“THE kindest, most accommodating hotel staff EVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
“THE kindest, most accommodating hotel staff EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

To start, we travel with our adult quadriplegic son and research carefully to be certain that we'll find the accessibility required. During our research we discover which hotels have staff that listen and understand what we're looking for.

InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee exceeded our expectations with round the clock staff that readily answered our questions and alleviated any concerns during our travels.

Catharina (chef concierge) handled our reservations for dining and managed all of our pre-stay concerns. Joe (rooms manager) squared away valet parking for our high roof van (which doesn't fit in parking garages). Mallory (Kil@Wat restaurant manager) handled our special requests without hesitation and fantastic time logistics management (we were heading out to a show across the street at the Marcus Center and requested meal service after the show when the restaurant closed between brunch and dining service).

Our 4th floor rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room decor is streamlined and unfussy. Corridor noise was a bit noticeable when we had all electronics turned off (i.e. neighboring doors closing and a guest swearing down the hall).

The fitness center on the 4th floor was very clean and had plenty of good equipment. Personally, I love saunas (dry or steam) and was pleasantly surprised to find one in the fitness center.

Kil@Wats 2nd floor restaurant is incredibly good! The Wisconsin charcuterie is the best appetizer plate. I loved the beet & grapefruit salad. The clear winner the evening we dined was my husbands choice of the mapled pork chop, it was a thick cut that presented flavor and moist meat with every bite.

Clear, the lobby bar, is spacious and allows good traffic flow with several entrance/exit points. Saturday evening was very crowded and there was a champagne and specialty chocolate table set up. Wonderful presentation for after theater or date night treats!

We'll be returning to InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee often now that we're discovering all that Milwaukee has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I surprised my wife with an overnight stay at this property for her birthday and we had an excellent experience. The check in was easy and friendly and our 8th floor room had an amazing view of City Hall. We also had an appetizer and local beer at the Clear bar which was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stay at Intercontinental Milwaukee several times a year for Business. My visit in early January 2013 was even more pleasant than previous. I was immediately greeted by Dave at the door and my bags were whisked away to the counter while I handled the cab. Upon check-in I was greeted by name and received an upgraded room without request. After I completed my check-in I was asked by Dave if I needed recommendations for dinner or drinks. Dave made several great recommendations and I appreciated his openness and willingness to help. Overall, IC Milwaukee does an outstanding job at ensuring your stay is an enjoyable one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A classic landmark hotel in the middle of Milwaukee. Great atmoshpere and attentive staff from check-in to check-out.

I had a short 2-night stay, but here are the highlights.

Activities right off the lobby area were great, one night ping-pong, the next Bouce Ball.
Rain or snow showers, complimentary umbrellas, and lightning fast taxi service at the ready - GREAT Bell staff!

Breakfast was very good, quality eats. The bar area is large and serves breakfast as well. Not exactly the same level of service as in the resturant, so if you want you juice in a glass, you'll have to ask for it, otherwise it comes served in the plastic bottle like you would find in a C-store . . .not what i expected.

GREAT resturants nearby, and authentic!

I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor is a winner!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking for a hotel downtown as we were attending a wedding reception near there. We booked at the Inter-Continental on a recommendation from our son who thought it looked very nice. It truly is very nice, real modern with bar that overlooks the street and great atmosphere. It is also located close to so many nice retaraunts and bars you don't need to drive. The riverwalk is near by and nice place to walk for tourists. The service was great, the rooms very nice and beds very comfortable.

Room Tip: Because you are surrounded by streets not sure there is better room than another but upper floors gi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I love it when someone "discovers" us and has a successful stay. We thank your son for his recommendation, and you for your kind words. We hope the next time you visit our city that we will have the pleasure of your company.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee for the second time this past weekend. We traveled last year for a friend's birthday and wanted to repeat our wonderful Experience. They once again exceeded our expectations. The hotel has a beautiful classy feel, is very clean and the staff is so friendly especially Bryant Banda the Front Office Manager and Paul Whitlock the Front Office Supervisor. Even though there was another large event happening at the same time we stayed, everyone went out of their way to make us feel special.

This is the best location for visiting Water Street, attending a Bucks game or shopping. The hotel also has great in room amenities so you can stay in and order the 24 hour room service or go out on the town. The view of the street from our room was spectacular - we could even see an ice skating rink. They have a chocolate bar on Saturday nights right in the lobby and a ping pong table - something for everyone. Parking was $25 but at least we did not have to pay for a cab - we just walked to dinner and bars. Our favorite spot is Lucille's Piano Bar which is only a few blocks away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
THANK YOU! To have liked your first experience so much you decided to return is the best compliment. Truly fabulous that it was equaled the second time around. Thank you for being so gracious and for your continued support.
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The valet at the front door was very helpful/friendly, and helped me with my suitcase as I checked-in, the lobby is beautiful/modern, with the "ZenDen" on the 1st floor for lounging with a coffee or cocktail. My room was perfect - I had an "executive" room with a king-sized bed, and I had a great view of Water Street and Old World Third St. I took advantage of the fitness room on a Friday morning - and there were only two other people in there - bazinga! The only downside - the parking. I have never paid $25/day for parking in my life, being from a small town. It seems like a bit of a rip-off for someone like me - who did touristy things all day, and really only needed to park my car at the hotel at night - you would think you would pay less for parking in that case - but no! $25/day.

Room Tip: I would suggest the North side of the building, facing the Marcus Center
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
ZenDen"...perfect description. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Our valets are seldom mentioned in reviews, so it will give me great pleasure to share this with them. Yes, parking in a downtown area is always a challenge due to such limited space. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again.