To start, we travel with our adult quadriplegic son and research carefully to be certain that we'll find the accessibility required. During our research we discover which hotels have staff that listen and understand what we're looking for.
InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee exceeded our expectations with round the clock staff that readily answered our questions and alleviated any concerns during our travels.
Catharina (chef concierge) handled our reservations for dining and managed all of our pre-stay concerns. Joe (rooms manager) squared away valet parking for our high roof van (which doesn't fit in parking garages). Mallory (Kil@Wat restaurant manager) handled our special requests without hesitation and fantastic time logistics management (we were heading out to a show across the street at the Marcus Center and requested meal service after the show when the restaurant closed between brunch and dining service).
Our 4th floor rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room decor is streamlined and unfussy. Corridor noise was a bit noticeable when we had all electronics turned off (i.e. neighboring doors closing and a guest swearing down the hall).
The fitness center on the 4th floor was very clean and had plenty of good equipment. Personally, I love saunas (dry or steam) and was pleasantly surprised to find one in the fitness center.
Kil@Wats 2nd floor restaurant is incredibly good! The Wisconsin charcuterie is the best appetizer plate. I loved the beet & grapefruit salad. The clear winner the evening we dined was my husbands choice of the mapled pork chop, it was a thick cut that presented flavor and moist meat with every bite.
Clear, the lobby bar, is spacious and allows good traffic flow with several entrance/exit points. Saturday evening was very crowded and there was a champagne and specialty chocolate table set up. Wonderful presentation for after theater or date night treats!
We'll be returning to InterContinental Hotel Milwaukee often now that we're discovering all that Milwaukee has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.