I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Intercontinental in Milwaukee but I was there on business so I cannot comment on the value of this hotel because my room was paid for. To make things simple and easy to read, I will break down this review with a "Pros" and "Cons" section to get an idea of this nice hotel.
This a nice 10 story hotel right in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. You are right on (or right off) the river-walk in Milwaukee and you are nearby many restaurants and bars in the city. There are also a few bars and restaurants on the property and a full menu for room service. I can't comment on the quality of any of the food because I did not eat during my stay, I can say they looked nice in terms of decoration and ambiance and they were busy almost every time I walked past them. The rooms are a decent size and have a small living room area with a sleeping area with a tv in both areas. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and attentive, this was a plus during my stay.
The bedding is not up to par for a 4 star hotel in my opinion. The pillows and mattress were nice but the comforter and make-shift duvet cover and sheets need to be replaced. Also, the bathroom is very plain and very basic. The shower is ok but after a shower the drain would take 5-10 minutes to drain the water fully. Lastly, and this wasn't a huge deal, the A/C worked way better in the living room than in the bedroom portion. There would be a 5 degree difference just walking down the hallway. I like to sleep in cooler temperatures during the summer months and the bedroom would just not get as comfortable as the living room.
All in all, I did enjoy my stay at the Intercontinental and it was not a short one. The bathroom bothered me the most and the bedding could be improved but I would return to the Intercontinental but I would suggest a different room. It's a good location, nice hotel, great staff, and has everything you need in a downtown hotel. If you are traveling to Milwaukee on business or leisure this place suits both. Give Intercontinental a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental