“Food, beverages, service and setting keep us coming back” 5 of 5 stars

414-220-9933
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustico Pizzeria-Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 1,410 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
New Hampshire
“Food, beverages, service and setting keep us coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My triathlete friends and I have been to Milwaukee two years in a row for a triathlon and Rustico is the first restaurant on our list now. The pasta and pizza options are tasty combinations of ingredients with plenty of healthy choices. The salads are excellent; we always enjoy sampling local beers and their extensive wine list too.

We've only been there on gorgeous, sunny afternoon/ evenings, so we've been spoiled to sit outside and enjoy being on the river. The ambience - combined with the service - seal the deal for a redo next year and any other time we go to Milwaukee in the future.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

near Milwaukee, WI
“Beautiful outdoor setting, delicious food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

On a beautiful evening, we dined on the back deck overlooking the Milwaukee River. Our waitress was attentive, but not overbearing. Off the drinks menu, we chose a local beer and a rum punch. We started with excellent salads and then a pizza with goat cheese, olives, and red peppers. Good value for the money, and tasty food. My only complaint is that because we were using a Groupon, we could not get in on the specials.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Every Good, Limited Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Yummy, yummy food; but the menu is heavy on sandwiches and pizza. Try the fried olives - even a non olive eater enjoyed it. Paninis are rather large. View of the river from the back deck. My only whine is the bathroom is in the basement and I just prefer not having to go into the basement to use the facilities - minor point! Go and enjoy - the pizzas looked yummy too.

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great location, nice and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I sat down at the back facing the Milwaukee river; great views. Had the soup and pizza slice lunch special. The pizza slice was a big slice, more like two slices combined. The staff, Marissa, was very friendly and helpful with the menu, and was very knowledgeable about the attractions in the city as well.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cardboard pizza crust with very little cheese and even less sauce”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I know how hard the restaurant business is so I usually don't give harsh reviews. But in this case I'll make an exception. Where to begin? Nice enough location with a seating area overlooking the Milwaukee River. The bartender was a little loopy...my change wound up on the floor, right after my coaster had wound up on the floor. This guy did not have the makings of a shuffleboard player. Everything he tossed ended up overshooting the mark. On to the pizza! It's a pizza place, what else would you order? Here's a tip: Keep drinking with the loopy bartender. The Margherita pizza was a disgrace to pizza makers everywhere. I've eaten pizza in most of the lower 48 and this is the by far the single worst pizza I have ever had the misfortune to try and eat (much less pay for). No taste. No spice. Hard bland crust. Inadequate amounts of what I think was supposed to be cheese and sauce (judging by color and placement only). And this was only after an extremely long wait to be disappointed. Oh...and it was COLD! I did not get to sample any of the other pizzas that our group of 12 ordered but the remarks across the board amounted to scratch this place off the list. If you think this review is harsh, try eating the pizza.

• Visited May 2014