“AVOID! Very rude employees.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Orlando, Florida
“AVOID! Very rude employees.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ran into 2 employees during my say who we're incredibly rude, and even racist. As a customer, I felt discriminated against on multiple occasions. I may look younger, not dressed as fancy as everyone else, and not be from the same racial background...but I still deserve the same quality and care as every other customer of this hotel. Denying me amenities that I paid for was appalling. And acting as though I wasn't even there. I have NEVER experienced stereotyping and racial discrimination this bad in my life.

If you're looking for a similar up-scale hotel in Milwaukee, try the Pfister. They know how to treat their customers. I've stayed there many times before, but thought I would give InterContinental a try. That was a HUGE mistake. Sorry Pfister for ever leaving you, I'll be in your welcoming presence next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I first want to apologize for the lack of service you experienced as well as the manner in which you state you were treated. We take these situations very seriously and I do hope you will consider calling us and asking for our General Manager, Tim Smith as we would like to have more details to address this internally. We do hope you give us another opportunity to earn your trust.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Pekin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was by far an excellent trip followed by 1st class service. We contacted Catharina who is Chief concierge for information on what to do in Milwaukee, she went above and beyond of what was expected of her - a big thank you to her! I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: 10th floor - excellent view, overlooking the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

To start, we travel with our adult quadriplegic son and research carefully to be certain that we'll find the accessibility required. During our research we discover which hotels have staff that listen and understand what we're looking for.

InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee exceeded our expectations with round the clock staff that readily answered our questions and alleviated any concerns during our travels.

Catharina (chef concierge) handled our reservations for dining and managed all of our pre-stay concerns. Joe (rooms manager) squared away valet parking for our high roof van (which doesn't fit in parking garages). Mallory (Kil@Wat restaurant manager) handled our special requests without hesitation and fantastic time logistics management (we were heading out to a show across the street at the Marcus Center and requested meal service after the show when the restaurant closed between brunch and dining service).

Our 4th floor rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room decor is streamlined and unfussy. Corridor noise was a bit noticeable when we had all electronics turned off (i.e. neighboring doors closing and a guest swearing down the hall).

The fitness center on the 4th floor was very clean and had plenty of good equipment. Personally, I love saunas (dry or steam) and was pleasantly surprised to find one in the fitness center.

Kil@Wats 2nd floor restaurant is incredibly good! The Wisconsin charcuterie is the best appetizer plate. I loved the beet & grapefruit salad. The clear winner the evening we dined was my husbands choice of the mapled pork chop, it was a thick cut that presented flavor and moist meat with every bite.

Clear, the lobby bar, is spacious and allows good traffic flow with several entrance/exit points. Saturday evening was very crowded and there was a champagne and specialty chocolate table set up. Wonderful presentation for after theater or date night treats!

We'll be returning to InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee often now that we're discovering all that Milwaukee has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I surprised my wife with an overnight stay at this property for her birthday and we had an excellent experience. The check in was easy and friendly and our 8th floor room had an amazing view of City Hall. We also had an appetizer and local beer at the Clear bar which was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stay at Intercontinental Milwaukee several times a year for Business. My visit in early January 2013 was even more pleasant than previous. I was immediately greeted by Dave at the door and my bags were whisked away to the counter while I handled the cab. Upon check-in I was greeted by name and received an upgraded room without request. After I completed my check-in I was asked by Dave if I needed recommendations for dinner or drinks. Dave made several great recommendations and I appreciated his openness and willingness to help. Overall, IC Milwaukee does an outstanding job at ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A classic landmark hotel in the middle of Milwaukee. Great atmoshpere and attentive staff from check-in to check-out.

I had a short 2-night stay, but here are the highlights.

Activities right off the lobby area were great, one night ping-pong, the next Bouce Ball.
Rain or snow showers, complimentary umbrellas, and lightning fast taxi service at the ready - GREAT Bell staff!

Breakfast was very good, quality eats. The bar area is large and serves breakfast as well. Not exactly the same level of service as in the resturant, so if you want you juice in a glass, you'll have to ask for it, otherwise it comes served in the plastic bottle like you would find in a C-store . . .not what i expected.

GREAT resturants nearby, and authentic!

I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor is a winner!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking for a hotel downtown as we were attending a wedding reception near there. We booked at the Inter-Continental on a recommendation from our son who thought it looked very nice. It truly is very nice, real modern with bar that overlooks the street and great atmosphere. It is also located close to so many nice retaraunts and bars you don't need to drive. The riverwalk is near by and nice place to walk for tourists. The service was great, the rooms very nice and beds very comfortable.

Room Tip: Because you are surrounded by streets not sure there is better room than another but upper floors gi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I love it when someone "discovers" us and has a successful stay. We thank your son for his recommendation, and you for your kind words. We hope the next time you visit our city that we will have the pleasure of your company.

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!