“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Located in downtown Milwaukee. Great old world hotel feel. From the front desk to the bellhops, service was excellent all around. Rooms were spacious with comfortable bedding and the bathroom was well maintained with good accessories (soap, shampoo...etc.). Free Wi-Fi in the lobby was nice but the speed was a bit spotty at times. Paid Wi-Fi had good signal throughout most of the hotel but again, speeds were slower than I would have liked. Catered breakfast and lunches were good (corned beef was very tasty). Had drinks and meals at the Lobby Lounge several times and was very impressed with the food. Nice touch providing a trio of bar snacks upon sitting down, which I appreciated. Great espresso at the Cafe. Did not check out the exercise facilities but I did swim in the pool a few times, which was small and basic.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Pfister and would book there again for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your post!! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and particualry the high leve of service we strive to provide. It truly is what sets us apart from any other, and what wil continue to do so. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

What can I say? I wish I could stay at the Pfister in every city to which I travel. Impeccable service and quality in every area...food, spa, rooms. I love Milwaukee because I love the Pfister!

The staff is perfect...perfectly helpful, professional and friendly. The hotel is gorgeous and even the cafe is great! They make better lattes in the Cafe than they do at Starbucks. Really.

Room Tip: I prefer the original, older building, but the views of the lake are better from the towers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wow!! What an amazing review!! We cant thank you enough for your kind words and choosing the Pfister. And while we wish we could travel with you as well, we do most certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Milwaukee. Best wishes and safe travels.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two days in connection with business. Parking garage as a part of the hotel is always a plus. Location of Pfister was excellent, in the middle of the business district and some good restaurants in the neighborhood. The interior and decor / art work is fantastic. Reminds me of some Europeam hotels. Room was spacious and nice. Comfortable bed and ok bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast restaurant was nice and a good selection of food and beverage. The only minus I can mention is that WIFI is not complimentary. If you have some spare time tru to visit The art museum in Milwaukee and The Harley Davidson museum. 10 min. With cab.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about your expereince here with us and in this great city. We are truly blessed with an amazig hotel and a great location. We all truly hope to see you again. Best wishes and Safe Travels.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel previously and again chose it for my few days in town. The first night was in the older building and the queen suite was an inside view and very disappointing. The switch to the 18th floor view was perfect. The rooms are more open and plush as well as quieter. The views were wonderful, a huge improvement from the first night. The front desk staff was excellent and helped me with all of my needs with a pleasant and professional attitude. The staff in general at this hotel were very helpful. I used the lobby bar and the piano music and atmosphere was great. The bar at the top of the hotel, the Blu, was great! Wonderful way to relax at the end of the night. I recommend the Third Ward where there are many restaurants to choose from and it is very close.

Room Tip: Lake view high floor number is the best. Avoid the suites as they are stuffy and not with good views...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience. Personally I am so proud of the staff you mentioned not only in the front desk but all the staff. They truly are what makes this place so special. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First time visiting this city. Came for a family wedding. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very responsive to any needs we had. Best service. We had a delightful time. We came early about 2:00 PM and our room was not ready but the front desk staff checked us in and then called us when it was ready. We went for lunch and some shopping and returned to a lovely suite. The location of the hotel was very convenient for all our activities. I would highly recommend the Pfister to anyone visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are so thrilled you enjoyed your time here in Milwaukee and here at the Pfister. We are very lucky to work in such a beautiful and unique hotel and even more so to get to work with such genuinely service oriented people. If things get to warm in beautiful AZ we would be more thank thrilled to have you back. Best wishes and safe travels.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed two nights at The Pfister in April of 2013. Had a very nice greeting--upsold by the young lady at the front desk to a superior room that included Wifi and Parking fees (so no real significant cost difference), then had a progressively bad experience. I entered my room on the 22nd floor to discover the windows open on a 40 degree rainy and windy day. I found hair pins and hair bands left by the previous guest, and the king-size bed seemed to be very old. The drain in the sink was clogged, and the towels/toiletries were more like what I'd expect at a Marriott Courtyard. I had dinner at the Mason Street Grill, and while the food wasn't bad, it was overpriced, and the service was abysmal--even on a fairly slow Sunday night. I asked for the Manager to contact me, but he/she ignored my request, even when I asked the front desk to have him/her call me. Especially disappointing was the service of the parking valet/bellman. I asked Andy to have my car ready, and that I'd be down from my room in five minutes to go to the airport. I had to take a phone call, but I was at the front door within 15 minutes, and needed to go to the airport. The car was not at the door, and no one had even gone to get it from the parking lot. When I asked Andy why it hadn't been retrieved per my request, he said, "they're busy" with no apology. The Pfister seems like it once was a great hotel, and now is a very old, tired and disappointing experience. Spend your money on someplace else that will provide better value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Omar N, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry that you experienced the issues that you did during your stay. I would like to talk further and explain some of the circumstances that took place during your stay. If you would like, please reach out to me directly at the Pfister Hotel, 414/380-3829. I look forward to speaking with you and further visits.

Thank you.

Omar Naimi
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

A had a very nice stay at the pfister. Service excellent, staff friendly, room nice and clean. My one issue was the noise. Iwas originally on the second floor and the noise from the bar area permeated everything. Te staff was happy to move me to an inside room on the fourth floor, but I could hear everything in the room next to me and the toilet flush above me woke me up at 7:00 (not a big deal I was due to be awake at 7:15). So if you want quiet,crequest a non adjoining room away from the low floors. Otherwise a great stay

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience and your great reecomendation. They say best compliment is the reccomednation to others and i completely agree. Again we are so glad we you had an ejoyable stay and we hope to see you again,

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!