly quiet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mobileworldtraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us! I appreciate your comments on our staff, our club lounge, bar, rooms, beds and the quiteness of our rooms. We are very thankful that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while visiting the Milwaukee area. Please let me know next time you will be in town. Again, thank you for the review!

Wayne Leming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The people working here just do a little bit more and go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. I often stay at the nearby Hampton but it just seems you get a bit more at this property and the price was about the same. The concierge floor beats the Hampton and its just more interactive and enjoyable in the lounge with the free food And beverages. Gym is good with barbell weights and free motion cable machine plus the usual tread/bike/elliptical equip. Only negative is the toilets are as loud as a rocket it can render you wide awake.

• Stayed February 2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear the8thdog,

Thank you for giving us the ultimate compliment by choosing us over our competitors while staying in the Milwaukee, WI Airport area! Our goal is to win new and old guests over with our service and amenities. We recently revamped the club level for the sole purpose of giving more to our valued guests. I apologize for the sound of the toilets, I will have our engineering team see of they can come up with a solution to noise. Again, thank you for the review and let me know when you will be staying at the hotel next.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband & I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza in mid-Feb 2013, prior to our week-long trip to Mexico. It is so convenient to stay at a hotel that offers 'Park & Fly' packages where they will shuttle you to & from the airport and you don't have to worry about parking fees, etc. We originally selected the Crowne Plaza because the charter company (Funjet) we were flying with gave us a voucher for a reduced rate for booking a 'Park & Fly' room. Check-in was very smooth; we got a room with a king-sized bed as we preferred; arranging the shuttle and wake up call was taken care of immediately; we woke up in the morning and took AWESOME SHOWERS; had fresh coffee, fruit and packaged danishes waiting downstairs for us before hopping on the shuttle to the airport. Our sweet shuttle driver, Rene', got us to the airport quickly and we were on our way to Mexico...NOT!!!

Once inside the airport I went to pull out our passports from the 8"x6" green leather satchel that held all our documents, and could not find the satchel anywhere. OMG, we lost our passports! The personell of the Crowne Plaza were the ones that went above and beyond to support, guide and assist us from there. I can't say enough about the compassion and kindness the Crowne Plaza employees showed us. Rene', who was now voluntarily working OT, came back to the airport to pick me up and my husband stayed to go through all our luggage. Rene' went to our room and turned it upside down to find our passports after dropping me off by our car so I could search there. No luck from either of us. Called my husband at the airport and he could not find it either. The only other possibility was that somehow the satchel had fallen out of my purse the previous night when we went to dinner (@ PF Changs) at the Mayfair Mall, of all places! Rene' asked the front desk to get us phone numbers for the Mall and the restaurant, which they did. They also gave us a late check-out so we had time to check out these other options. Rene' then took me back to the airport to pick up my husband and brought us back to the Crowne Plaza since we already missed our flight. We were told by Funjet if we found the passports yet later that day, they had 10 open seats on the exact flight the next morning, which Funjet made us pay an additional $100 for (even tho we paid for the insurance)...but that's another story.

By now it is 8:30am and our flight left two hours ago. What happened to us had spread like wildfire at the Crowne Plaza and we were treated like celebrities...Bless your heart, Rene' Parrish, for all you did for us. The Director of Sales & Marketing, Valerie Casper, gave us complimentary tickets to eat breakfast in their restaurant which my husband thoroughly enjoyed. I was too devastated and sick to my stomach to eat anything at this point - we still had no passports. My husband ate; I sat there and cried. Afterward we went to our room and regrouped; calling the numbers the hotel had given us. To shorten this story, our passports were retrieved from PF Changs by about 10:15am. We went back to the restaurant at the hotel with smiles on our faces, and I ate a fantastic breakfast now. The Crowne Plaza allowed us to stay another night at the same reduced rate and they gave us recommendations of things to do for the day. We ended up going to see a great movie at a nearby cinema in the afternoon, had a fantastic dinner at the Crowne Plaza restaurant, and they got us to the airport the next day safe & sound. As it turned out, our shuttle driver Rene' got called in to work unexpectantly and she sent us off wth a beautiful card and little 'care package'. We had a wonderful vacation and were picked up quickly by another hotel shuttle driver, who made sure our vehicle started and we were on our way home before he headed back to the hotel entrance. Needless to say, we will be loyal customers to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport mostly due to their extraordinary personnel, but also because the hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, convenient, safe, close to the airport, and has a very good restaurant right there.

Room Tip: Our 3rd Floor room with a king-sized bed was very quiet with a great shower!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barnett_2013,

Thank you for the great review and acknowledging our team members. Your story has captivated our hotel and so many people are asking me if I have heard how your vacation went. The entire hotel feels like you are part of our family now. As the General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud of everyone who was involved and went above and beyond to provide exceptional service four you and your husband. It is great to see the compassion of our team members when faced with a circumstance such as yours. Again, thank you very much and please reach out to me before you visit us again. P.S., please update us on your vacation!!!

Jerome, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been frequenting this hotel as a guest for several years and I have received nothing but great & courtious service from everyone but I can tell you the the best kept secret about this hotel is in the lounge. The batender (Milan) has been nothing short of amazing in his treatment of me and his service to the point where I consider him as friend as well as an excellent bartender. I would highly recommend this hotel just for the privilege of being served by Milan.

SP
Jerome, Az.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve P,

Thank you for the review and showcasing Milan. We are very forunate to have him as part of our team! To have a valued guest such as yourself acknowledge Milan for his services is such an honor for him and the hotel. Building great relationships is what hospitality is all about and I am very pround of Milan and our team for doing so. Again, thank you very much for choosing us and complimenting Milan.

Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I’m delighted to find this property, it will definitely be my first choice when I’m flying out of Milwaukee (which I do about 10 times a year)
It was a very cold January evening (10 deg F) when I arrived, so it was wonderful to find a very nice restaurant on the property.
As a Holiday Inn frequent guest, this was one of the best experiences where the hotel immediately recognized me for the level of business I give to Holiday Inn brands.
The guest room is excellent value for the level of comfort and quality of the work space. It’s one of those rooms you really don’t want to leave, but you have to catch a flight.
Next time I’m going to catch the later flight, even if it does put me in the middle of Atlanta’s rush hour when I arrive home!

Room Tip: Even though it's near I-94 and only a few minutes from the airport, I didn't notice any nois...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Peter M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while stayiing in Milwaukee. Our team takes great pride in acknowleding our valued Priority Club Members as well as all of our guests. We stres the importance of interacting with our valued guests and providing above and beyond service. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms and found your room to be comfortable. Please let me know when you will be staying with us again in the future. Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First, even if you do not stay at this hotel, at least grab a bite at the restaurant. It was very good food, fantastic service and a relaxing atmosphere. I really can't say enough good about the restaurant...

The hotel is nice. The weekend staff was accommodating and I was pleasantly surprised with an Priority Club upgrade to the concierge level rooms on the top floor.

Pro's
Shuttle Drivers and weekend staff exceptional nice, you can even schedule other stops such as the Walmart or KFC which was very nice since we forgot a few things.

Beds were amazingly comfortable. I loved that there were comforters on the bed in lieu of an empty duvet cover as most hotel have. I slept very well. There was a variety of pillows.

Restaurant was fantastic on all levels.

Pool and hot tub were very nice and the area clean.

Enough towels in the bathroom.

Nice little "shop" near registration. Basic snacks and toiletry items.

The hosts in the concierge lounge were wonderful and really tried to meet all our needs.

Suggestions for a better stay...
Needed to prepare better for the 1200+ people at the event and a full hotel.

Paying for additional maintenance assistance to be on hand for the weekend would have been a good investment. Most of us realize that things do happen when you have a large population in a confined area and are forgiving as long as we know as least the issues are being dealt with even if not resolved.

Security in the parking lot would have been nice as there were issues.

Replenish shampoo and conditioner during the cleaning process. I found this very odd that I had to ask each day.

Had to ask for pool towels both on Saturday and Sunday. Eventually, we just brought our own from the room, then asked for more to be delivered to the room. Check a bit more regularly would have eliminated this too.

Need to have a real coffee pot. These single serving cups are horrible and I kept making a huge mess on the desk trying to fill them. Quite frustrating. They will be the ruin of your furniture and cost you much more than a larger coffee pot.

At one point there was another guest, not associated with the competition, was siting in the lobby using vulgar language describing the dancers waking him up in the morning from the competition. While, I totally understand waking up to kids dancing (happens in our house all the time) his language was not appropriate, especially in front of children regardless if they were dancers or not. The receptionist briefly glanced over at him, but said and did nothing. Finally, I yelled half way across the lobby for him to restrain himself since there were dancers in there. The girl looked aghast at what I did, but the point was made. The receptionist should have had the manager come and ask him to refrain himself and maybe offer him something for his troubles, which was probably the reaction he was looking for in the first place from his outbursts and not a response from an upset Mom. Instruct your front desk staff how to manage these situations.

Monday front desk staff rude. Hopefully, it was just PMS...

As in everything, improvements can be made, but overall it was a reasonable good stay with a few adjustments on our family's behavior.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear LLC,

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear actual feedback and what we can improve on. You just happened to be staying with us during a once in a year type event. We have made the necessary adjsutments, mainly to try and find a common area in which guests can gather or relax. I will share your review with our team at our next team meeting to discuss areas of improvement as well as what you enjoyed at our hotel. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family. We reserved a room for 4 and got a queen bed and a pull out that slept one. The fourth person ended up sleeping on the floor because there were no more rooms. The shower barely had enough water to shampoo with. More water came out if the faucet than the shower head. The elevator was broken. And on a Sunday when I asked for a late check out, I was informed that it would cost 25 dollars more. I just wanted an extra hour or two. I have always been pleased with Crown Plazas in the past, but this one is not on par with the others. The one bright spot was the restaurant. The breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and gave great service.

• Stayed January 2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Feistraveler,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourself on our service and adaptability with our guests. Unfortunately we cannot gurantee room types, but we do everything we can to try and accomodate. With an event in house that reserved the majority of our rooms and all 28,000+ sq/ft of our meeting space, the hotel was very busy in every area. We worked hard all week in trying to anticipate our guests needs and to make sure from a staffing and mechanical stand point we would be flawless. With all of the preperation, we still saw issues with a failed elevator and water pressure. I am very happy to hear about you great experience in the restaraunt. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!