“Sexy & Sleek” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Portland, Oregon
“Sexy & Sleek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I booked a night at the Iron Horse Hotel particularly for my husband who has been a Harley rider for nearly 50 years. We were heading to Northern Wisconsin for the holidays and I wanted to show him my hometown along with a tour of the Harley museum. I figured a night in the Iron Horse was worth it just for the location (across the street from the museum).

Of course, for a man who is not only a Harley enthusiast but also in construction, the building was more than just a good location, it was a gorgeous re-model and fun to stay in. I made certain to make the one night stay memorable and booked a small corner suite with the shower that featured glass on the bedroom side. For the little bit extra, it was totally worth it. The room was spacious, in fact almost too big. The bathroom, as I said, was wonderful, the glass on both sides added to the sexiness of a romantic evening. Finally, the view we had was, amazingly, the museum itself and I thank whomever gave us that room because it really set us up for a wonderful vacation.

We started our evening by picking each other up in the bar, Branded downstairs. Such a romantic atmosphere and wonderful bartenders. The long bar is the perfect place to flirt with a "stranger." Our dinner at Smythe was delicious and we enjoyed our waitress immensely. We finally let her in on our secret at the end of the meal and she loved what we were up to. Finally, breakfast in the Library was delicious and such an amazing atmosphere...in fact, all the public rooms are so well though out that just eating there would be an adventure.

In all, I wish we had more time to really have enjoyed the hotel and its biker amenities. Perhaps one summer we'll take a cross-country ride. If we do, the Iron Horse is definitely on our itinerary.

The basics: super clean, very spacious and quiet, quiet, quiet. The bed was phenomenally comfortable with a great selection of pillows (I am a pillows-to-the-hilt kind of a gal). The bathroom was spacious and clean and then huge shower was a bonus. We tried all the eating establishments and highly recommend them. The staff was wonderful, fun and generous - I called about a week before to specifically make sure the corner suite I booked had the shower with the glass on the bedroom side, and I learned that not all do. The staff had no problem accommodating my request, and we had a late check-in.

Thank you again for a wonderful night at your hotel!!!

Room Tip: Check out the Iron Horse website for photos of their rooms and make sure to request either the view...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
What a great review! I am happy to hear that you appreciated the history and character of the building and that you and your husband could have a special experience with us. We hope to have you with us again very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

This place is fabulous in all departments, the customer service when we checked in was a clear indication that this place set their standards very high. The room was spotless and the decor was industrial yet romantic...I know that seems like an oxymoron but just trust me on this. the room itself was so beautiful...high ceilings and exposed brickwork with beautiful artwork adorning the mail wall that had a large flat screen t.v that was perfect to view from the comfortable king bed.
The large walk-in rain shower was great as well, h20 Plus products also.
We dined at Smyth and all I am going to say is the Venison Osso Bucco is a signature dish for a reason, the service was excellent and the waitress was so attentive without being annoying.
Overall we will be back, this is a great place and they are so professional without being stuffy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KC773
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
It is wonderful hear that you had an amazing time not only in the hotel but Smyth as well. We pride ourselves on the service we provide so it is always appreciated when a guest lets us know that we are doing well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This one of the TOP hotels in the State,
it is pure Genius, from my room you can see the Harley Davidson Museum, also something you must visit while your in Milwaukee,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the great review! The views of the Harley Museum are pretty spectacular and I am happy to hear you enjoyed them.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went up for summer fest this past summer and did not know where to stay. I looked on trip advisor which recommended this hotel. How great of a hotel. We had a corner alcove room that was beautiful. Everything is top notch and so clean. I have already sent two other couples there. The only problem I had was in paying. I had a reservation with the front desk for a certain price, but when I got our bill under the door in the morning, it was $100.00 more. The girl at the front was hesitant to fix it. I had the printed reservation with me and had to wait while she checked on it. I should have just spoken to the manager to begin with. It was taken care of, but I had to wait about 20 minutes for it to be straightened out. Other than that, it was one of the coolest hotels I have stayed in. We loved it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
It is great to hear that you decided to stay with us because you saw our reviews on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us but I also want to apologize for the billing error. I understand that mistakes happen but great service is best reflected in how a mistake is corrected and I feel as though your billing error was not handled the way it should have been. For that I am sorry. If there is anything I am able to do for you please let me know. Thank you again!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was my second stay at The Iron Horse Hotel, and it was amazing. We stayed two years ago during Summer Fest and got to enjoy The Yard. I was nervous that a winter stay would not be as memorable... I was wrong!
This stay was to celebrate my 30th birthday. We reserved a section of the lobby for a party and invited 35 friends to join us for cocktails and fun. About 15 of the friends also stayed the night and everyone had only wonderful things to say about their stay.

Jamie (Desires) was great and stocked our room with my favorite things... gin, limes, yellow tulips, and birthday hats! Janine in the sales department was super helpful with the party planning process too. Everyone who works at The Iron Horse is a rockstar.

The service at the Iron Horse is impeccable. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is so chic and comfortable. I would move in permanently if the opportunity presented itself.

I would (and often do) recommend this place to everyone I know. Thanks, Iron Horse, for a memorable birthday weekend!

Room Tip: The corner alcove rooms are large and roomy and great if you plan to have guests over for a drink in...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lacey R
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
It is great to see that you decided to stay with us again! It is true that there is more to do during the warmer months but that just makes all of us here work that much harder to make sure everyone has a great time. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you during Summerfest this year!
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Our recent stay at the Iron Horse was incredible. My wife wanted to celebrate her 30th birthday at the hotel and she was not disappointed. The atmosphere was (and always has been) second to none, absolutely perfect. The room (ours was a corner room) was spacious, clean, and very welcoming, as always.

The staff is incredible. Any request I made this weekend was greeted with a smile and a "We'll make that happen for you." Jamie, with the Your Desires Program, made sure that our room was set up perfectly upon check in. The staff, during the party, was amazingly friendly as well. My wife was ecstatic with her party experience!

Also, the staff at Smyth made the day after wonderful as well. They were able to accomodate a last minute large group reservation and handled our large party with ease.

I cannot recommend the Iron Horse Hotel enough. I live less than one hour from the hotel, but I invent reasons to spend the night. It's truly a one of a kind, incredible experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy to hear that your wife had such a great time at her birthday party and that you both had great experiences with our staff. Thank you so much for letting everyone on Tripadvisor how much you enjoyed your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband found this hotel when we were opening a new business. He doesn't like to travel and he kept insisting that we both go and stay the night with our "girls" (our 2 pugs). I had heard from him for a few months how cool the design and decor is, how great the staff is, how amazing their customer service is.....and i was still in awe at it all when we got there! Our pugs were welcomed in the V.I.Pooch manner they welcome dogs of any size-name on the welcome board and bowls with water and treats. We scheduled a check in time and walk for the pups as they had never been to a hotel before and we would be out for a couple of hours. The rooms are gorgeous, the bed and linens were amazingly comfortable (we kept finding one of our pugs lounging on the bed amongst the pillows whenever we returned...she didn't even get up to greet us she was so comfy and relaxed!). We ate at Smyth one night and had breakfast with the pugs in the main lounge area the next morning. Both were above our expectations and it was great knowing we could have breakfast with the girls. We have been a couple of times since this first visit and are trying to make up another reason to go to Milwaukee and spend the night (we don't live very far away). Great for business stays, or romantic getaways and it's great to see everyone's pups being treated as guests! (for those worried about dogs being allowed, the place was impeccably clean, did NOT smell of pets and you wouldn't even know it was a place that allowed dogs!)

Room Tip: The larger rooms on the top level offer great views and amazing decor!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple