“I will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Travelocity Expedia.com
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
“I will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel by a friends recommendation to go there for dinner. The website and pictures convinced me I wanted to stay. This place did not let me down. Every staff we ran in to we're super friendly. All the food we had was good. We stayed for 3 days and we are already trying to figure out when we will be returning.

• Stayed March 2013

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here the night before my wedding and it was everything I expected and more! Can't wait to come back for our one year anniversary. The drinks and food are great and the rooms are wonderful in every regard. The best place to stay in Milwaukee!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Congratulations! We are honored to have you with us for such a momentous day in your life and look forward to celebrating with you next year!
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Iron Horse Hotel hardly needs another great review, but I can't resist. The hotel is beautifully turned out with amazing style that's never stuffy or off-putting. You feel at home right away. Of course, the incredibly friendly staff has a lot to do with that. My room was amazing, the shower had a terrific rain head, the bed was comfortable bed and everything had an amazing attention to detail.

The attention goes right down to the earplugs they leave by your bedside in case the trains that pass by bother you. (I hardly heard them.)

Stunning visual presentation and absolutely world-class service. Hotels in larger cities could learn a lot from the Iron Horse.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and believe me you can never have enough! We hope to have you back with us again soon!
Woodstock, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Snagged a last minute reservation for the Iron Horse Hotel. This hotel was full when I attempted to book online via multiple booking sites. Called the hotel direct and spoke with Mark who could not have been more accommodating booking my room and a couples massage. It is hard to find such good customer service.... so glad I am staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark has been with us since the hotel first opened its doors back in September of 2008. For most of our guests he is the first person they come in contact with from the hotel and he is the first person to offer advice on what to do, where to go and what to see. We are lucky to have him!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the IH last weekend to celebrate my birthday (& St Patty's Day) and our visit was nothing short of excellent - but that's been the story all 9 or 10 times we've stayed there these past few years. The hotel is obviously a jaw-dropper when you arrive, from the fascinating & unique lobby to the extremely cool rooms... but what really gets us each time is how there's absolutely no ego, from anybody on staff there. Lots of high-end hotels come with a high-end attitude, and that's not the case at all with the IH - everybody there is friendly, helpful and willing to bend over backwards to make you happy; my wife & I always feel like the most important guests there! This hotel is the absolute standard for consistent excellence; we've stayed there for marathons, holidays, big events & celebrations - but also on more mellow weekends too. And we've never once had anything less than a perfect stay. They know what they're doing, and they do it better than anyone else. Reward yourself with a stay here - you won't regret it... and you'll quickly become lifelong fans of this unique place, like us!

Room Tip: They're all amazing, but if you can get a corner you'll love it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I can't thank you enough for this amazing review. We are all very proud to work at such a great place but we know that if it wasn't for our guests coming to stay with us time after time we wouldn't be here so thank you so much for coming to stay with us. Happy belated birthday and we hope to see you again very soon!
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm from Milwaukee, but had 3 Chicago friends come visit and decided to get a hotel room downtown St Patty's weekend. We were greeted at check-in with shamrock cosmopolitans. Can't beat that! The rooms are gorgeous with the urban loft feel and cool artwork. All the staff was friendly abd welcoming. My friends and I agreed we would set a date in summer to come back and hang out on their awesome patio. Already looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
The St. Patrick's cosmo was a huge hit this year and I am happy to hear that you and your friends liked it. I am sure that we will have some great new cocktails for you to try when you come back this summer to hang out in our Yard!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Most hotels feel large and overwhelming, but this hotel has all the amenities you would expect from a large chain hotel, but it has all the personal feel that you want when you come to a place that is not familiar, or just a "stay-cation". Super friendly staff, quick responds in room service, and the food is DELICIOUS and well presented. Cannot say enough nice things about the hotel, I recommend it for my family, friends, and out of town clients!!! P.S. They have the best homemade chips, it was!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
One of the best things about the Iron Horse is that it is independently owned and that allows us to be more ourselves and genuine. Thank you for the review and come have some house chips by us anytime.

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!