“Sexy, smart, friendly...outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
St. Louis
“Sexy, smart, friendly...outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Spent 4 days. One of the best experiences. Great staff. Rooms are very cool, glass shower, nice lighting, great bed, very quiet. A sexy ambience...in a smart, classy way. Outside patio was great, met people and made some nice friends. The owner really did everything right from design to food (excellent!) and especially the staff.

Last point, all the clientele was cool too. All adult, mix of cool bikers, couples, singles out in a group. It lacked the obnoxious, or lonely, or sleazy. The place is cool and seemed to attract that kind if crowd.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Thanks to my travel-savvy co-worker, I had the pleasure of getting introduced to The Iron Horse while on my last business trip to Milwaukee. If you want a nice place to stay with great service and a hip vibe, this is it.

If you're in town to check out the Harley scene, the hotel is across the river from the Harley Museum which I didn't get to check out because I was working, but I've heard it's fantastic too.

I normally can't sleep well on the road, but I slept like a rock at The Iron Horse which I give credit to the comfy bed and pillows.

The rooms are well-appointed...big flat screen TV, nice work area with the outlets up high so I didn't have to get on hands and knees to plug in my phone and laptop charger. Huge shower, fluffy robes.

If you stay, I'd also recommend that you have dinner at Smyth, the restaurant. Tasty and excellent service!

I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip to Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Incredible place, someone put a lot of thought into designing and ammentities...We can't say enough about it...Food was excellent...the room was amazing, loved the shower in the king suites...The staff at the Iron Horse were top notch, they made sure we were well taken care of and very friendly...highly recommended...easy access to Miller Park and many other places of interest...already planning our next getaway at The Iron Horse...

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

The Iron Horse is wonderful! I am not a motorcycle enthusiast.-- and the motorcycle theme has potential to be cheesy, but this hotel was so elegantly designed, very comfortable, contemporary and sophisticated. It has the perfect vintage Americana feel for Milwaukee and is a wonderful addition to the city. A friend and I drove up from Chicago for the Brewers v. Dodgers game on a friday night. The staff was super professional and welcoming. The room was lovely and quiet. The food in the hotel restaurants was hearty, delicious and well priced. The hotel is so close to Miller Park, shopping, museums, the 3rd ward. The valets were happy to stop and give us directions and recommend what to see. We planned to stay only one night, but we were having so much fun we stayed 2! On Sunday morning Manager, Chad, saw me wearing a Dodgers jersey and handed us 2 free tickets to that day's game! Wonderful! I have visited other hotels in the city, this is the best place to stay in Milwaukee. Go Dodgers!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

My partner & I were bowled over by this place from start to finish. The decor was modern and elegent without feeling fragile or fussy like modern interiors sometimes can. The room and finishings were wonderful, and the staff helpful and courteous. Had fun prowling around downstairs.

Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

A fantastic 'biker' hotel-free parking for bikes-with security!!-every need attended to professionally, with friendly, knowledgeable service. Louis and his staff went way beyond in making sure our group of 16 Canadian bikers was looked after in every way-the staff is great -helpful with every touristy question- even the hotel tour is worth it!! We all want to return and stay for longer-this is what a hotel should be like from attention to decor and needs of clients -lovely rooms -to great food and variety of venues - well done!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois - USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

1) great staff --I was very impressed with two individuals Interacted with when I had an issue with noise ---they did everything they could to solve the problem without making me feel as if I was imposing on them.... "we want to enjoy your stay and we realize that noise can be an issue for some guests... we will move you to another room and you can let us know if you think it will work for you. The other room worked; problem solved.
2) Clean.
3) Nice design - personally it was not my preferred type of design but it was very nicely done - the bathrooms are probably the highlight of the room.
4) Convenient area if you have a car (or motorcycle) -- not a great area if you plan on walking. It is in a warehouse district that is a very short ride to downtown (about 5 mintues) - for those who like to walk, you could walk to downtown and it is in walking distance to the restaurants in the Third Ward --- but even though it is safe to walk in the area, it is not a pedestrian filled area and may feel a little desolate especially at night. Valet parking was $20/day but we found easy parking about a block away.
5) In the cold months (that's about 9 months out of the year in Milwaukee) sound should not be an issue-- but the first night we were on the south side of the building and we heard the cars and motorcycles coming and going all night.... i woke up to a motorcyclist revving their engine at about 3:00 am. The West side of the building could also be loud in the summer because of the popular outdoor bar.. if you are sound sensitive like me, this is something that you really need to be aware of . There is a train track close to the North side of the building but the trains go by infrequently, so I don't think that would be an issue.
6) Very attractive alternative to the other hotels in Milwaukee which are mostly Chains.
7) If you are a into Harleys or motorcycles in general, you are likely to enjoy the hotel even more since it has a motorcycle theme and you will be likely to meet up with others who are into Harleys.
8) Would I stay here again? Definitely... but I would be very careful to make sure I got a quiet room on the North or East side if staying there in the summer. If you are not sound sensitive, that should not be an issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!