“Exceptionally comfortable, friendly, and stylish hotel in downtown Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“Exceptionally comfortable, friendly, and stylish hotel in downtown Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Our stay here was a very pleasant surprise, going beyond just comfort and services to adding a lot of style. The rooms, beds, and pillows are exceptionally comfortable. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The use of lighter trendy colors, unique woods, carpet colors, and lighting throughout the hotel make this property feel much different from comparable hotels. Rather than just style, this place has a feel of energy throughout. A great lobby level bar for drinks, and even a ping pong table on the first floor off the lobby! The Intercontinental adds fun to a nice hotel stay. And it is conveniently located to north downtown venues...Pabst Theater, Marcus Performing arts center, and the Bradley Center.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Marcus Performing Arts Center. The walls are lit at night with constantly...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. lt means so much to me to hear we provided both comfort, service and fun for your stay. I am pleased you found the aesthetics of the hotel pleasing and could feel the energy. I hope we may have the pleasure of your company again.

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for four consecutive weeks, leaving only to travel home for the weekends. The staff goes above and beyond to be considerate and accommodating. Luis knows exactly how I like my coffee and when I'd rather have a latte. Resheeda greets me with a warm, friendly smile and "Hello, Mrs. Alvarez" any time I approach the front desk, and Jay manages to be both professional and funny. The doormen make it a point to remember your name. I didn't get to meet the housekeeping staff, but my room was kept very clean. I've stayed in several rooms now, and they're spacious and comfortable. Plus, internet access is free.

I hate to be away from home, but this ingratiating staff has made my extended stay much more bearable.

Room Tip: Specify whether you would rather have one very open room or one with a split bedroom and living area...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
It is never easy being away from home for extended time. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am thrilled you mentioned so many of our employees by name. They often get overlooked in reviews and yet they are the heart of who and what we are. Rest assured all these employees will receive well deserved kudos for a job well done. We hope always to make our guests feel special while we have the pleasure of their company and it is reassuring to hear success stories. The next time you come our way, we hope we may continue to serve you.
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I got married and had our reception at the Intercontinental. From the moment we walked in, the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure that we had the best experience possible. The food was fantastic and our hotel suite was very spacious and had a very luxurious feeling about it.

The next day, the valets, specifically Will, Matt and Brandon, watched our car as we loaded our gifts/luggage and even valeted it at no cost so we could get something to eat.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a trendy, downtown hotel with great amenities and amazing service

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
What a tremendous honor to be a part of such an important event in your life. Will, Matt and Brandon are hard working, great employees who will be recognized for providing great service. I am delighted you found everything to your expectations. Have a wonderful life and we hope to see you again.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee for a friend's birthday. We could see an ice skating rink and park of the skyline from our room; once we were parked in the hotel's ramp there was no reason to have to drive anywhere since restaurants, bars and shopping were all around us. I just wish I brought my ice skates. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the associates were very friendly. The heated sidewalk outside the front entrance was also a big hit! Lucille's is a must see dueling piano bar in the downtown area!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted to know we were able to be a part of what sounds like a fabulous birthday. We hope you will return the next time you are in town.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed at the InterContinental Hotel in our hometown, Milwaukee WI. for our wedding anniversary, on December 2, 2011. Normally, we aren't to excited about staying in a hotel thats only 20 minutes from our home, but it was a special occasion so we opted to. First off, not only was Lee the most polite, and kindess concierge we have ever met, the entire staff at the InterContinental made our overnight stay very memorable. At check in, hearing that it was our wedding anniversary, we were greated warmly by the desk staff, and surprised with 2 drink coupons to celebrate our event. We dined at the in house restaurant bar, KiloWatt for dinner. We were very happy with our meal, and we headed out for a play we planned to see. While we waited for the valet, Lee Semke, hearing that it was our anniversary, surprised us with complimentary tickets to see "The Christmas Carol," which was playing right next door, so we didn't even have to leave the hotel. When we returned to our room, we were delighted to find a bottle of chilled Champagne waiting for us. As we said, we normally would've shunned staying at a hotel so close to home, but due entirely to the great staff at the InterContinental Milwaukee, we are already planning our next stay! Lee Semke ROCKS! I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor over any other downtown hotels.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room there, great location!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
It is so rewarding to hear such wonderful compliments about our staff. They are the heart of the hotel. It will give me pleasure to share this review. We look forward to having you back...soon we hope!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Intercontinental Hotel Milwaukee remains my favorite Milwaukee area hotel. The rooms are swank, awesome bed, the lobby bar clear is fantastic bartenders atmosphere (server Cece just plain rocks on so many levels), and the restaurant Kil@Wat features the world's best oatmeal for breakfast (regardless of whether or not you actually like oatmeal!).
But again, it's the people that make it over the top "delighting your customers" through their genuine attitudes and customer service.

Amanda at the front desk when I checked in was very accomodating, professional, friendly and helpful. She also had made my reservation and took the time to look up some information on area parking, NOT at my direct request, but on her own accord of assessing the situation, and probably saved my vehicle from being towed! She is fantastic! Love her!

When I checked out in the morning, I found Erica to be efficient and kind.

Great job (as always) Intercontinental!

Room Tip: go for the junior suite or whatever they call it
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
How delightful to come in today and to read this review. I totally agree...customer service is paramount to our success. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am anxious to share this not only with Cece and Amanda but with all employees. We look forward to having you back.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a long weekend for a wedding, which was held at the MAC. It was within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and bars. Although you don't really need to leave the hotel. We ate at the hotel for a lunch and brunch. The meals were large, beautifully presented, super yummy, reasonably priced ($7-15), and the service was amazing. Lucas was our server both times. I would have given it a 5 across the board, but the bathroom, although clean seemed slightly outdated compared to other places we have visited.

• Stayed January 2012
I am delighted you found our restaurant to your liking. I will make sure Lucas gets kudos and share this review. We take all reviews to heart and are continually working towards updating all areas of the hotel. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!