“Good Overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
California
“Good Overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First, even if you do not stay at this hotel, at least grab a bite at the restaurant. It was very good food, fantastic service and a relaxing atmosphere. I really can't say enough good about the restaurant...

The hotel is nice. The weekend staff was accommodating and I was pleasantly surprised with an Priority Club upgrade to the concierge level rooms on the top floor.

Pro's
Shuttle Drivers and weekend staff exceptional nice, you can even schedule other stops such as the Walmart or KFC which was very nice since we forgot a few things.

Beds were amazingly comfortable. I loved that there were comforters on the bed in lieu of an empty duvet cover as most hotel have. I slept very well. There was a variety of pillows.

Restaurant was fantastic on all levels.

Pool and hot tub were very nice and the area clean.

Enough towels in the bathroom.

Nice little "shop" near registration. Basic snacks and toiletry items.

The hosts in the concierge lounge were wonderful and really tried to meet all our needs.

Suggestions for a better stay...
Needed to prepare better for the 1200+ people at the event and a full hotel.

Paying for additional maintenance assistance to be on hand for the weekend would have been a good investment. Most of us realize that things do happen when you have a large population in a confined area and are forgiving as long as we know as least the issues are being dealt with even if not resolved.

Security in the parking lot would have been nice as there were issues.

Replenish shampoo and conditioner during the cleaning process. I found this very odd that I had to ask each day.

Had to ask for pool towels both on Saturday and Sunday. Eventually, we just brought our own from the room, then asked for more to be delivered to the room. Check a bit more regularly would have eliminated this too.

Need to have a real coffee pot. These single serving cups are horrible and I kept making a huge mess on the desk trying to fill them. Quite frustrating. They will be the ruin of your furniture and cost you much more than a larger coffee pot.

At one point there was another guest, not associated with the competition, was siting in the lobby using vulgar language describing the dancers waking him up in the morning from the competition. While, I totally understand waking up to kids dancing (happens in our house all the time) his language was not appropriate, especially in front of children regardless if they were dancers or not. The receptionist briefly glanced over at him, but said and did nothing. Finally, I yelled half way across the lobby for him to restrain himself since there were dancers in there. The girl looked aghast at what I did, but the point was made. The receptionist should have had the manager come and ask him to refrain himself and maybe offer him something for his troubles, which was probably the reaction he was looking for in the first place from his outbursts and not a response from an upset Mom. Instruct your front desk staff how to manage these situations.

Monday front desk staff rude. Hopefully, it was just PMS...

As in everything, improvements can be made, but overall it was a reasonable good stay with a few adjustments on our family's behavior.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear LLC,

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear actual feedback and what we can improve on. You just happened to be staying with us during a once in a year type event. We have made the necessary adjsutments, mainly to try and find a common area in which guests can gather or relax. I will share your review with our team at our next team meeting to discuss areas of improvement as well as what you enjoyed at our hotel. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family. We reserved a room for 4 and got a queen bed and a pull out that slept one. The fourth person ended up sleeping on the floor because there were no more rooms. The shower barely had enough water to shampoo with. More water came out if the faucet than the shower head. The elevator was broken. And on a Sunday when I asked for a late check out, I was informed that it would cost 25 dollars more. I just wanted an extra hour or two. I have always been pleased with Crown Plazas in the past, but this one is not on par with the others. The one bright spot was the restaurant. The breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and gave great service.

• Stayed January 2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Feistraveler,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourself on our service and adaptability with our guests. Unfortunately we cannot gurantee room types, but we do everything we can to try and accomodate. With an event in house that reserved the majority of our rooms and all 28,000+ sq/ft of our meeting space, the hotel was very busy in every area. We worked hard all week in trying to anticipate our guests needs and to make sure from a staffing and mechanical stand point we would be flawless. With all of the preperation, we still saw issues with a failed elevator and water pressure. I am very happy to hear about you great experience in the restaraunt. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Macerata, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Despite I am a Gold Elite member I get a very poor room at groud floor (no dedicated or upgrated rooms for members as in other hotels).
The room had not been well cleaned, expecially in the bathroom!
Breakfast buffet was poor and expensive (scramble eggs too cooked, seem plastic...).
Last but not the least, when I came back in the evening I found my room not cleaned yet!!!
...nothing else to say...

• Stayed January 2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear dylan38,

I am very sorry for your issues and concerns about the hotel. We pride ourself on our service and I do wish you would have said something so we could have taken care of you the correct way. I have spoke with the team members and will follow up on training. Although we try to upgrade when available, in a sold out situation such as the night of your stay, we cannot accomodate all requests. I would love to have a discussion with you off-line if you would like to discuss further.

Glenview, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend on a weekend stay in Milwaukee.

I thought it was great! It was clean, modern, and I loved the decor. We had a king room, and the bed was large and comfortable. I thought the bathroom was very spacious.

We didn't eat at the restaurant or get room service, or use any of the other amenities, so I can't comment on those, but in terms of the room, I was actually really pleased. When we went to St. Louis this past weekend, I judge the room we stayed in based on how much I liked the room at the Cowne Plaza.

It isn't all that close to downtown Milwaukee, so if you stay here, I would suggest having a car. Parking was very easy and there was no charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Cassandra S,

We are very glad that you and your boyfriend chose to stay with us for a weekend getaway. I am glad that you enjoyed the bed and like the decor and size of the bathroom. Keep in mind during your next visit that we do also have shuttle service to and from the airport and can make accomodations for you to travel downtown. Again, thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while staying in the Milwaukee area and we look forward to seeing you again!

Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in the Milwaukee area! The staff is very courteous and attentive, the lobby is clean and inviting, and the rooms are very cozy and they come with alot of little amenities that other hotels lack. What I love the best about this hotel is the food! The room service menu is simply out of this world. The preparations are fresh and unique, and the food is delicious every time. I have stayed in all the downtown Milwaukee hotels, including the Pfister, and the Crowne Plaza has them all beat. It's proximity to the airport is also a bonus. Whether you are traveling to Milwaukee on business or you want a relaxing weekend getaway, the Crowne Plaza is the place to be. Well done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Laxcat9,

Thank you for the great review. What I enjoy most about my job is sharing these incredible reviews with the Team! We feel the same way that you do about the hotel. We appreciate your comments about the lobby, rooms and staff. Keep in mind that during your next stay, we do offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Another added service that we provide for our guests. Again, thank you for your great review of the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport and our team and we look forward to your next visit.

Toronto, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The lobby of the hotel is quite nice and a surprise as the rates were reasonable so I expected a so, so lobby.

The room was a good size,spotless and very comfoy. Staff were helpful and attentive. I would recommend this hotel for a business trip or family stop before heading out to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear lemorley,

Thank you for taking to time to write a great review. I appreciate the kind words about the appearance of the lobby, the cleanliness of the rooms, the comfortable beds and the attentive service of the team members. I also am glad that you would recommend the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport to anyone traveling for buisness or leisure to stay at our hotel. We pride ourself on our service and cleanliness of the hotel and it is great when our guest take notice. Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Milwaukee area.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just went to the hotel for a night out with kids and husband and was so very impressed. the place was very modern, very clean,rooms were great and the resturant was awesome. would definetely go back agian

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Donna M,

Thank you for the great review! I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and will recommend us to others. It is always great to hear positive reviews in our restaurant as well as the cleanliness of the hotel. We are very hapy that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport and look forward to your next stay! Again, thank you and your family for staying with us.

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!