“Nice hotel for weekend of fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Milwaukee to your Saves list
InterContinental Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   139 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Formerly Wyndham Milwaukee Center) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice hotel for weekend of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great at at resonable price. Love the free jelly beans at the reception, nice lobby bar with live music. If you are a runner, make sure to go running by the lake. Close to everything downtown, Starbucks across the street. Expensive parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
You are absolutely right. If you are a runner and you enjoy the beauty of nature a jog along the lake cannot be beat. The activity along the lake, especially on a nice summer day, really provides a great atmosphere to enjoy the outdoors and it’s just blocks away from the hotel. Keep us in mind when you return to Milwaukee. -Steve

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Nice folks, Ericka at front desk cared about our visit and made checking in out very pleasant.

Thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Lenox, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I first want to say that I can see why most reviews on this hotel are great, we must have had bad luck this weekend. We decided upon this hotel based on these previous reviews and were celebrating our 20th anniversary. We were really looking forward to a nice getaway for this occasion. We have stayed at nice hotels in downtown Chicago on numerous occasions, but decided to try out Milwaukee because of it's affordability. Very clean and staff was friendly, especially the young man who checked us in. We liked the Clear bar very much and enjoyed the talented singing by the young lady there that night, not to mention the half priced martinis Friday evenings! Our first evening was wonderful!
Second evening was a different story. We went out for the day and were tired and hot from outdoor activities and were looking forward to a nice shower, problem was we couldn't get into our room. The staff that was on the floor a few doors down (luckily) was very nice and helpful and quickly went downstairs to replace both of our keys.(how could they both manage to get demagnatized?) We get in our room and I don't realize until I am in the shower that our washclothes were not refreshed, but the originals were gone too..... ugh! The worst part of that evening came at 2:00 am when the guests from what we guessed were from the wedding booked this weekend came in! I swear there must have been 30 people carrrying on, shouting and laughing in our hallway oblivious to the fact that they weren't the only ones staying there! This went on for what seemed way too long (45 min?) and carried over into the room next to us, the walls are very very thin... We were about to call the desk after we had given up on falling back asleep, but then heard what sounded like some security come up to settle things down (finally, sheesh!) Nevertheless, very tired today, not refreshed at all... We mentioned this issues very tactfully when checking out, the lady gave us what sounded like an empty apology. Bottom line is you pay extra to stay somewhere nice to avoid some of these hassles. Came home to find out a "pre authorized" charge of 50 bucks on our credit card in case the hotel needed to recoup any unexpected expenses on our part? Was told to check back in 48 hrs if it's not removed from our credit card. Seriously?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed summery of your experience both the good and the bad. It is incredibly unfortunate when people conduct themselves selfishly and have no regard for their surroundings or the other people in it. I apologize that you were exposed to that particular party and would like you to know that they were asked to leave and as you may have heard they did not want to go quietly. I can assure you it is the exception and not the rule for us to miss on some of the other details you mentioned, and I have already been in contact with the individual and/or the department heads to remedy these inconsistencies. I would genuinely like to apologize for the, “empty apology” you received upon your departure. I feel you left with an impression that is not typical of a true InterContinental experience and I really hope this doesn’t sour your impression of our hotel. We would love to have you back. -Steve
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

The Intercontinental Milwaukee is our hotel of choice every time we head to Milwaukee. It's clean, contemporary and comfortable. "J" was very helpful upon check-in and all through the stay. He was so available, I wondered if he ever took a break :)

We stay here for our anniversaries every year we're in town, and the staff usually sneaks some chocolate-covered strawberries into the room before we check in. Nice touch!

Kilawat is the AMAZING restaurant there at the hotel, and we really love the chocolate bar just off the lobby on the weekends. It's an all-around great place to be!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Well happy anniversary! We’re glad we could help in making it just that much more special. We love having you year after year and we are looking forward to next year. -Steve
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My colleagues and I were greeted with such welcome and warmth, I wondered to myself why I haven't been to Milwaukee yet. I love the bowls of Jelly Belly, chocolate chip cookies, and hot coffee at the check-in desk, but those were not the best features of my experience. I wish there's a J at every hotel! J is an exuberant individual who surpassed all other hotel associates I've ever come across. One of my colleagues was under the weather and in desperate need of some chicken noodle soup. J called the hotel restaurant to make sure that my colleague would get what he desired. They cooked up a batch just for him! His warm, friendly personality started our stay off to a great start. The hotel is very nice, but you can tell that it's aged a bit. The entire staff is very personable and ready to take care of you. I look forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
I know that each and every member of our staff genuinely cares for all of our guests, and we are glad to see that J left such a lasting impression. We love to go above and beyond for all especially those in need. We look forward to your next visit. -Steve
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This is my second time staying here. The location can't be beat; it's 5 minutes off of I-94, is within 10 minute walking distance of tons of restaurants, the Bradley Center, the Frontier Airlines center and the Summerfest grounds.

I was upgraded to a king superior room on the 9th floor, which was right on the corner of Kilbourn and Water. I spent a good deal of time in the room one afternoon and only heard sirens once or twice. I heard no other outside noise, which I appreciated. The room was huge, clean and had a comfortable bed. Views of a park and city hall were outstanding.

The hotel has a large , complimentary fitness center, but no pool. I believe you may be able to pay for access to a nearby pool if desired. Restaurant was good for breakfast.

It is a downtown hotel (did I mention great location?), so expect to pay for parking. It is a reasonable $25/night with unlimited in/out privileges. This is about 1/2 of what you pay in downtown Chicago for overnight parking.

Stay here- it's a good, quiet choice located in the center of everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to share this great information with others. Next time in Milwaukee don’t forget our great location and feel free to stop by. -Steve
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I was in town for my bachelorette party with several friends. J. was absolutely fantastic!!! He was funny and friendly. From the phone call we made trying to find the hotel to the check out, he was great and will be a part of our stories from the weekend!

Room Tip: What a great time!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Well congratulations on the upcoming marriage. I’m sure if J was involved you are going to have some great stories to tell. He has a knack for finding fun things to do and his personality makes him a joy to talk to. Maybe you and the new hubby can stop back for the anniversary and J can provide some more memories. Best wishes and come back anytime. -Steve

Been to InterContinental Milwaukee? Share your experiences!