“We will be BACK!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“We will be BACK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed in 2012 and are coming back in 2 weeks, can't wait! This hotel is the most unique place I have ever stayed, it's sexy, modern, eclectic, posh and rugged all in one. We rode our Harley and loved parking it with all the others there. Usually we only experience that at a HD store or event. We are at Smyth and it was awesome... The server was a perfect match for the restaurant, PERFECT. We were greeted with a drink as we checked in and the service perfect from there on out. We had a corner room, awesome view and the decor was Hott, so was the shower, loved the shower.... The patio, was so much fun, easy to meet people and the servers were really enjoying themselves while they were working hard, which was nice to see. 2 weeks from now can't come soon enough.

Room Tip: What you can afford, get the best although I'm sure they are all excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear skstorlid-

Welcome back!! I will share your comments with our team and we will be looking forward to your return. Let me know if you would like any assistance with a Smyth reservation as I would be happy to get one set up for you. Travel safe and we will be waiting for you!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Firstly, what accommodating management. My husband and I had to wait maybe 5 minutes (though it was late) and the management was so nice and willing to offer a free breakfast and a cocktail because there had been an issue with the room. This started the stay off so well and they continued to be very, very friendly. We are east-coast people so maybe we are too conditioned to rude behavior and unapologetic staff but if this was just normal protocol we are still so impressed. We would 100% stay again. Atmosphere is very chic and super fun. The food at the restaurants within was pretty great and also very accommodating. The only odd thing (which was probably a mistake) was that the house cleaning service threw out our bar soap at the sink and didn't replace it. We just used the additional soap in a shower. If that is the worse thing that happened on your stay I would say it is pretty excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and overlooked the "Backyard" and seasonal outdoor bar and rest...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
1 Thank MrsOneill426
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear MrsOneill426-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very proud to see that you had a great time and enjoyed our fun and chic atmosphere. We hope that we will see you again very soon and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was my fifth visit to Iron Horse. As always, the staff was exceptional, the hotel is perfectly maintained, and the experience was great. This hotel is not only the best in Milwaukee but one of the best in the United States. If you are looking for a luxurious but non-pretentious and "cool" hotel, look no further than Iron Horse. The rooms are large and comfortable, bathrooms are modern and clean (and use excellent bath products) and the Branded bar should not be missed. I happen to stay over a Thursday night, which is "bike" night, because of the affiliation to the nearby Harley Davidson museum, and that provided some unexpected entertainment during an otherwise event free business trip to Milwaukee. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great experience in the region.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed in has been great. If you have a preference (corner, view, etc) be sure t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scnc96
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear scnc96-

Thank you for your kind words and high praise for The Iron Horse Hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and your loyalty. I will make sure to share you experience with our team as it is our goal to exceed all expectations. I always like to share when their hard work is noticed. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can help with in the future.

Until next time,

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went with some friends to summer fest at the end of June. We went to see Outkast and the concert was awesome. Word on the street is that they were staying there too! We booked the Iron Horse on hotwire and can I say we scored a great deal. This place is so cool and chic. The room was nice and clean. It had a cool frosted block wall to the shower. We had a king room and it had enough space. Our room had a leak from the AC and they fixed it right away. They also told us if we had anymore problems that they would just move us to another room. I recommend that you stay here. Not sure if I would pay full price sine it's on hotwire. Great location. We walked to 3rd War went to Hudson's and Wicked Hop. Overall, it was great and we would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jontiff
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear jontiff-

Welcome to Milwaukee and I hope you had a great Summerfest. I am proud to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will be looking forward to your next visit and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in the future.

Cheers!

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Happened upon this hotel by accident, but I sure was happy I did. A modern hotel with all amenities, but it's done up in a really cool style. The staff were very helpful and made all efforts to make my stay a good one. The hotel is only a quick walk away from the historic Third Ward and the Harley Davidson Museum as well.

A cool surprise was the live band playing on the patio on Sunday afternoon.
Highly recommend choosing this hotel if you're going to Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank RoadtripFan80
Deear ErikH80Norway-

We are very glad that you found us as well! Thank you for staying with us and for taking some time to enjoy the property, including the "Sunday Sounds" on the patio. I will make sure to share your review with our team and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Cheers!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights for a weekend with my wife, and we loved this place. Highly recommended. The details...

THE GOOD...
--Rooms are unique - look like condo/loft spaces with exposed brick and high end fixtures. Clean, stylish, very well appointed.
--Beds were comfortable, as were couches and chairs for hanging out.
--Bathrooms are big, very nice and stylish, though they maybe got too cute with the shower (more on that later)
--Despite being right next to a freight rail line and a major road, the noise level was very minimal. They clearly did solid work sound-proofing the units.
--Common spaces are really cool, with plenty of spots to lounge, including a library room that is nice and cozy.
--Multiple bar/lounge areas, including a nice outdoor patio space with some shade.
--Staff were very friendly and helpful, with excellent knowledge of the area.
--Location is good, being a short walk from many of the restaurants in the 3rd ward, and just over the bridge from downtown. Location is maybe not as ideal as some truly downtown spots, but as long as you are OK with a little walking, it offers a nice in-between spot from various key spots.
--Not sure about airport access, but if you take the train into town (Amtrak), it is a fairly short walk (maybe 2/3 of a mile) from the station, or a very short cab ride.
--The hotel does have a house car you can sometimes make use of for short trips, but it is sometimes unavailable.
--The restaurant in the hotel has some solid food choices and was good quality.

THE BAD...
--I usually try to find at least something less than ideal, and honestly only have one very small thing. The showers are modern and have the cool factor, with a rain shower head in the ceiling and a hand-held sprayer. But they really should have also included a normal shower head. The hand unit, when in it's holder, is at about belly or chest height. So if you don't like rain showers (which I don't), you kind of have to do some funky maneuvering to wash your hair.

VALUE...
--The price points are somewhat high for Milwaukee, but not exorbitant, and this hotel earns every penny of it.

The one bad thing is really very small, and for many people probably won't be an issue at all. I really can't say enough positive things, the place was just great and one of my favorite hotels from recent years of stays all over the country.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms are open to the 1st floor common area, and if there is a party going on, you can...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Migizi
Dear Migizi-

Thank you very much for the detailed review. It is always great to receive feedback from our guest and from your profile I can see that you are an experienced traveler. I am very proud to see that the hotel and stall were able to meet your expectations and provide a memorable experience for you. We hope that you find time to visit us again very soon.

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Didn't expect to find such a great hotel in a city with, frankly, limited good hotel options but this hotel was fantastic by any standards! Funky without being too cool, super friendly staff, great sized rooms... and even the provision of ear plugs for the nearby locomotive track (which I didn't need or use but appreciated the thought!) Their in-house restaurant is excellent and there's a great patio area for chilling out with a drink or two... Highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Milwaukee.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear L D-

Thank you for the "great" review and for the recommendation. I think you did a great job of summing up the look and feel of our hotel. I am glad that we measured up well to your standards. Please stop and see us again and if there is ever anything I can do to assist with future reservations please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,