“Bell Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
“Bell Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The bell staff, Joshua Hunt, was curtious and professional. He went above and beyond the normal to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. He always remembered our name from the first night of our stay and had our car ready with in minutes of your request to retrieve the vehicle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Alpine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed on a Friday night, I could hear the conversion of the room next door perfectly clear very annoying considering they were still talking at 2 am. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was wonderful and not too pricey. A bit annoyed that I was not acknowledged as a priority club member considering this is an upscale hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments in light of your concerns. I will make a very deliberate segment in our next meeting/training refreshing the importance of recognizing club status. As for the noise next door, always call the front desk when this occurs. We have a few ways we can deal with this type of problem that can assure a comfortable stay for all guests We appreciate your business and your taking the time to write this review.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The stand out for this hotel is the incredible staff. Every single encounter I had with staff was customer service oriented, pro-active, positive and helpful. The lobby and bar area are tasteful and the room was quite large. I would agree with others re: bathroom could be modernized but overall this was an excellent value. A huge thanks to the staff!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I will be giving our staff three big cheers at our next meeting. There is nothing better than sharing a review like this with them. This review is a great example to take into training on how important they are so I thank you for taking the time to write this. I am delighted you enjoyed some of the amenities at our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel really is lovely. It is a short walk to Lake Michigan, Shopping areas downtown, and has all of the amenities. The stand out for me was the level of service. Staff were very courteous, respectful, and helpful. The bed had a goosedown pillow top that was so soft and comfortable. The bar area near the lobby is a great place to hang out with friends, and there were nightly happy hours.

Room Tip: If I stayed there again, I would ask fo ra street view, rather than a view of the rooftop of the hot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
All areas of our industry are important in making guests feel special when they are away from home; however, we believe it begins with service. Much time is spent in training personnel in this area; so, it was with utmost pleasure I read this review. I do believe the decision to add the goosedown pillow top was at the top of many of our guests lists. I hope we have the pleasure of your company again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I pricelined and got a good price for this hotel, then was concerned when I read a lot of the recent reviews, especially those that indicated cleanliness issues. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Bathroom is smaller and basic. Bed was comfortable. We could hear conversations through the bathroom vent though, very odd. Very nice exercise room. Staff was very friendly. No am coffee, always a disappointment but there is a Starbucks across the street. We don't usually prefer hotel dining so didn't try it. Hotel lobby bar was quite busy both nights we were there. Nothing exceptional here, but would stay again. We were in town visiting our daughter at college.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review We continue to work on all areas to meet the expectations of guests. It is always reassuring to hear our staff was appreciated. I was delighted to read you would stay again. I would encourage you to try dining in if you have the time the next time you are in town. Many of our guests find it to be exceptional.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall no major issues. Good location, staff was very friendly, lobby bar was nice, and breakfast in the restaurant was excellent. But considering what we paid for a premium room, was not impressed. Rooms were updated but still felt very old, dark, and a bit cramped. Also - No fridge in room was a let down.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
...A very nice beginning to this review, thank you. Happy you noticed the update but regret it was not to your liking. As for the fridge...we have them available at all times upon request. We would have been very happy to have accommodated you. Thank you for the very nice review on the restaurant, and we hope should you be back our way, we might have the pleasure of your company again..
Rosemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just stayed at the Intercontinental for one night. First let me start by saying the staff here is amazing. Everyone we came in contact with from checking in to the door man out front couldn't have been nicer. The lobby is abslutely beautiful too. Very nice first impression.

The rooms are very clean and updated. One surprise I had was how small the executive deluxe room was. From all the pictures I pulled up on the internet it appeared to be MUCH larger with a double sink bathroom and larger area overall. I was quite shocked when I realized that not even two people could pass in the bathroom by the sink area. Not terrible, just very small.

The bed was so comfortable except for the down mattress topper. Feathers kept coming out and sticking me all night.

I thought the chocolate bar in the evening was a nice idea for peple returning back to the hotel. Treats were lovely and well priced too.

Overall a nice, beautiful, clean hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for all the specific comments in this review. Our goal is always to be responsive to our guests comments and needs. I love it when I hear guests mention the amenities they partook in and/or noticed (lobby/chocolate bar). I do hope you mentioned the feather issue as it can be quickly remedied. I am delighted to know you would stay again as there is no greater compliment. We look forward having you again, hopefully in the near future.

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!