“Iron Clad Hospitality!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Toronto, Canada
“Iron Clad Hospitality!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Iron Horse recently and was overwhelmed with the incredible service and attention to detail. The staff was friendly, professional and very attentive - this wasn't easy because I know I was not the most important person in the hotel at the time - but I certainly never felt that way. The rooms were impeccably clean and refreshed. Add to that the unique design and architecture and this experience was over the top. The front desk was always happy to help however they could. It was a fantastic experience that left me wanting more and anticipating my next trip. All staff are completely in-tune through the head sets, if I called a cab, it was clear outside who I was. The restaurant was fabulous with a wonderful selection of food and drink and of course service. Great job - I will definitely be back and tell everyone I know!

Room Tip: All rooms are incredible - wait till you see the showers! Best beds ever!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jason C, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
We work very hard to make every guest's experience an incredible one, so thank you for recognizing that and writing this review. And I agree, the showers are really cool!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
NAshville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently had an issue with a charge to my credit card. My wife and I contacted the Iron Horse to discuss the issue on three separate occasions. The Iron Horse did not provide even the courtesy of a return phone call to discuss the issue.

In April 2013, I booked a room on-line for an August 2013 visit. I learned in late July 2013 when I called to re-confirm that I made a mistake and the reservation was erroneously made for a room on the day the booking occurred. My credit card was charged $250. I contacted the hotel to discuss the situation. I was not anticipating or necessarily looking for a full refund. But when I made contact I was expecting to find a polite and understanding hotel employee willing to discuss an equitable way to apply the amount charged to my credit card.

The first person I spoke with was an employee named Mark. He was extremely rude and arrogant. Mark had no interest in understanding the situation. He quickly let me know he thought I was an idiot and basically told me I should have been more careful when booking the room in April. Of course, he was absolutely correct but my carelessness was no excuse for his rudeness or his apparent need to rub my mistake in my face

I then went to Trip Advisor to recount my negative experience with Mark. I noticed at the website that a Mr. Valvano responded to every issue raised on Trip Advisor and seemed genuinely concerned about customer service and making certain that guests enjoyed their stay at the Iron Horse. My wife contacted Mr. Valvano to discuss the issue since he seemed to be the one assigned to resolving customer concerns.

My wife called for Mr. Valvano and spoke with Ashley(?), a female employee who worked with Mr. Valvano. Ashley was very polite, professional and encouraging and led us to believe we would find an equitable way to apply the amount charged to my credit card. She promised that Mr. Valvano would return the call to discuss the situation. Mr. Valvano never called.

After approximately a week, my wife called for Mr. Valvano again and left two more messages asking for a return call. These phone calls were made in July 2013 and Mr. Valvano has never returned the call.

If the Iron Horse truly cared about customer service, management would speak with a guest about an issue rather than simply posting platitudes on Trip Advisor after the fact in an apparent, but misleading effort, to convince others that the Iron Horse cares about customer service.

We have stayed at the Iron Horse previously and have referred our friends to the hotel. We will no longer stay at the Iron Horse of refer friends due to the hotel’s deceptive approach on Trip Advisor and their lack of customer service. In August, we stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Milwaukee and experienced wonderful customer service. On top of that, it is in a much better location. Needless to say, we will return to the Intercontinental.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jason C, Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with The Iron Horse. I am sorry to hear and regret that we did not handle this appropriately on the many chances we had to correct this issue. It is our true desire to have every guest experience our commitment to service before, during, and after their stay with us.

We have internally taken note of this issue and I want you to know we have begun making some changes to see that this never happens again. We truly would like the opportunity to win you back as a loyal guest of The Iron Horse. Please contact me at jcotton@theironhorsehotel.com

Warmest,

Jason Cotton
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed four nights For Harley Davidson 110th anniversary party. With the hotel sold out I expected less them stellar service. I was happily wrong. Iron Horse really stepped it up for this event with live music daily, beverage upon check in, awesome Sunday breakfast buffet and you can
Get your riding boots cleaned up and shined while relaxing outside watching all the bikes. Housekeeping rocked and was spot on with their sense of timing. Front desk staff great & Yard staff great. Shout out to entrance to parking area staff who made sure hotel guests had room to park bikes. LOVE Iron Horse. How could it be better? A massage after a long ride, maybe next trip. ..

• Stayed August 2013
HD110 was an awesome week & we're so happy you choose to spend it with us! We loved taking care of you and will have our massage therapists on standby for your next visit. Thanks for the review!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Milwaukee is famous for beer but also for Harley Davidson and this hotel certainly shows tribute. It is very different. The decor in the lobby and rooms is very masculine and artistic. You have to see the shower! We had breakfast in the library and it was fantastic. We walked across the bridge to the Harley museum. Parking is free for motorcycles and dogs are allowed and even have treats in the lobby. You just have to see this place.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Got here on a Monday night for a little break from work and a concert and the second I walked in, I knew it was different. In a great way.

The restaurant was serving food until 11 pm so we went down and had a fantastic dinner, great menu.

Our room had pillow-top mattresses and tons of pillows on each. Large tv, long counter top, mini-fridge, wine, tasty snacks and an incredible shower. I slept like a rock each night. There is a large picture of a woman on the main wall, with an artists note on the counter top.

All of the staff was very friendly and quite helpful. They opened the gift shop for us and sent up a new remote for the television after it was reset.

The decor is incredible here!! So many things to look at and many comfortable couches in the lobby to perch on while enjoying a drink. I highly recommend this place, you won't be disappointed in the slightest!!

• Stayed September 2013
We are different and proud of it! All the decor was hand-picked for the hotel and has a great story behind it, so glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for the review!

West Bend Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite place to stay. Great location and atmosphere.we live just outside the city and always find time to come into town for dinner or a show. Great date night! The rooms are comfortable. The good is excellent. The patio is a real treat to enjoy our short Wisconsin summers!

• Stayed August 2013
We love our local guests and are here for you whenever you need a night away! Thanks for the loyalty and the review. See you soon!

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days as part of a motorcycle trip around the Great Lakes. It's a fantastic hotel! Under cover parking for the bikes was greatly appreciated. The people were very friendly and the room was lovely. Only complaint was that the second floor, where we were, was kind of loud. It's open to the bar area and lobby. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a higher floor.
Love the decor!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!