“Staying in style and class!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Staying in style and class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Awesome hotel, you won't be disappointed here!! We stayed here for an on site wedding, everything was spectacular. The food, service, attention to detail. Staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Make sure and get an upgrade for a Lake Michigan view, make sure and get upstairs to Blu, a bar with a fantastic view of the lake. The in room catering was awesome, pool staff great with grandkids. Security was as good as any big city hotel I've been to. Directions were excellent and location is great for anything downtown!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and amazing review!! We are so glad you were able to enjoy so many facets of the hotel and particularly experience the amazing gneuine hospiltality the staff here provides. We truly hope you are able to return to Milwaukee and visit us again as well. Thank you again and safe travels.

1,030 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Outstanding customer service. Excellent food. Their Bloody Mary's are dinner in a drink! We have never seen a drink loaded with so many goodies. The room was nice, updated nd comfortable. I have only one complaint and it is the pillows used. Now, in fairness, I am picky about pillows. These were small for a king size bed and went flat quickly. We also were not crazy about the key system in the elevator which seemed a bit haphazard. The important part of our stay was perfect and we would return once again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wow!! Thank you so much. Its an enormous honor to recieve a word such as perfect. Definitley something we strive for and hope to achieve. We are so glad you had such an enjoyable experience. And we also thank you for your suggestions. throgh our guests voice is the only way we can improve. Again thank you and we hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We make the Pfister a destination at least 2x a year.
A great, central location, outstanding service and amenities on site.
A Pool with a view, a Club with one too!
Some little things popped up on this last visit, the only reason it does not get 5 stars.
Online bookings leave something to be desired, a few items normally in the room were missing, spa staff seemed too busy to talk about reservations. One other disappointment--they have no idea if this is my 100th stay or my 1st. I asked the front desk why they asked if it was my first visit. They had no online record of my previous stays. When I stay at the Peninsula--anywhere in the world--they know everything, right down to my cocktails of choice! In fact I am welcomed with same, and some chocolate dipped strawberries as a repeat client! Something for Marcus Corp to pay attention to. The downtown luxury hotel market is about to gain an additional 26% more rooms with the opening of an upscale Marriot later this summer and the newly opened and more moderately priced Hilton. Little things will make a difference.
Overall, the above are nit picks --Pfister is a great place deserving of it's reputation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
David S thank you so mcuh for sharing about your exprience and your kind words. We are always striving to improve and as you indicated its all in the details. And when you return please feel free to contact me directly. I would love to make sure that we are able to personally and best assit you in your process as well as building a guest profile. Again thank you and safe travles.

Gurnee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at The Pfister last weekend for our anniversary and could not have enjoyed ourselves more than we did. From check in to check out the service and genuine care of all the employees for their customers was evident. We were asked at check in what brought us here to Milwaukee and we said we were here for our anniversary the front desk send a hand written note and a bottle of champaign, what a class act! Can't say enough good things about the Well Spa. We booked a couples massage, our first messages, and we could not have been made more comfotable during our time their. Really enjoyed ending our days with a night cap in the looby lounge. Visited Blu one evening and it was OK, but preferred the looby lounge. A phenomenal stay that I'm sure will bring us back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow!! Thank you thank you!! We are so excited and humbled we were able to be a host during such a special occasion. We would be thrilled to have you and your bride return and hopefully make this an anual vist. Best wishes and safe travels.

Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My third stay at the Pfister for an event is coming up next week. I'm looking forward to the event and getting away to such stay in such wonderful accomodations. I must say though that I'm less than impressed with the staff at the Well spa. I'd requested an appointment via their internet reservation tool and when contacted was told they were not able to accomodate the requested time. When I explained my arrival plans and the reason that time was going to be difficult they did not offer any alternatives or suggestions. I was really looking forward to adding a little pampering to my stay, but will not be reaching out to them again, but will look for an alternative in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks and high rating. We are thrilled that you enjoy the hotel so much. I totally understand you frustration and can assure you I will share your experience with our Spa Director and I would love to have her reach out to you if at all possible. Again thank you and we hope to see you again. Best wishes and safe travels.

janesville, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just spent a few days at the Pfister. My husband got the VIP package where we had evening receptions and breakfast available in the top floor lounge, overlooking the Lake. I highly recommend this upgrade! Both hostesses were so accommodating and waited on us hand and foot. Most wonderful bed, down comforter, and feather pillow ever. We stayed in one of the historic rooms which was complete luxury. Rooms not completely sound proof,..people would be wise to keep this in mind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience!! And we so glad to hear you tried our new Club Lounge on the 23rd floor. We are very excited and even more so that people like you are enjoying it. Ill be sure to apss your kind words along to the attendants upstairs. Again thank you and safe travels.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love these old hotels. Reminds me of the Davenport in Spokane, or the St. Francis in San Francisco. The old craftsmanship you just don't see anymore. Our room was well appointed and pretty quiet for being on the third floor (they have a modern tower for those that prefer that type of thing). We are very noise sensitive so that was good. Got my shoes shinned, overnight service included with the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much!! We are definitley very lucky to get to work in a place thats so special and beautiful. A common expression amongst is, its always 70 and sunny in the Pfister Lobby.

We are so glad you denjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Best wishes and safe travels.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!