“Great Christmas Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Christmas Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel the day after Christmas, first time staying there. Hubby and I wanted a quick getaway after the holiday. Got the bed and breakfast package. It was our first time staying at the hotel and it was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly, employees as well as the guests :) Enjoyed the breakfast too. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience. Everyone here truly does exemplify the true spirit of hospitality. I fell very luck to work them every day.
We are so glad you were able to spend part of your holiday season here with us and even more we hope we get to see you all again for many more. Again we thank you and lookd forward to seeing you again, Best wishes and safe travels.

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've been staying at the Pfister for 8 years now on business travel. I've been growing more disappointed in the property with every trip - the rooms are in need of refurbishing - I've stayed in both the old and the new towers and neither have had any attention in years.But the icing on the cake this time was the appalling service in the cafe for breakfast. My order was not taken after 15 minutes so I walked out. The staff looked like they hated their jobs, they stood talking to one another instead of serving, they disappeared in the kitchen for ages, the attitude was the worst I've seen. I'll be booking into the Hotel Metro next door from now on!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
JessM510:
Thank you for staying with us over the years at the Pfister, and for your comments. I am certainly disappointed to read we have not kept up with your expectations in service and product, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience for some additional specifics.
I am excited to be able to share the Tower guest rooms will be undergoing a full renovation this spring, and this will follow the recent full renovation of our historic section of guest rooms. Our model rooms have been completed with the designer for the Tower rooms, and if your schedule permits I would welcome the opportunity to share these rooms with you. If you will not be returning to Milwaukee for several months, I would be very happy to also have you stay in one of the newly renovated rooms to let us know your opinion on them as well.
Please let me know when it is most convenient for us to connect with a personal call, and I can be reached at 414.390.3800. If you prefer to email a time for us to connect, my email address is joekurth@thepfisterhotel.com.
I wish you a wonderful and successful 2013 ahead, and look forward to speaking with you very soon!
Joe Kurth - General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here over xmas break in 2012. The hotel is old, but it is quiet charming. It reminds me of some place that would be haunted if it appeared in a movie. Great entry room, staff was polite and warm without seeming fake about it, not an easy thing to pull off in my opinion. Room was ok, nothing too fancy, bathroom was redone very nicely. $40 Sunday brunch was spectacular. Amazing staff and food. Spa was equally impressive. One of the best massage I have had in a while and the massage room interior was by far the nicest and well designed. The shower was unlike any I have been in before. I will return.

• Stayed December 2012
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just spent two nights at the Pfister and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great Christmas experience.

The decor of the Pfister has never been my taste so I typically stay at the Intercontinental or Hyatt when visiting Milwaukee. This year I wanted to make our Christmas a bit more festive so I decided to get a King Suite in the old part of the hotel. The lobby is so wonderfully decorated for the season and the lobby bar was wonderful with the fire burning, the tree nearby and live Christmas music. I very we'll may make a tradition of staying at the Pfister for my Christmas stay in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Even room numbers in the old part of the hotel seem to face the street. Odd numbers have more of an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your holidays with us. As well your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience. We take great joy and pride in the hotel and especially with our holiday traditions we always hope that everyone can come and spend part of their holiday season with us. But again thank you and we truly hope to see you for many more holiday seasons to come. Best wishes and a happy new year.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed just before Christmas. Food, staff, atmosphere could not be better. Suite was very nice. Concierge knows everything and everyone worth knowing. Pianist in the cozy drink area was fun and obviously enjoys what he does. This was just a perfect place for pre-holiday holiday.

Mike

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much!! We are so thrilled that you not only got to experience the Pfister but got to experience the Pfister during the Holidays. It really is a special and wonderful place that brings the Holidays to life. Hopefully this becomes a holiday tradition for you and your friends and family. Thank you again. Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Stayed for a pre-Christmas evening with friends. Within walking distance to museum, Summerfest Grounds, Third Ward, and some of the BEST restaurants in Milwaukee. Hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience. We are truly blessed to not only work in such a beautiful and amazing hotel but a wonderful city also. Again we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels and a happy new year.

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The gracious staff made our visit to the Pfister Hotel perfect from start to finish. The hotel at Christmas is beautifully decorated and has many special activies to enhance your December visit. Everyone from the valet parking staff to the concierge went out of their way to accomodate our wishes and help make our stay at the hotel a success for the varied ages in our group. We can't wait to return for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the historic section of the hotel if you love gracious living!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience. The Pfister does truly have an additinoal magic about her durring the Holidays. But the people are truly what makes the Pfister come to life. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to your return.

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!