“Awesome Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Save Saved
You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Silvis, Illinois
“Awesome Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Pulled up to the Iron Horse around 2:00 on Friday and we were greated w/ an extremely polite and helpful staff - and that attitude and courtesy extended through the entire weekend. We checked in and sat down in the bar for a few cocktails and a game of pool. Awesome atmosphere, good drinks and again, friendly staff. Our room was fantastic and i can't wait to go back during warmer days to enjoy the patio. This hotel was off the beating path, however, riverwalk and Harley museum close by. Great spot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your about your great experience while you were with us! Please come back to see us soon!

998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've stayed at the Iron Horse several times for business trips to Milwaukee, and it is one of my all time favorite hotels. The rooms are huge, come with free wifi, and the bathrooms are fabulous, in particular the open air shower.

A couple of things to note about the hotel that may be useful to travelers. The hotel has its own restaurant as well as a great outdoor patio that awesome in the summer. There is also a great bar in the hotel with a good beer and liquor selection. Note that this isn't your typical hotel bar, its much nicer and the staff is great. That being said, there really isn't a ton of other food or bar options within walking distance. The location is within minutes of other options, but you'll have to drive to get to most of it.

There is also a train that rumbles by the hotel occasionally, I've never been bothered by it but others must be as they offer earplugs in each room. Also, the parking situation is a little tight, so prepare to pay a valet to retrieve your car. It's quick, but be sure to have some money around to tip.

My only complaint is the scent they pump into the first floor. It kinda smells like Axe body spray and can get slightly annoying if these things bother you.

Everything else about this hotel is great. For work or fun the Iron Horse is an awesome place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us time and time again and for the wonderful comments you have about the hotel. We hope to have you again soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband treated me to an overnight and we weren't disappointed. From the attentive car park, desk staff to waiters in Smyth and manager Monica. We had massages that were the best we've had,(we've tried many different places). Our room was a corner with windows on both sides. Even though we looked out on factories, it was clean and nicely spaced with a great shower that had a rainfall spigot. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are so fortunate to have such a great team and Monica is such a wonderful example. I will be sure she sees this and thank you again!
port washingotn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed the night at the Iron Horse to see a concert that was in town. We were blown away with the excellent customer service upon arriving at the hotel. When we checked into our room we were greeted with friendly staff that went above the job spec's and also received a amazing complementary cocktail that we were able to bring to our room. We dined at their restaurant, the Symth, and was the best food I have eaten since I've moved to WI. I'm a very picky eater and from Cali so my husband is always nervous about taking me to restaurants because the food usually doesn't satisfy my pallet. We will defiantly be going back to stay again. My husband liked it so much that he wants to visited there monthly. I'm skeptical about other peoples reviews but I must say all 635 are all true.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor facing the Harley Museum and the view was amazing. You don't hear any...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Smyth is really a wonderful restaurant and we appreciate your kind comments about it. The focus of our chef is on local food and midwest flavors. We look forward to having you back!
Upton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Do not hesitate to book the Iron Horse Hotel. In a homogenized hotel landscape -- rescue me, please, from the Marriott family of properties -- this creative space is quite the find. The staff is friendly, the food is top-notch, the beer (naturally) is superb, and the special touches abound. And this is before you get to the room.

I won't get into too much detail on the actual accommodations because you will want to spend time yourself enjoying each and every creative detail -- and they are numerous. I will tip off one thing -- I'm a sucker for a rainforest shower.

Was enjoying myself so much that I waited until the last moment to leave and rushed to catch my flight. In doing so, left one of my travel bags in the room. The next day, it arrived at my home via FedEx.

Way to go, Iron Horse. You are No. 1 in Milwaukee for a reason. Will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We welcome you to our Family and we're glad your made your flight. Thank you for writing such a kind review. Our oversized slate and glass shower rooms will be awaiting your next visit!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My daughter who resides in Milwaukee gifted us an overnight stay at the Iron Horse. This was not our first time being there, but it was a first for staying overnight. From the front desk check-in to checking-out the next day, the entire staff was very prompt, attentive, and everyone had pleasing attitudes. The atmosphere and decor is perfect! Relaxed, yet sexy and spohisticated. After our visit to the Harley Museum we went down to the bar for a cocktail and the drinks to the crowd was a great mix of everyone. We were pleasantly surprised at not only the convenient location but also how quiet the area was. Within walking distance to the Harley-Davidson Museum, 2 minute drive to the casino, and minutes from downtown, this is just overall a hotel you would love to go back to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I can not thank you enough for your wonderful comments on the staff here at The Iron Horse. They are the heart of the hotel and a huge part of our success. Please come see us again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our weekend at the Iron Horse exceeded our expectations in every way. Room was ample and stylish. Staff was incredible and attentive. Food and bar were great. It made for a phenomenal weekend in Milwaukee. Can't wait to get back for another visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic comments about our hotel! We would love to have you back anytime you are in Milwaukee!

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!