1) great staff --I was very impressed with two individuals Interacted with when I had an issue with noise ---they did everything they could to solve the problem without making me feel as if I was imposing on them.... "we want to enjoy your stay and we realize that noise can be an issue for some guests... we will move you to another room and you can let us know if you think it will work for you. The other room worked; problem solved.
3) Nice design - personally it was not my preferred type of design but it was very nicely done - the bathrooms are probably the highlight of the room.
4) Convenient area if you have a car (or motorcycle) -- not a great area if you plan on walking. It is in a warehouse district that is a very short ride to downtown (about 5 mintues) - for those who like to walk, you could walk to downtown and it is in walking distance to the restaurants in the Third Ward --- but even though it is safe to walk in the area, it is not a pedestrian filled area and may feel a little desolate especially at night. Valet parking was $20/day but we found easy parking about a block away.
5) In the cold months (that's about 9 months out of the year in Milwaukee) sound should not be an issue-- but the first night we were on the south side of the building and we heard the cars and motorcycles coming and going all night.... i woke up to a motorcyclist revving their engine at about 3:00 am. The West side of the building could also be loud in the summer because of the popular outdoor bar.. if you are sound sensitive like me, this is something that you really need to be aware of . There is a train track close to the North side of the building but the trains go by infrequently, so I don't think that would be an issue.
6) Very attractive alternative to the other hotels in Milwaukee which are mostly Chains.
7) If you are a into Harleys or motorcycles in general, you are likely to enjoy the hotel even more since it has a motorcycle theme and you will be likely to meet up with others who are into Harleys.
8) Would I stay here again? Definitely... but I would be very careful to make sure I got a quiet room on the North or East side if staying there in the summer. If you are not sound sensitive, that should not be an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iron Horse Hotel is Milwaukee's most chic and sophisticated property - the transformation of a 100-year-old downtown warehouse into a modern luxury boutique hotel. As the industry's first upscale hotel geared for business travelers and motorcycle enthusiasts alike, The Iron Horse Hotel meets the distinct needs of both corporate and leisure guests with its special services, unparalleled amenities and 100 loft-style guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Iron Horse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Iron Horse
- Iron Horse Milwaukee