“Wonderful Anniversary Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Horse Hotel

You added Iron Horse Hotel to your Saves list
Iron Horse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 West Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204 (Walker's Point)   |
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Illinois
“Wonderful Anniversary Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My wife and I chose the Iron Horse for our anniversary getaway. The reviews that have been written before are pretty much accurate. The staff is very helpful and genuinely nice. We chose to eat at the hotels restaurants and found the food to be great! Special requests pertaining to the food were welcomed and delivered without any hesitations. Our servers Adam from the Smyth and Allie from Branded delivered stellar service. Our room (corner alcove) was fabulous - perfect for our celebration. A negative that has been mentioned before is the hotels location. It is very obvious that within a few years this area will be redeveloped and the Iron Horse will shine even brighter. The other negative and even with the redevelopment of the neighborhood this negative is not going to go away - and that is the railroad tracks that run directly behind the hotel. A bit noisy the first night. Having said that our second night was wonderful sleeping - got used to the sound of the trains slowly going by and was not a bit bothered by the sound.
Overall we had a great time spending our anniversary at this wonderful quaint gem and eagerly await our return to the Iron Horse Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed for one night after a business gathering he had at the hotel. The food is very good and so is the service. The room was clean and there was plenty of beverages in the room to make sure we were never thirsty. Overall the bed & pillows were very comfortable, however, if you want to get to sleep before midnight do not get a room on the second floor. There is a veranda outside our room and all I could hear was people partying below as well as the loud music. Everyone was having a very good time. (I probably should have been down there instead of trying to sleep.) I have also heard that you should be careful of the rooms near the railroad tracks as you can hear the trains go by. Our room faced the entrance to the hotel and we did not have this issue. The other quirky thing about the room was the smoked glass wall by the bed. On the other side was the shower / bathroom. Very sexy for your partner to watch you shower, but not so fun when they go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and turn on the light.

Although it may not sound like it, I do think this is a very nice hotel and would recommend it to others. Given the opportunity I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

the room was perfect....the hotel bar amazing...and dinner in the hotel restaurant.....cannot begin to explain how good it was.....the staff was very friendly and helpful....i will definetly return.....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Iron Horse Hotel this past January. From the chic aesthetics of this one time mattress factory to the delicious dinner at Smyth's, and all the gracious and helpful employees we encountered throughout our visit I was very impressed. I will always stay here when I come to Milwaukee and highly recommend to anybody else who has high standards.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Recently stayed here with my wife for a weekend without the kids and what it perfect. The lobby and bar are great. The rooms are best described as sexy. If you stay here you will have a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I'm an Industrial Modernist, and this was a business trip in which I brought my wife along. She booked the hotel online, and didn't let on where we were staying until we showed up. WOW! There is so much character to this place....and the staff were all so attentive and friendly. Then when we got to the room, I thought 'Now this is Home!' The rooms are so swank and cozy, and the beds are VERY comfortable. To be honest, we never even turned on the TV! We spent so much time hanging out downstairs in the lounge, the library....yes a LIBRARY! Oh, and the food is very good too! We were supposed to meet some clients out somewhere else in Milwaukee, but convinced them to meet us at the IronHorse instead. They too, were very impressed, and plan to bring friends over to the Hotel for future outings.
By far one of our best hotel experiences! The team at IronHorse has really set the bar on the 5 star standard. We'll be back for sure! Paris and Lisa Renfroe

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I bought a 3 day, 2 night package for my husband for Christmas. Secretly the trip was for me.... since we never get away and have 2 children. The first night we did a regular room package, had dinner at the bar -- amazing appetizers and martinis. The next night we did the in room movie package and it was amazing! What a nice way to relax. We were there the night of the big snow storm so being holed up in your room was the best place to be. We also had couples massages done in our room. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. The hotel is so cool, lots of cool art, brunch is amazing in the library and it's just welcoming. Being a dog lover I loved seeing dogs everywhere and love the entryway where you can relax or meet friends or just take it all in. This is THE spot to be if you're coming to Milwaukee. We'll be escaping there again soon!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Iron Horse Hotel? Share your experiences!