“Top Hotel in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Top Hotel in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nothing in Milwaukee compares to this hotel. Huge rooms, waterfall showers, great bar and restaurant, comfortable beds. It is near a set of train-tracks yet it's not loud and obnoxious. It's just far enough away that it is almost a soothing sound. If you've got a night in Milwaukee, STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear ScottFred84-

Thank you for your feedback and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed your Iron Horse Hotel experience. Although all of our rooms are a bit different in their own way, I think you touched on the key amenities of our rooms. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed them. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again during your next visit to Milwaukee.

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Iron Horse is such a cool hotel. So glad we picked it for our Milwaukee stay. The lobby and bar is decorated fabulously! We may have to think of another reason to go back to Milwaukee so we can stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben R, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mark S-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you had a great visit. I would like to also thank you for sharing that cool picture of the lobby. I enjoy seeing guest pictures of their IHH experience. I hope that more of our reviewers choose to do the same in the future. There are lots of reasons to return to Milwaukee, once you find the one that works best for you please let us know and we will be very glad to have you as our guest again!

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I use to live in Milwaukee and I have stayed at many downtown hotels - nothing compares to the Iron Horse.

We stayed in King loft room (6th floor). Bed was great. Shower was great. View was great. Wet bar was great.

Valet parking is nice.

Bar and lobby is great place to wind down the night. Top shelf bourbon available and late night food - awesome cheese curds.

Will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bryanuww-

Thank you for being our guests at the IHH hotel and welcome back to Milwaukee. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you are sharing your experience with us. The 6th floor rooms do provide a great view of the city. During your next visit to Milwaukee we hope to see you again!!

Have a Great New Year!!

Downers Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Since I stayed at the Iron Horse I can't stop talking about it and telling everyone to get to Milwaukee and make sure they stay at the Iron Horse. If I lived in Milwaukee I would visit the gorgeous bar just to hang out in their homey atmosphere and feel the pampering love of their staff; and to people (and dog) watch! The overall feeling I carried with me during my stay has become one of the 'happy places' that I envision when I want to bring myself to a relaxed state. I picture myself in the lobby with the delicious hand crafted cocktail I was given upon check in, curled up in a chair with a book. I can't wait to return and bring my husband and son with me. I've never gushed about a hotel so much - ever! The staff is perfect; attentive without being fawning, friendly, and ready to do whatever needs to be done. The Iron Horse teams knows how to do it right and how to have fun at the same time.

Room Tip: I loved my room, gorgeously appointed, sound proof, super high ceilings, delightful. Rustic and cozy...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear DownersGroveMaryB-

I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations for your trip to Milwaukee. Thank you for being a positive ambassador for our hotel as well by sharing your story. I am glad you were able to spend some time in the lobby which is one of my personal favorite spots in the hotel. At the IHH it is our goal to service to visitors and locals alike and I agree with you that our bar and lobby are a great places for Milwaukee natives to spend some time. Thank you for visiting our hotel and we hope to see you, and the rest of your family, again very soon.

Happy New Year,

Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We love the Iron Horse Hotel. Great ambiance, great food, great service. We booked three rooms and each was slightly different, all were very nice. It's a lovely hotel with good location and amenities. Sunday brunch was excellent.
A great place to stay!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jan B-

Thank you for your feedback about your visit to the IHH. I am proud to see that our team was able to provide you a positive experience. We hope to have you as a guest again very soon, and if there is ever anything I can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Iron Horse for our anniversary. We have been to the bar and restaurant many times, as we live in Milwaukee, but we had never stayed there before. I love the look and feel of the place, so I was excited to get to spend the night there.

The room was gorgeous, the staff was friendly, and it was the best anniversary ever :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean B-

Happy Anniversary!! Thank you for choosing to visit the IHH for your celebration. Also, I would like to thank you for being such a loyal visitor to our bar and restaurant. We work hard to be ambassadors for city of Milwaukee and we hope that our hotel is enjoyed by the people living here. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Iron Horse Hotel exudes excellence and quality in every way!!! How does this happen? Excellence in leadership with a value on employees produces quality in service and a focus on customers as a priority! The Iron Horse leadership and focus on PEOPLE makes it happen!

Room Tip: Every room is excellent! Corner kings are perfect, VERY CLEAN, and even the train is not disturbing...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear VizalaLover10-

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about the Iron Horse Hotel. I am very proud and blessed to work with a lot of passionate people here and everyone is committed to providing a memorable guest experience. I am glad to hear that our dedication is apparent to our guests. It is really our pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope that we will see you again during your next visit to Milwaukee.

Happy New Year-

brisseeuw@theironhorsehotel.com

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!