“Perfect location in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Perfect location in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was perfectly located-- near the Milwaukee River, and not far from the Old World Wisconsin St. with Mader's great German restaurant. Its location was just across the street from the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, so we just walked over there for the evening performance of the Milwaukee Symphony. The hotel's own restaurant is excellent, and the best part was the three-course pre-theatre dinner for $30. Delicious! Room was very clean and the beds very comfortable... All in all, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Naperville, Illinois, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Whether you are here for business or pleasure this is one of the best places to stay in Milwaukee. Near just about everything. Near downtown, third district or haymarket so you can walk if you like. But everything is a short cab ride. Very nice rooms, nice staff. Very nice lounge tohang out before or after dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I gave this two stars because the cocktail bar staff and severs were lovely. The night in our room was interrupted at 2am, 3am and 4am by insane banter and drunks partying in their rooms. Staff security did very little to effectivly calm it down. By 5am what seemingly were prostitutes brought the next wave of vulgar disruptions; with swearing, cat fights, crying and other physical disturbances. I had to get out of bed to the front desk where security smirked at the my sleepless nights woes. When I explained this all to the front desk in the morning at check out, they acted unaware and not sincere in the appology of the escalated incidents, I was offered $15 in compensation. Really disappointed with this vulgar and sleepless night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear theninab,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bar staff.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk and the noise during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Albans, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our stay at the InterContinental in Milwaukee (3/7 thru 3/ 11) was one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had. My wife is handicapped and the best way to summarize our feelings is to say that the staff there treated us like members of their own family. We had a number of unusual requests due to my wife's condition and everyone there was extremely responsive. I had a 50 year business career and did a lot of traveling and I cannot recall ever feeling as at home as this group of people made us feel. If and when we travel to Milwaukee again, the rate won't matter....we will stay at the InterContinental.

Conrad P.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Awesome hotel in a great central location, close to the best eateries and bars. I have stayed here many times and always have a very very nice experience. The staff are super friendly, helpful and very professional. Luis, who works the bar/coffee bar in the morning recommended an eatery for for brunch on my way to work. When I got to the eatery, they told me they were expecting me and I got rock star treatment while there. I went to the lobby very early in the morning looking for coffee before hitting gym, and nothing was open. I asked Matt who was working the front door about getting coffee and he offered and brought me a cup of coffee to the gym for my workout. These are examples of the the great service you see from the staff at this hotel. While I'm in Milwaukee, I don't feel the need to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ran into 2 employees during my say who we're incredibly rude, and even racist. As a customer, I felt discriminated against on multiple occasions. I may look younger, not dressed as fancy as everyone else, and not be from the same racial background...but I still deserve the same quality and care as every other customer of this hotel. Denying me amenities that I paid for was appalling. And acting as though I wasn't even there. I have NEVER experienced stereotyping and racial discrimination this bad in my life.

If you're looking for a similar up-scale hotel in Milwaukee, try the Pfister. They know how to treat their customers. I've stayed there many times before, but thought I would give InterContinental a try. That was a HUGE mistake. Sorry Pfister for ever leaving you, I'll be in your welcoming presence next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I first want to apologize for the lack of service you experienced as well as the manner in which you state you were treated. We take these situations very seriously and I do hope you will consider calling us and asking for our General Manager, Tim Smith as we would like to have more details to address this internally. We do hope you give us another opportunity to earn your trust.
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was by far an excellent trip followed by 1st class service. We contacted Catharina who is Chief concierge for information on what to do in Milwaukee, she went above and beyond of what was expected of her - a big thank you to her! I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: 10th floor - excellent view, overlooking the city.