“Milwaukee's Premier Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Walworth, Wisconsin
“Milwaukee's Premier Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Simply the best hotel in Milwaukee. If possible try to enjoy the Pfister Club. My wife and I have stay at the Pfister several times and found the location, service, accommendations, bar or club (which have exceptional views of Milwaukee) to be excellent. We would recommend the Pfister as the place to stay when visiting Milwaukee to anyone.

Room Tip: We prefer the historical part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for reviewing! I’m glad to hear that you took advantage of The Pfister Club; it is a great deal with a beautiful view. It’s always a pleasure to hear that people are willing to recommend us to their friends, it’s a high compliment. I hope you and your wife will visit The Pfister again soon. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Liberty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Rooms are all non-smoking. I realize that's becoming the norm. But there is no designated smoking area or even a bench to sit on, have to stand by the street. My room was beautiful and the staff was fantastic but it would've been nice to have a patio or an outdoor courtyard to have a cigarette

• Stayed June 2014
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great hotel. You can walk to the lakefront, Bradley Center, and downtown. Cafe served a great breakfast.
Great service. Classy rooms with updated bathrooms. Walk-in shower was wonderful. Great views of the lake/city. The bar on the top floor is a must.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for the kind words! The Pfister is in the perfect location to explore downtown Milwaukee, which it sounds like you were able to do! We truly appreciate people taking the time to share their experiences with others. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

All rooms in the newer tower are connecting rooms so no way to get a real quiet room. They are also a very strange, awkward shape being that they are arranged in a circle around the elevators (which also means you never really escape elevator noise.) Rooms in the older building are better when there is not a wedding or party going on. In that case there is not a quiet room anywhere as the entire structure seems to vibrate with the beat. I wasn't impressed with customer service. Front desk seemed annoyed when I returned to front desk to request another room (even though I had called ahead to request that and was apparently annoyed), engineering took over 40 minutes to come to my room to get AC to function and cleanliness was not horrible, but neither was it stellar. If I returned to Milwaukee I'd make an effort to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel has one of the few hotel lobbies I actually enjoy spending time in. The best seat in the hotel is at tables near the hotel lobby bar, piano player and fireplace where you can enjoy a cocktail and menu offering assorted tastes of the Milwaukee area.

The rooms in the older part of the hotel are a good value and the club floor offers a nice selection of drinks and tasty treats along with nice upper floor views of the city.

Near the theater area, restaurants and Lake Michigan, this is a great place in a great spot.

Jeff

Room Tip: older part of hotel (suites) are excellent values.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! I completely agree with you, one of the best seats in the house is by the piano and the fireplace. I hope that you will be able to visit The Pfister Hotel again. Safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Pfister is the perfect mix of modern amenities and old-fashioned charm. The service is unprecedented, everyone is concerned about making your stay a pleasure. We took our girls, 5 and 7, and they were absolutely enamored by the pool (26th floor with amazing city and lake view) and how fancy our room was, including white table cloths on the room service table. The beds were so comfortable, everything was clean and we cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main part of the hotel are more historic (gorgeous, high ceilings) and the rooms in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Morgan S, Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for the incredible review. I’m glad to hear that you and your girls enjoyed your stay and especially the pool (personally my favorite view of Lake Michigan). The Pfister takes great pride in combining customer service with old-fashioned charm of the hotel so that guests enjoy their stay. Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you and your family again soon. Safe travels!
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed the night for a wedding at the hotel. I first want to stress my low-ish score is a reflection mostly of the room we were given, on the tenth floor, near the elevator.
Our "city view" was of the top of the parking structure, studded with roof machinery. Okay, we were there for the evening's ceremony and reception, so I just pulled the curtains shut. After unpacking, I tried to find the "in the room laptop-sized safe" that was listed on my reservation. Nope. So, feeling stupid, I called down and spoke to someone asking where the heck it was. She was very nice, told me it should be in the closet, but neither I nor my husband could find it. She promised to check into it and called back in a few minutes to explain that the safe was on order, since our room had been redecorated a week ago. She advised me to use the safe deposit box down in the lobby. I replied that was "inconvenient."
Yes, I could've asked for a different room, but since we had unpacked and needed to get to the wedding ceremony, I didn't bother. Big mistake.
There were several weddings going on and the elevators in the tower to get to the seventh floor were at a premium. One man in a tux complained he'd waited over twenty minutes to grab one. Just warning that you need to figure extra time in when attending a timed function.
After the beautiful wedding and reception, we retired to the room, ready to sleep. As we closed our eyes, we realized where our room was actually located - directly above the ballroom! The music throbbed beneath us until the wee hours. We checked the next day - there are no floors between 10 and 7!
These are very expensive rooms for us retirees-- over $250. I felt cheated by being given was is probably considered a less-than desirable room by the hotel.
Whatever you book, make sure you're higher up!

Room Tip: Higher floor the better - the tenth in the tower is noisy when there are functions being held.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!