“Riverfront Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Riverfront Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here on a Monday night for business. Clean & comfortable rooms. Location is prime as it is right near everything you need to be happy.

Fitness facility was very well stocked with cardio machines, weight machines and free weights. It was also a great spot to view some city scape as you ran on treadmill or used elliptical.

There is a lobby bar and restaurant as well and if that doesn't suit you there are many bars and restaurants on Water Street just a few short blocks away.

$25 for parking but the garage is attaches to hotel so getting to and from with luggage is not a problem.

Over all it was a great stay in a nice hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here on our weekend getaway and the place was enjoyable. My fiancee has platinum status so we always get an upgrade to a suite when we stay in these hotels, I love it! The suite was amazing but the bathroom I wanted in my house. It was spacious, had great lighting and the shower head was like I was under a waterfall...fab! They even had robes and slippers for us to wear and a mini seating area with couch and table. The valet attendants and concierge were also very helpful. I believe David gave us great recommendations for eating (his favs, I like local recommendations) I thought he was the concierge! Everyone was helpful. Oh and they gave us a free fruit basket! Good deal! We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BryantJB, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoy your Platinum Elite Status and all the benefits that accompany it! Our Platinum Guests are truly our top repeat guests and it thrills us to see how happy our Platinum Guests are!

Thanks for your great feedback!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and in good condition. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for the coffee addicts.
There was free wifi

The staff at the lobby bar were friendly and engaging and took time to speak to you

Will definitely stay there again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our Team. I know they work hard every day to deliver an extraordinary experience to our guests, and I'm glad they have succeeded!

I hope to see you soon in Milwaukee!
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in Milwaukee for just one night but knew we wanted to stay in the downtown vacinity. My husband and I both travel a lot for our jobs so we had points to use for one of the rooms we had. We were overal pleased with the hotel. We didn't eat or go to the bar or have the chance to use any of the extras, but the staff we encountered were remarkable! Ben,at the front desk had to break it to me that the fireworks are actually on the 3rd in Milwaukee! He offered (and delivered) a note with alternate fireworks in nearby communities. The valey parking attendents (David S. and Taylor J.) went out of their way to accomodate us and our ton of luggage and stuff - including a couple of trips down to the parked car with me. It's all very appreciated!! The staff at the Intercontinental really added an extra touch to the last day of our vacation. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BryantJB, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Such fantastic words about our team! I'm glad you were well taken care of and that our Front Office team shined! Anytime I see team members called out by name, I make sure they get the recognition they deserve, they work hard to do what they do, and your appreciation and 'kudos' really help fuel them!

Thank you for taking your time and I hope we can welcome you back to Milwaukee soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The public spaces have been nicely redone and rooms are ok, just a little tired. The location of the hotel is very central. We walked everywhere, including to the Harley Davidson Museum and Third Ward. A hidden surprise was breakfast. It was very good. Ben at the front desk could not have been nicer and he was well informed. Anna at breakfast was a delight. Overall the staff was good, but some were clueless with simple questions- ie, taxi fare and time duration to airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm glad you found your stay comfortable and were able to enjoy our City. Milwaukee really is a very walk-able city, with history and attractions everywhere! Thank you for your kind words about Ben, I'll be sure to pass these on to him, and I know he'll be thrilled!

I'll be sure to reiterate taxi fees and distance to and from the airport, this is something we should have as common knowledge and I'll make sure we get better here!

Thanks so much for your time!
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The lobby is nice, nice colors and the elevators are upscale. Sitting in the lobby you would think this is a great place. but as soon as you try to check in you will realize that the staff is short with you and inconsiderate. Your best bet is to just skip this hotel and find another place....parking $25 a night . . . .get real.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BryantJB, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
This is certainly not what I like to hear. I'm sorry and unhappy that your experience was so poor and that you found our staff to be short. I assure you, this isn't the norm and I will take this to my Service Team and reiterate our mission and service goals. With parking, unfortunately, this is one of the traits of a downtown hotel, however the rate is pretty competitive with other area hotels.

Please accept my apology for the Service Team, and trust that I will follow up with all Service Departments.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed here for a whole week, and noticed some pretty clear pros and cons:

PROS:
-excellent, central location
-generally very friendly staff
-outstanding room service food! (but see notes under con, if you have a food allergy)

CONS:
-someone else's shaved facial hair on the bathtub curtain. In addition to the bathroom looking old and the ring around the shower head popping out of the tile all the time, this uncleanliness was highly unwelcome.

-noise: the doors are paper thin. I had one of those rooms that is separated into a front lounging area and back bedroom area. When I would sit in the front room to either watch TV or eat an in-room meal, my heart would skip a beat every time a neighbor would come in or out of their room: it really sounded like it was my door opening every time.

-I have a food allergy. While the room service food was delicious (and I ordered at least once a day the whole week), none of the staff in that department, except Sarah, had any clue about how to handle an allergy situation. It shocked me how most of them "assumed" a certain dish was fine for me or not, rather than saying "I'm sorry, I don't know, but let me go check with the chef". Throughout the week I was told differently from different staff members what I could and couldn't eat. What if this was an allergy that could kill me? Management, if you are reading this, you MUST have a serious talk with your restaurant staff about how to handle such a situation! They don't need to have any knowledge of any particular allergy, but they DO need to know how to admit that they don't know something and then go check with the appropriate person who DOES know.

-no spa: for a hotel this size I was shocked to learn there was no spa! As I travel all the time, a massage every-no-and-then is important to me, and was annoyed I had to walk 8 minutes to their sister hotel, on deserted, evening streets.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I'm so sorry about the inconsistent information. That's an uncomfortable feeling to have, especially with food allergies. I have already sent your comments to my Director of Outlets and his team, and I am confident they will work toward a solution for this.

Thank you for your praise of our Hotel Team, I truly appreciate recognition for our Team!

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!