“Reservations a problem, but everything else nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Reservations a problem, but everything else nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I booked a large number of rooms for a family wedding. At home printed out confirmations, everything was correct. At arrival, not correct. King rooms and doubles assigned to wrong night. Adjoining rooms not adjoining. But worked things out satisfactorily. Hotel is beautiful, pricey, but good overall.

• Stayed August 2013

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Each time I visit the city of Milwaukee, I look forward to my stay at the Intercontinental because I know there will be no surprises. Sometimes surprises are good, but not when you are weary from travel and just want a good night's sleep. The Intercontinental always delivers on this and is never anything less than efficient. This is no small thing and I appreciate it. Just wanted to take note.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: Lower floor, close to elevator is my personal favorite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in Milwaukee for a wedding and some college friends shared a room at the Intercon. The room was fabulous and the service was impeccable. The location is great for exploring downtown Milwaukee, the third ward, and Old World Third Street

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The last InterCon we visited was the InterCon Hong Kong, so tough comparison, but... The Milwaukee hotel is nice - great service, attractive lobby and public spaces and guestroom furnishings were contemporary and in good shape. Guestroom bathrooms are small and dated. There were no bathrobes in the room, but strangely there were slippers. No turndown in the evening. There were noticeable signs of wear, i.e., chipped paint on the doorways, bathtub glazing was worn. The room service menu was ragged as were the menus in the dining room. Would probably look at alternative hotels on another visit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear drbsfm,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is nice to hear that you liked our hotel facilities and guest services. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the conditions of your room and menu choices. Please accept our sincere apologies for any for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to improve our guest satisfaction. I hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Lera P
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just returned from Milwaukee after attending a friend's wedding. The guest stayed at several different hotels, but I chose to stay at the Intercontinental along with 2 other couples. I made a good choice. The Hotel was within walking distance to many attractions and very good restaurants. The staff at this hotel were very nice & were very accomodating to my needs. I am especially grateful & thankful to Ms. Theresa Robinson,at Guest Services, who was so helpful & professional. I traveled alone on this 1st visit to Milwaukee. She was very instrumental with guiding me during my 3 night stay. I would definitely return to this hotel and feel very safe in doing so. Loved Milwaukee, and had a lovely time at my friend's wedding @ The Lakefront Brewery.
Nilsa NYC

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 710 King Deluxe. Great view @ night. Perfect room for solo traveler/couple. The only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have just completed a 1 night stay for the first time at this hotel. I am forever travelling and often stay with InterContinental, mainly because they are so consistent. But not this time......
I rated this hotel as a 3. This was based on a 5 for the service and food, and 1 for the room (9th floor). First the good news - as with previous posts the staff are great! Friendly receptionists, really helpful concierge and fantastic staff in the restaurant. I did not have dinner, but the breakfast was top quality, even if I will now need to diet for a week or so!
However...........all this great work was undone by the room. Clearly it had seen better days! The curtains and furniture were damaged, the lights did not work properly and the bathroom was, well, just not nice (see previous posts). This is such a shame and I was really quite shocked to see this in an InterContinental. Come on management, sort it out - you are really letting your staff and customers down by offering such below par rooms.
Of course I mentioned this to the reception staff who apologised, admitted that the rooms were poor and gave me some compensation for my inconvenience. Whist this was not what I wanted as I would prefer a hassle free stay, it was at least a nice gesture.
My advice for anyone considering this hotel is to ask for a refurbished room. Oh and don't eat for 3 days before you have the fabulous breakfast!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear John L,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the kind words about our staff being great and helpful. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience the overall condition of your room may have caused. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am relieved to know that the property compensated you for the inconvenience you have experienced. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

While I understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G
Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Staff at this hotel is AMAZING! The valet/Bellmen are some of the most genuinely nice group of people I’ve met on a business trip before. One night we asked the valet for their opinion about the restaurant we were going to, they gave rave reviews. Then the following night the same valet remembered us and asked how was dinner! 5 star interaction!! The lobby and bar are clean and beautiful. Complimentary WIFI a big bonus.

Now for the sad news. After seeing this beautiful lobby, it was extremely disappointing to see the condition of the room I was in on the 8th floor. The threshold where the carpet and tile met, there was 2 inches of carpet missing, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, there was left over sugar mess on the desk where is wasn't clean from the previous person, and the shower was extremely dark. I'm not sure if they haven't reached the 8th floor for renovations yet but it really wasn't up to par with everything else the hotel had to offer.

With that, I would say due to the location, the bar, and most importantly the staff. I might stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service you have received from our staff and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!