“A really nice surprise !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“A really nice surprise !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A classic landmark hotel in the middle of Milwaukee. Great atmoshpere and attentive staff from check-in to check-out.

I had a short 2-night stay, but here are the highlights.

Activities right off the lobby area were great, one night ping-pong, the next Bouce Ball.
Rain or snow showers, complimentary umbrellas, and lightning fast taxi service at the ready - GREAT Bell staff!

Breakfast was very good, quality eats. The bar area is large and serves breakfast as well. Not exactly the same level of service as in the resturant, so if you want you juice in a glass, you'll have to ask for it, otherwise it comes served in the plastic bottle like you would find in a C-store . . .not what i expected.

GREAT resturants nearby, and authentic!

I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor is a winner!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were looking for a hotel downtown as we were attending a wedding reception near there. We booked at the Inter-Continental on a recommendation from our son who thought it looked very nice. It truly is very nice, real modern with bar that overlooks the street and great atmosphere. It is also located close to so many nice retaraunts and bars you don't need to drive. The riverwalk is near by and nice place to walk for tourists. The service was great, the rooms very nice and beds very comfortable.

Room Tip: Because you are surrounded by streets not sure there is better room than another but upper floors gi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I love it when someone "discovers" us and has a successful stay. We thank your son for his recommendation, and you for your kind words. We hope the next time you visit our city that we will have the pleasure of your company.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee for the second time this past weekend. We traveled last year for a friend's birthday and wanted to repeat our wonderful Experience. They once again exceeded our expectations. The hotel has a beautiful classy feel, is very clean and the staff is so friendly especially Bryant Banda the Front Office Manager and Paul Whitlock the Front Office Supervisor. Even though there was another large event happening at the same time we stayed, everyone went out of their way to make us feel special.

This is the best location for visiting Water Street, attending a Bucks game or shopping. The hotel also has great in room amenities so you can stay in and order the 24 hour room service or go out on the town. The view of the street from our room was spectacular - we could even see an ice skating rink. They have a chocolate bar on Saturday nights right in the lobby and a ping pong table - something for everyone. Parking was $25 but at least we did not have to pay for a cab - we just walked to dinner and bars. Our favorite spot is Lucille's Piano Bar which is only a few blocks away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
THANK YOU! To have liked your first experience so much you decided to return is the best compliment. Truly fabulous that it was equaled the second time around. Thank you for being so gracious and for your continued support.
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The valet at the front door was very helpful/friendly, and helped me with my suitcase as I checked-in, the lobby is beautiful/modern, with the "ZenDen" on the 1st floor for lounging with a coffee or cocktail. My room was perfect - I had an "executive" room with a king-sized bed, and I had a great view of Water Street and Old World Third St. I took advantage of the fitness room on a Friday morning - and there were only two other people in there - bazinga! The only downside - the parking. I have never paid $25/day for parking in my life, being from a small town. It seems like a bit of a rip-off for someone like me - who did touristy things all day, and really only needed to park my car at the hotel at night - you would think you would pay less for parking in that case - but no! $25/day.

Room Tip: I would suggest the North side of the building, facing the Marcus Center
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
ZenDen"...perfect description. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Our valets are seldom mentioned in reviews, so it will give me great pleasure to share this with them. Yes, parking in a downtown area is always a challenge due to such limited space. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I checked in an hour early on a Saturday and the room was ready. I was impressed with the initial impression of the hotel and the Jelly Bellys at the front desk were a cute welcome treat. We went to our Superior King room on the 7th floor and I was really bummed with the look/set up of the room. I thought it was supposed to be an upgrade from a standard but it didn't feel like it. The wallpaper was peeling, lamp shades stained and the set up was so strange. On a whim I had my husband call to see if another upgrade was available and we were quickly put in a 3rd floor corner room AT NOT CHARGE! This room was awesome. So spacious, large walk-in shower with multiple shower heads and a nice desk and floor-to-ceiling windows. The bed was extra cozy and nice. The minor flaws were some peeling paint, noisy heater and a few stains on the carpet. We went downstairs for live music that night, good band and very busy. The parking was $30/night. We had roomservice breakfast delivered to the room and it was ample and pretty/tasty. The service was all-around nice and I would def stay again, but ONLY in that awesome corner room!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy you made the call for the upgrade. As you can see we are in the process of upgrading but we are in mid process. It is very gratifying to hear your stay turned out to be what you had hoped. We certainly look forward to seeing you again, soon we hope.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was good, not great, and not awful. But it gets the job done. Got the room really cheap through a 3rd party website, which I'm probably not supposed to mention the name of here.

Pros:
1. Nice decor/fixtures.
2. We were booked into a double bed room, but when I asked for a king, they said no problem, and even gave me an executive king. This was a nice room which had a separate sitting area with TV, separated from the main bedroom by short hall, bathroom off this hall.
3. Front desk staff helpful, friendly.
4. Nice view of the city from our window.
5. Housekeeping staff did great job. Also, I even accidentally left my debit card and $20 on the desk when we left room, still there when we came back.

Cons:
1. Walls REALLY are paper thin. Could hear a guy having a conversation in room next door our first afternoon there. This morning, I could literally hear the person next door packing, could hear the hangers in the closet being pushed together, the zippering of a suitcase.
2. TVs while new and flatscreen, are small (we like to watch movies in our rooms on vacation).
3. Bed was not comfortable, despite a featherbed on top. Pillows WERE very comfortable, however.
4. Room service menu pretty limited.

Overall, I would stay there again for the price I paid, but prob not for what they book for through their own website.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
UP Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent one night at the Intercontinental,and were very pleased with the service and condition of the property. The location is right downtown, and within easy walking distance to restaurants, attractions, and museums.

Room Tip: Don't be reluctant to ask for an upgrade, especially if you are a Priority Club member, which yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!