“Perfect Downtown Milwaukee Hub” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Perfect Downtown Milwaukee Hub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed at the InterContinental Milwaukee for a friend's birthday. We could see an ice skating rink and park of the skyline from our room; once we were parked in the hotel's ramp there was no reason to have to drive anywhere since restaurants, bars and shopping were all around us. I just wish I brought my ice skates. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the associates were very friendly. The heated sidewalk outside the front entrance was also a big hit! Lucille's is a must see dueling piano bar in the downtown area!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted to know we were able to be a part of what sounds like a fabulous birthday. We hope you will return the next time you are in town.

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed at the InterContinental Hotel in our hometown, Milwaukee WI. for our wedding anniversary, on December 2, 2011. Normally, we aren't to excited about staying in a hotel thats only 20 minutes from our home, but it was a special occasion so we opted to. First off, not only was Lee the most polite, and kindess concierge we have ever met, the entire staff at the InterContinental made our overnight stay very memorable. At check in, hearing that it was our wedding anniversary, we were greated warmly by the desk staff, and surprised with 2 drink coupons to celebrate our event. We dined at the in house restaurant bar, KiloWatt for dinner. We were very happy with our meal, and we headed out for a play we planned to see. While we waited for the valet, Lee Semke, hearing that it was our anniversary, surprised us with complimentary tickets to see "The Christmas Carol," which was playing right next door, so we didn't even have to leave the hotel. When we returned to our room, we were delighted to find a bottle of chilled Champagne waiting for us. As we said, we normally would've shunned staying at a hotel so close to home, but due entirely to the great staff at the InterContinental Milwaukee, we are already planning our next stay! Lee Semke ROCKS! I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor over any other downtown hotels.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room there, great location!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
It is so rewarding to hear such wonderful compliments about our staff. They are the heart of the hotel. It will give me pleasure to share this review. We look forward to having you back...soon we hope!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Intercontinental Hotel Milwaukee remains my favorite Milwaukee area hotel. The rooms are swank, awesome bed, the lobby bar clear is fantastic bartenders atmosphere (server Cece just plain rocks on so many levels), and the restaurant Kil@Wat features the world's best oatmeal for breakfast (regardless of whether or not you actually like oatmeal!).
But again, it's the people that make it over the top "delighting your customers" through their genuine attitudes and customer service.

Amanda at the front desk when I checked in was very accomodating, professional, friendly and helpful. She also had made my reservation and took the time to look up some information on area parking, NOT at my direct request, but on her own accord of assessing the situation, and probably saved my vehicle from being towed! She is fantastic! Love her!

When I checked out in the morning, I found Erica to be efficient and kind.

Great job (as always) Intercontinental!

Room Tip: go for the junior suite or whatever they call it
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
How delightful to come in today and to read this review. I totally agree...customer service is paramount to our success. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am anxious to share this not only with Cece and Amanda but with all employees. We look forward to having you back.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a long weekend for a wedding, which was held at the MAC. It was within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and bars. Although you don't really need to leave the hotel. We ate at the hotel for a lunch and brunch. The meals were large, beautifully presented, super yummy, reasonably priced ($7-15), and the service was amazing. Lucas was our server both times. I would have given it a 5 across the board, but the bathroom, although clean seemed slightly outdated compared to other places we have visited.

• Stayed January 2012
I am delighted you found our restaurant to your liking. I will make sure Lucas gets kudos and share this review. We take all reviews to heart and are continually working towards updating all areas of the hotel. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed here to go to the theater downtown Milwaukee - great rooms - overall service and atmosphere very nice. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
How fun to take advantage of Milwaukee's theater. I am so happy you chose us as your hotel to complete your evening. We look forward to having you again.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We checked in to the Intercontinental Hotel on Friday 1-6-12 for a two night stay. The purpose of our visit was to attend the wedding of our son. From the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out of the hotel, the service was great. We were upgraded to a fantastic king superior suite with a beautiful view of the city. The beds and linens were comfortable and inviting. I usually have difficulty getting a hotel room cool enough to get a good night sleep. We did not have that problem, I could snuggle under that lovely duvet and slept well. We used room service and the hotel restaurant, Kilawat, for breakfasts and the food was presented well and was prepared nicely. I would highly recommend the California Eggs Benedict!!! I would like to especially thank Will, the bell captain, for his kindness and consideration. And Jay, who was the front desk staff, was helpful, friendly and personable. We had many other family members staying at the same hotel the same weekend and everyone remarked on the good quality of the hotel. We will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Congratulations on your son's wedding. It gives me great pleasure to read this review to my associates. It is comments like yours that help me reinforce the importance of customer service. Both Will and Jay will be given special recognition along with the staff in general. I am delighted you enjoyed Kilawat; our Chef is so special. We look forward to serving you again. Be sure to call ahead if you can think of anything we can do to make it equally as successful of a stay.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

Wow I've been to a lot of Intercontinental hotels and this one is by far the worst!
When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice of the staff to do. When we got to our suite we noticed everything was very very outdated and the room was still dirty. The walls were covered with black marks and there were pieces of wall missing from the edges. Also there was a lot of rust in the fridge and the sink in the bar area. The lobby was amazing and modern so we thought the rooms would be the same but boy were we wrong! The staff was great when we said we wanted to check into another hotel, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011
jennifertucker, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I apologize for any shortcoming that you experienced. Please be assured we will take your comments seriously and look to rectify these issues. We take pride in our facilities but realize there are always areas for improvement.

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!