“I've been around, and this hotel is awesome!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“I've been around, and this hotel is awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been traveling to Milwaukee three times this month. This is my first time at the Intercontinental and wow they are good!! I was a checked in by two hot front desk guys, Paul W. and Theo. I was checked in so fast and they gave me a king size bed with a smile on their face. My husband and I practically live in hotels and we are both smiling large! We love our room, very spacious and they have great lemon soap. I requested towels and they came right up. We then went to the bar for happy hour. Our beautiful waitress, Elizabeth, gave me the best vanilla martinia that I have ever had. We are so pleased that we thinking of extending our 4 day stay to 6. This place feels good and the service is all smiles. Thank you so much for this experience. We are staying longer and wil return. God bless you all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
How fabulous for you to have extended your stay. Even better the fact that you will be returning. Paul, Theo and Elizabeth will be sure to get kudos. I so appreciate you being specific with personnel and services rendered. This review reflects our mantra of doing business and hope for each guest to experience. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

618 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was there only for one night, at a conference, but was very satisfied from my brief stay.
However, as I was there for a conference, i would have appreciated them enabling to check out later and they weren't very giving there.
That being said, it was comfortable and otherwise accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent hotel for a business traveler

Service: We were met with great service from the time we arrived. I'd heard mid westerners were nice, but this staff exceeded nice. They were great; very professional and courteous. When we asked for a good beer and brat place to check out, we got personal recommendations from the bellman (which did not disappoint).

Location: On that note, the location is great and we could walk to any number of great restaurants and pubs. It's close to many major office buildings - we walked to our meetings too. In addition to that, I was able to step out the door of the hotel and go on a run to the lake, which was great.

Rooms: The rooms were large, nice and clean. Typical of most InterContinental Hotels where I have stayed.

Lobby: They lobby felt cool and was fairly active. While I did not do this personally, apparently you can play indoor bocce ball once a week or so in the lobby. Sounds interesting.

Cost/Value: Finally, the cost was very reasonable for the quality that you get.

I will definitely stay here again when I travel to Milwaukee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
If I could ask for a review that would cover who we work hard to be, this would be it. Thank you for so generously taking the time to address the many "faces" that represent who we are. It is reassuring to hear when we "hit the mark" for a guest. It will be a pleasure to serve you again.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here on a mini road trip from Chicago and enjoyed our short stay in Milwaukee. Sadly for us there was a Bachelor party on the same floor as our room and we were kept awake by them and eventually the police removing them, for a few hours that night. The hotel room itself was very good and the hotel very nice otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if they exist!?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
It is always difficult to hear when other guests impede the pleasure of other guests. I am happy to know our staff was responsive in handling the issue. Despite the inconvenience of the party, we appreciate the kind words on the hotel as a whole.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A few things. Hair in the bathroom tub and floor, electricity didn't work on the left side of the room, fire alarm goes off and forced to go outside. We return to elevators that didn't work for quite some time. Climb stairs 5 flights. That night we were kept up to people knocking on doors, screaming down hallways, slamming doors. The walls are very thin. You can hear EVERYTHING going on in the next room. Next morning, the receptionist doesn't even ask how our stay was. I would not recommend, nor go back here. Free parking for the burden would have been nice...

Room Tip: I would suggest possibly going through the hotel itself, maybe they will give you a nice room that w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for one week on business and the staff was amazingly helpful, especially Joshua Hunt. The location is wonderful and I would listen to staff recommendations. I really enjoyed Elsa's and Wards.

My room was extremely clean spacious and quiet. Everyone was helpful from the bell staff, desk, room service and wait staff.

I would return for sure. An easy stay away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WOW! Thank you for the great review. I really appreciate you naming your favorite employees as it gives us an opportunity to reward the best of who we are. Even better is hearing you would stay here again...we look forward to seeing you again.
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here when the property was sold out. Service at every turn was top notch. The rooms were clean and quiet, but a bit small which I guess is to be expected with a city hotel. The happy hour specials in the lobby bar sufficed for dinner on two seperate nights. The property is close to everything downtown and is very well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for an east or north facing room for the best views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
So glad our "happy hour specials" filled your evenings while here in MKE. Thank you for taking the time in writing this review and for the good comments.

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!