“My New Favorite Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“My New Favorite Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I took my husband here for one night to celebrate his birthday, and we both wished we could have stayed for an additional night. Everything was perfect - the decor in the rooms, the comfort of the rooms, the special touches just for motorcycle riders, Smyth Restaurant where we ate a very delicious dinner, The Yard where we enjoyed sitting outside, having a few cocktails and making new friends, the motorcycle parking and bike wash station, the friendliness of the staff, and most importantly, the customer service! It was top notch all the way!! We have stayed many places, from the cheapest to the most expensive, and we both agree this is the best place we ever stayed!

Cannot wait to find a reason to go back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear DLilah-

I am glad that you found that the Iron Horse was a perfect way to celebrate your Husband's Birthday. It sounds like you got to experience much of what the hotel has to offer and I am very proud to see that you enjoyed your experience. I will make sure to share your kind words with our team. We will be looking forward to a future visit to Milwaukee and this time we too will be hoping you can stay for two nights.

Until Next Time,

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Iron Horse isn't just "a great hotel for Milwaukee", it's just a great hotel. The location puts you within easy distance of the Third Ward and Walker's Point with all of their fabulous bar and restaurant options, but you don't need to leave the hotel for that if you'd rather stay in. The lobby bar offers a great atmosphere and fantastic drinks.

The decor perfect for the Harley theme of the hotel, but have no fear if you aren't arriving on two wheels, it's certainly not any kind of requirement. The place is clean and has been maintained so it feels as new as when it opened. If you're staying in Milwaukee, this would be my top hotel pick, hands down.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Matt S-

Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very proud to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to see that you feel that our hotel would fit in anywhere as we strive to provide intuitive service that meets each guest individual expectations. That type of service is what allows our hotel to play host to Harley lovers, corporate travelers, or vacationers alike. We hope that you visit us again and please let me know if there is ever anything we can do to assist with a future reservation.

Safe Travels,

Sussex, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My daughter and I attended the Cher concert and stayed at The Iron Horse. Wonderful rooms, VERY clean and located in a very "hip" old neighborhood. Staff are courteous and seem to really care that you booked their hotel. The hotel itself is a real trip. A beautiful mix of historic and chic modern. I know I'm really dating myself but (if I'm not mistaken) I remember approx 50 yrs ago the building was a bed factory. WOW times have changed!!!! The staff is top notch and the guests are an interesting mix of people. You will NOT be disappointed in your stay at The Iron Horse!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Sandra S-

How was the concert? I have heard some good things from other guests who attended. Thank you for staying and sharing your story with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed our "chic modern" look. I agree with you that we do see a variety of guests in our hotel. I feel it is because our building and staff lead to many different travelers feeling comfortable here. I am proud to see that you enjoyed your time here as well. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to assist.

Thank you again!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Iron Horse. We have lived in or near Milwaukee for many years and so don't often stay in hotels in the city but wanted to visit for this special occasion. The hotel surpassed my expectations in just about every way. We received a nice room upgrade for our anniversary and enjoyed great city views from the fifth floor. The bathroom was fabulous. Fantastic shower. We loved the decor - all the exposed brick, the furniture, everything. We enjoyed some drinks in The Yard and a wonderful dinner at Smyth and will definitely be back...maybe for my 50th birthday this summer. Thank you, Iron Horse, for a memorable celebration.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear MrsTibs-

Happy 25th Anniversary Milwaukee Friends! Thank you for choosing the Iron Horse Hotel for your special staycation celebration. I am very proud to see that you had a positive experience with us. I am also glad that you took the time to experience both the Yard and Smyth. Hopefully we become one of your favorite places for dinner or a causal hang out here in Milwaukee.

Cheers!

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have stayed at the Iron Horse several times and each one is better than the last!!
This time was for our 1 year wedding anniversary.
Any season...Always a great stay.
Staff is outstanding!!! Rooms are great!!
We love Milwaukee and we really love the Iron Horse!
M&M

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear mde4074-

Happy 1st Anniversary. Very exciting. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to the Iron Horse Hotel. I will make sure to share your kind review with our "Outstanding" team. We will all be looking forward to many upcoming visits. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist.

Safe Travels,

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Outstanding hotel!!! My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here. We both enjoyed a fantastic mid-week stay, which was a surprise for my wife. I treated us both to massages, which were incredible! One very minor glitch -- when we checked in, the room temperature was in excess of 100 degrees, due to a malfunctioning thermostat. When I called the front desk, they sent an engineer within 10 minutes, and still offered me a deep discount, which was not expected or accepted. When I checked out, they had removed the charge for our room-service breakfast. I live in Milwaukee, and often enjoy lunch or cocktails at the Iron Horse. I cannot recommend it any higher!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear FallsWarrior-

Happy Anniversary! We are very glad that you choose to spend your special day with us at the Iron Horse Hotel. I apologize for the room temperature issue however I am proud to see that our staff was able to take care of you. I always love to hear from Milwaukee locals. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Until Next Time,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I travel a lot for work and see a lot of hotels and often they all start to look the same. Nice this gem, it is an old warehouse that has been renovated and is such a cool hip place to stay. Sorry not much motivates me to travel to this city but I would come back to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel!

Room Tip: Try Hotels Tonight for a great rate