“The Best Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Best Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you go to MIlwaukee you have to experience the Pfister. The staff is amazing and the hotel is gorgeous. Very quaint historical hotel. It is close to the Third Ward which has great shopping and dining. Close to Lake Michigan. We walked everywhere. Looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Wow!! What an amazing title and review. Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future. We know you have many choices when visiting Milwaukee and we are again so thankful and privileged that you chose us. Best wishes and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went here 2 or 3 times for my husband's work xmas party. The hotel has a very historic feel to it, but is very clean. The food is awesome and the rooms are on the larger size. One time we even went when the baltimore ravens and cleveland cavaliers were staying here! Never had a bad experience here.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
chicago illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good service and friendly staff. Walking distance to some main attractions and good restaurants. Hotel restaurants and bar are also good choices. 20 minutes away is a quaint town, Cedarsburg, that would be an enjoyable morning or afternoon.

Room Tip: 2109 in the tower had a city and lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm a regular at the WELL Spa which is located in the historic Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee The other day I went to get my monthly massage which happened to be on my birthday. I was greeted by the wonderful Roxy, as always, then told the manager, Liz, wanted to give me a free upgrade to celebrate my birthday and an extra one for my sister who was with me that night.
Then I go down to the waiting room area and Lisa comes out with cake and champagne.
I have never felt so loved and special. They went out of their way and capped off an already great night.
The WELL Spa is a very relaxing, affordable and zen atmosphere ... if you haven't been you should!
Katie

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would go out of my way to stay at the Pfister again. It is the best hotel in Milwaukee. Historical hotel, staff was exceptional, great location, classy place to stay. I had a room in the older section and was very pleased with my room. I also visited the lounge in the new section. Definitely make this a stop up in this section of the new tower. Also worth noting is the fact that this hotel is haunted. Just adds fun to the experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the older hotel and add the lounge privilege.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visit Milwaukee a few times a year, and had the pleasure of staying at the Pfister during a recent stay. The Pfister is an example of classic Milwaukee to me, with its history and class. The lobby is distinct and beautiful, and the staff is very welcoming. The barista in the coffee shop seemed like an old friend.

My room was just fine - comfortable bed, and clean.

I had to drop one star, as my original room assignment brought me into someone else's room. The staff was extremely apologetic, and granted my request to be placed in the original building immediately.

The restaurants in the neighborhood seem quaint and inviting - I will definitely check them out next time I visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share about your experience here with us at the Pfister. We strive to be a home away from home and most of all hope to welcome you back in the near future. And of course our upmost apologies again for the experience you had upon your arrival. I assure you these types of incidents are not typical nor tolerated here at the Pfister.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This classic American luxury hotel is still classic and luxurious. Immaculately maintained. Professionally staffed. And a great value for the price. You can definitely afford to indulge yourself here.

Room Tip: The "old" part of the hotel was recently refurbished.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!