“Engaging but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 90 Attractions in Milwaukee
Type: Specialty Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Harley-Davidson motorcycles bring heart-thumping adventure, life-changing freedom and a bit of rebellion into the lives of people around the world. But whether you were born to be wild - or mild - makes no difference at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Much more than a nostalgia trip for motorcycle enthusiasts, the Museum offers a glimpse of American history and culture like you've never seen before - through the successes and trials of an iconic American company. Interactive, eye-catching exhibits present an unparalleled collection of legendary stories of our nation's last century. Located on 20 acres in downtown Milwaukee, the Museum offers free parking, Motor Bary & Restaurant, Cafe Racer, The Shop, park-like outdoor spaces, special event rentals, guided tours for group of 15 or more, and Steel Toe Tours of the Powertrain Operations, home of the big-twin engine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
22 attraction reviews
“Engaging but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The displays are well worth a visit, though the cost is a bit more than i would have expected. The boys in my family were completely taken. They have (stationary) motorcycles you can try your hand at right outside with supervision from old-hands. It was a good experience.

Visited August 2012

La Crosse, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We took our two Grandson's ages 9 and 7 to this and thought (prior to getting there) that they might be bored. They gave the kids paper and a clue book and sent them on a scavenger hunt which totally kept them interested. The collection of bikes, clothing, toys and the history in this place was unbelievable! The interactive displays were great too.
The building(s) are works of art.
I will go back again!

Granger, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“Really cool place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Awesome collection and history of Harley-Davidson! I would recommend getting the audio part of the tour, hubby got it and I did not, I found trying to listen to his and it would have worked better if I got my own. Very cool place would recommend to anyone going to the Milwaukee area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“A True Sense of Belonging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Educational, Historical, and Inspiring. I am a 23 yr old female Harley fan and owner, and I loved this. I am not super into the mechanics of bikes. I'm the sterotypical female in general: nails, hair, and shopping who just so happens to ride a motorcylce. But this blew my mind! All the old and restored bikes, the popculture connection, the Serial One bike, etc. There was even a new exhibit of a bike that was washed up on the shores of Western Canada in 2012 from the Tsunami in Japan in 2011... Breath taking.
I brought my boyfriend who is a Mexican native, but has lived here for the better part of his life. He said, "I've never felt more American."
There were people of all ages, sexes, races, and creeds. If you haven't been there, I suggest you go. I'm sad that I've grown up in the area and this was my first trip. I will be stopping by more often to check out the new exhibits.

Bethesda, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“An amazing collection of motorcycles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

A must see for anyone interested in motorcycles, even if you don't own an HD. From 1903 till today almost every bike produced by HD is on display with many anecdotes about the firm, the production and the evolution of motorcycling over the years.
The place is suitable for the whole family. Children will love to seat on real bikes. The visit takes 3-6 hrs and we really enjoyed it.
The gift shop is very disappointing, little choice; most HD dealerships have a larger inventory of apparels and other stuff branded HD.