“Our second stay here and it was once again wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago area
“Our second stay here and it was once again wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Returned to the Pfister for a wedding in Milwaukee and it was once again great. Some of the most comfortable beds anywhere, nice decor, great martinis at Blu, and a good breakfast. We had a tower room and loved the old time ambience. It does a good job of keeping the turn of the century grandeur. Great location as well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Great to have you back with us! I am excited to read we have the foundations of a trend for you whenever you are in Milwaukee, and look forward to seeing you again soon at the Pfister. Thank you for helping us pass on the word of the experiences at Milwaukee's premier hotel!
Joe Kurth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Antigo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

The Pfister is near downtown Milwaukee, with in walking distance of the River Walk and Summer Fest. Clean hotel with great mix of the old and the modern. There is old are on the walls from when the Pfister opened years ago but yet modern rooms with flat screen TVs and IPOD stations in the room. The pool is located on the 23 rd floor with great views. There are a few negatives but not enough to keep my wife & I away. The pool furniture and the pool walls could use a good cleaning. I rated value at 3 of 5 only because it was $25 per day to park in the garage and 30 for valet. You would think you would get free parking as a guest or at least a great discount. All said we would go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I agree the location and historic story told throughout the Pfister make any visit to Milwaukee extra special! Thank you for your positive comments on the art, location and service, along with the constructive comments for the pool area. (We have already addressed this and appreciate you bringing it to my attention.) Milwaukee is truly a great walking city, and we repeatedly hear the amount of activities so close to our central East Town location continue to be a favorite for many returning guests. Whether it be for Summerfest, Germanfest, Irishfest or any of our lakefront celebrations, we look forward to having you back with us very soon!
Joe Kurth
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Have stayed a couple of times at the Pfister. Is a very nice hotel with generally very good service. Writing this review because, I did run into some areas that I think they could have handled better during my last visit.

I paid for a King Room with a view of Lake Michigan, have stayed in that room classification before and loved it - unbelievable views of the City and Lake!. No one informed me that the room type I booked was sold out when I checked in. When I got to my room on the 5th floor, I was surprised. They did place me in a suite - still 5th floor and that was not what I was looking for - wanted the view, not a larger room. I called the front desk questioning my room and their only remark was sorry we are sold out for the King Rooms with Lake Views, this is all we can do. So why not tell me when I was checking in?

I then had to call again, because 2 of the 3 lamps in my bedroom were not working. They did replace an entire lamp and the light bulb in the other lamp within @ 30 minutes, but again why was this not checked "in a suite" that was essentially pitch black in the bedroom. How did housekeeping miss that one? A hassle because it was now 10:30 PM and I had to wait to change into bed clothes until this situation was handled.

Was also charged $15+ more than my actual breakfast cost from the first morning and had to go to the lobby (wait in a long line) to correct). They actually removed the entire charge due to their error and aplogized, but again another hassle.

Lastly, I received an email today from their general manager requesting I fill out a survey on my recent stay. My name is totally misspelled - how did that one happen? They had the correct name when they charged my card $660 for 2 nights???

Sad when there are so many mistakes that easily could have been addressed that would have changed my opinion on this visit. It seems that their staff is not properly trained to manage their way through the guest experience. Too bad because it is a lovely hotel and great location in Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We came to celebrate my birthday. We were treated warmly and well at the hotel, Mason Street Grill and the spa. Great people!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

back in the past, as you pass the door, the lobby, its roof, the bar,, one century ago.... rooms are modern and comfortable. just one thing : the pool is so small, why having one ? but on the same level there is the bar with a splendid view on the lake.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
appleton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Yes the lobby is beautiful, the bar was busy and the location is great. When you look past the obvious, things weren't so great. The entrance on Wisconsin was marked with fingerprints, you'd think that a hotel of this stature would have an employee welcoming guests. Take a look at the bellman's uniforms, they looked like a bad poly design from the early 70's. I stayed in the "new" tower, there was a distinct odor. The hallways looked warn and tired. The two twin beds were nice however it seemed like the top mattress was too big for the bottom. Our shower did not drain at all, we had a shower/bath combination. The pool was nice and did have a beautiful view. Milwaukee needs a few more higher end hotels to give the Pfister some competition.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Delaware, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Loved the elegance and grandeur of this hotel. The beautiful art work and chandeliers create a feeling of romance and sophistication. At the same time there are lots of contemporary features such as high speed internet, and flat screen TVs. The meeting room was well equipped with audio visual equipment as well. Dinner in the Mason Street Grille was fabulous! Overall my stay was memorable . . . definitely will return to The Pfister and will recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!