I would like to start by saying the staff at the hotel is attentive and very polite. Only thing is that housekeeping attempted to come in my room at 9am when I was changing. Surprised they were not aware we had not checked out. But, not a big deal. The king bed had a piece of particle board under the mattress. You had to sleep closer to the middle to get the "support" this was to provide. If this was the best way to ensure a better sleep experience, it was better than not having it. Desk leg area was broken. Again, not a big deal. After returning home an checking our bank account, I saw that we had a $129 charge and another $50 charge, when all we charged to the room was $41.20. I called the hotel, and as I thought, it was a "hold" they put on our card (debit).....I have been to numerous hotels (our business requires we travel over 50% of the time), and we have never actually had a hold on our account. It was explained that the first charge of $50 (from check-in), should have dropped off and been replaced by the second hold (because we charged 2 drinks ($15.92) and the next morning - breakfast ($20). I am aware of the potential holds at some hotels, but was surprised it was not brought to our attention that this would occur...especially over $41.20. Every hotel that we have been to that "may" do the hold has a sign at the desk, or the clerk mentions it. Our waiter at the restaurant in the morning was initially attentive, but after we were done and waiting 10 minutes for our bill (while listening to the staff gossip behind the "wall"), we went to the hostess station and "poof", the waiter was there. I still stand by this is a great hotel, and only really minor things to stop it from being in my review as 5 stars. Keep up the good work. This is coming from a Sales Manager from a resort property in WI that I worked at for over 20 years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental