We decided to have a get-away at the Intercontinental Milwaukee. We used our coupon for becoming an Ambassador member: this was a stay one night and get one night free. Our room was $189 and then we got an upgrade. This put us on the 8th floor. What a view! We could see the city, the lights at night, and Marcus Center with it's walls lit up and changing color.
As Ambassador members we received a basket of fruit and 2 small bottles of water. The room was comfy. We were given terry cloth bathrobes and slippers to use. There was an envelope with coupons for free brunches and drinks.
The concierge, Catharina, was VERY helpful. We learned that the Marcus Center had a Milwaukee Symphony pops concert highlighting the 60's. As seniors, that brought back memories. Catharina found us good seats and arranged our tickets. All we had to do was to walk across the street. How handy! It was our 5th visit, and as a treat Catharina sent up a bottle of wine on ice and some chocolates.
The next day we went to the Art Center to see the exhibit of color - as seen through photography. We also fit in A Raisin in the Sun at the rep in the same building. It was powerful.
Afterwards we joined friends to discuss the play over Thai food.
All of the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. They remembered us from our previous visits and called us by name and welcomed us back. I'd rank the weekend as a 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental