“Terrific Stay at the InterContinental Hotel in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
St. Albans, MO
“Terrific Stay at the InterContinental Hotel in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our stay at the InterContinental in Milwaukee (3/7 thru 3/ 11) was one of the best hotel experiences that we have ever had. My wife is handicapped and the best way to summarize our feelings is to say that the staff there treated us like members of their own family. We had a number of unusual requests due to my wife's condition and everyone there was extremely responsive. I had a 50 year business career and did a lot of traveling and I cannot recall ever feeling as at home as this group of people made us feel. If and when we travel to Milwaukee again, the rate won't matter....we will stay at the InterContinental.

Conrad P.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Awesome hotel in a great central location, close to the best eateries and bars. I have stayed here many times and always have a very very nice experience. The staff are super friendly, helpful and very professional. Luis, who works the bar/coffee bar in the morning recommended an eatery for for brunch on my way to work. When I got to the eatery, they told me they were expecting me and I got rock star treatment while there. I went to the lobby very early in the morning looking for coffee before hitting gym, and nothing was open. I asked Matt who was working the front door about getting coffee and he offered and brought me a cup of coffee to the gym for my workout. These are examples of the the great service you see from the staff at this hotel. While I'm in Milwaukee, I don't feel the need to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ran into 2 employees during my say who we're incredibly rude, and even racist. As a customer, I felt discriminated against on multiple occasions. I may look younger, not dressed as fancy as everyone else, and not be from the same racial background...but I still deserve the same quality and care as every other customer of this hotel. Denying me amenities that I paid for was appalling. And acting as though I wasn't even there. I have NEVER experienced stereotyping and racial discrimination this bad in my life.

If you're looking for a similar up-scale hotel in Milwaukee, try the Pfister. They know how to treat their customers. I've stayed there many times before, but thought I would give InterContinental a try. That was a HUGE mistake. Sorry Pfister for ever leaving you, I'll be in your welcoming presence next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I first want to apologize for the lack of service you experienced as well as the manner in which you state you were treated. We take these situations very seriously and I do hope you will consider calling us and asking for our General Manager, Tim Smith as we would like to have more details to address this internally. We do hope you give us another opportunity to earn your trust.
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was by far an excellent trip followed by 1st class service. We contacted Catharina who is Chief concierge for information on what to do in Milwaukee, she went above and beyond of what was expected of her - a big thank you to her! I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: 10th floor - excellent view, overlooking the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

To start, we travel with our adult quadriplegic son and research carefully to be certain that we'll find the accessibility required. During our research we discover which hotels have staff that listen and understand what we're looking for.

InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee exceeded our expectations with round the clock staff that readily answered our questions and alleviated any concerns during our travels.

Catharina (chef concierge) handled our reservations for dining and managed all of our pre-stay concerns. Joe (rooms manager) squared away valet parking for our high roof van (which doesn't fit in parking garages). Mallory (Kil@Wat restaurant manager) handled our special requests without hesitation and fantastic time logistics management (we were heading out to a show across the street at the Marcus Center and requested meal service after the show when the restaurant closed between brunch and dining service).

Our 4th floor rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room decor is streamlined and unfussy. Corridor noise was a bit noticeable when we had all electronics turned off (i.e. neighboring doors closing and a guest swearing down the hall).

The fitness center on the 4th floor was very clean and had plenty of good equipment. Personally, I love saunas (dry or steam) and was pleasantly surprised to find one in the fitness center.

Kil@Wats 2nd floor restaurant is incredibly good! The Wisconsin charcuterie is the best appetizer plate. I loved the beet & grapefruit salad. The clear winner the evening we dined was my husbands choice of the mapled pork chop, it was a thick cut that presented flavor and moist meat with every bite.

Clear, the lobby bar, is spacious and allows good traffic flow with several entrance/exit points. Saturday evening was very crowded and there was a champagne and specialty chocolate table set up. Wonderful presentation for after theater or date night treats!

We'll be returning to InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee often now that we're discovering all that Milwaukee has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I surprised my wife with an overnight stay at this property for her birthday and we had an excellent experience. The check in was easy and friendly and our 8th floor room had an amazing view of City Hall. We also had an appetizer and local beer at the Clear bar which was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stay at Intercontinental Milwaukee several times a year for Business. My visit in early January 2013 was even more pleasant than previous. I was immediately greeted by Dave at the door and my bags were whisked away to the counter while I handled the cab. Upon check-in I was greeted by name and received an upgraded room without request. After I completed my check-in I was asked by Dave if I needed recommendations for dinner or drinks. Dave made several great recommendations and I appreciated his openness and willingness to help. Overall, IC Milwaukee does an outstanding job at ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!