“Fantastic food, love the decor!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
1230 E Brady St, Milwaukee, WI 53202-1603 (Lower East Side)
414-810-3386
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mai Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #596 of 1,389 restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Fantastic food, love the decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Upon walking in I was shocked by the vibrant teal walls, yet they worked very well with the rich wood and the Thai acoutrements. Clean, great decor, nice ambience. The food was wonderful: fresh, tasty, well seasoned and large portions yet not overwhelming concerning the latter. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable: he understood when we each described the level of heat we wanted, and the outcome was perfect. Everyone at the table was extremely pleased with their dishes and drinks (E.G. Mai Thai, Thai Coffee). I will definitely revisit this establishment.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Milwaukee, WI
“Incredibly bad service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Knowing it might be busy on a Saturday night, we mad a reservation. We arrived on time, then were ignored by the staff. When I approached the bartender, we were told they needed to clear a table. That took at least ten minutes. We were seated, then no one acknowledged or presence for over 30 minutes: no menu, no water, no utensils, nothing.

When we decided to leave I spoke to the bartender and politely explained why we were leaving. He looked at, didn't say a word, then turned away to talk to a server.

In more tha 40 years of dining out, I've never encountered such a lack of interest in service. I've eaten there before and had a ggod meal, but after this experience I'll never go back.

We went down the street to the Emperor of China where we had a nice meal with attentive service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“If you need a quick lunch, don't come here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Beautiful interior design. My party of 3 was the 2nd table seated for lunch. We did not get our main entrees until 45 minutes after our appetizers. Nice scenery, but food was not all that great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Nice place to eat, great service, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Well for those of you that place a premium on atmosphere you will will probably enjoy Mai Thai. It is quite a quaint little place. Open late on Fridays and Saturdays for dinner after a movie or play.

The waitstaff is courteous and professional. The seating is functionally intimate for those quiet conversations.

The food is very good. The curries and appetizers are excellent, however the non curry dishes were not to the same level of excellence. This is not to say that they were bad, just that I have had better.

This is a great place if ambiance is more important than taste. I would rather have a great meal in a dive than a good meal with atmoshpere.

The prices are reasonable. The drinks, well that was a weakness, but I will excuse that as it was a late meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great new restaurant, nice atmosphere, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

great new restaurant, nice atmosphere, good prices