“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the highlight of all the hotels we stayed in during our 2 week road trip. We made the reservation with Priceline and got a great rate of 60.00 a night. Once we go to the hotel the lobby itself was with the 60.00. We got to the check in and were greeted by a most friendly young lady. As she was checking us in she asked if this was our first stay in the Pfister and we told her yes and in fact this is our first time in Milwaukee and Wisconsin for that matter. The she said well then let me see if i can upgrade you and she upgraded us to the Double suite. I have been using Priceline for years and this was a first for me and the room was the bomb we both looked at each other and said i with we had booked 2 nights. We really enjoyed the hotel and the city itself and we will be back and i will make every effort to stay at the Pfister again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind remarks and sharing your experience with us all. We are beyond thrilled that you enjoyed everything so much and we do truly hope to see you again in the near future. And this time we'' have to make it at least 2 nights. Thank you again and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just stayed for a quick overnight and loved this hotel. Everyone was friendly, professional, helpful. Right downtown, walking distance to so many great eateries, bars, venues - plus a fantastic view from the tower in Blu. Fun fact, Louis CK was there and we had our 2 second brush with greatness... Beautiful architecture, nice lounges - just simply a class act all the way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Websters defines class as something of high quality or elegance, which is something the Pfister has always strived for and we are so lucky to have been able to maintain for over 119 years. We cant thank you enough for your kind words and sharing your experience with us . And even more than the beautiful product product we have we are so excited that you got to experience the one of a kind service the staff here puts forth everyday. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I feel I did not deserve such luxury and such astonishingly good service. Your bartenders alone make me want to move to Milwaukee; the concierge is now my role model for a fulfilled maturity; and your other staff, including three fabulous bellhops and car valets, made me re-order my experience of hospitality away from my beloved South to the rockiin' upper Midwest. I would cut off an arm to stay there again; and know that your personnel would gladly plant my drink to the leftover hand. You renewed my faith in urban renewal, an appreciation of the past, and the friendliness of real Midwesterners. Bless the Marcus family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Wow!! we cant thank you enough for sharing your experience and in such a way that we could only hope for. And we so thrilled that you were able to experience what truly makes the Pfister, the true heart and soul, the people. Again we thank you and truly hope that we will see you again.

Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Pfister. It's a beautiful historical hotel. The service was great as well as the amenities. Make sure to ask for package options. We ended up upgrading to a package that included breakfast for a little extra per day. Well worth it. The Cafe had wonderful breakfasts. The hotel had a great central location.

• Stayed September 2012
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and allowed us to play host to you during your time in Milwaukee. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words. We truly hope to see you again wish you safe travels.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a night here with my wife whilst over from England to see The Ryder Cup in Chicago. What a wonderful hotel. Style on a par with the best Europe can offer being reminiscent of say The Ritz in Madrid or Savoy in London. Staff were courteous and efficient from the moment we pulled up till when we left. We enjoyed a lovely standard corner room beautifully appointed. The hotel exudes elegance and charm with "the grand epoque" blending with upscale modern. A roof top indoor pool is an added bonus or if feeling idle a drink in the cocktail lounge on the 23rd floor may be better with great views.
The only downside was a $30 charge for valet parking as there was a large and cheap car park opposite that we only found later.

Room Tip: Ask the concierge but our corner standard double was great. We were offered an upgrade for a few dol...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenneth W, Front Office Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your post and for choosing the Pfister for your special weekend. We are thrilled you were not only able to be here with us but able to take in so many parts of Milwaukee and the hotel. We hope your travels bring you tom Milwaukee again soon and to the Pfister as well.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My review is based on the hotel bar. Came in on Sunday morning to try one of their famous Bloody Mary's and I'm sure glad I did. Bartender Joe was working that morning and he made an excellent Bloody Mary. This Bloody Mary has the most garnishes I've ever seen one have and it was delicious. Joe gave my friend and I helpful tips and hints of things to go in the city and was super friendly. Stop by for a Bloody Mary next time you're in Milwaukee!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much!! We are very proud of our bloody mary's also. It is actually an "award winning" bloody mary and the recipe was conceived by one of our very own bartenders whos been a staple here for a long time and we hope will continue to be for an even longer while. Please come back and visit and hopefully experience one our rooms also. We'd love for you to experience all facets of the Pfister.
SW Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

During a recent stay at the Pfister (to attend my first NFL game at Lambeau), not everything went just right. Nothing major but still not just right. After a less than satisfactory exchange with the Front Desk personnel, I was disappointed at how I was treated. I tell my staff that if you can make an unhappy patient become a happy patient, then they will be the best word of mouth advertisement you can have. Well, I want to tell everyone how well I have been treated since my stay at the Pfister. The General Manager has emailed me and called me. My minor matter has been taken care of but, more importantly, I have been treated with the utmost respect. While the photos can show you how beautiful the Pfister, I can tell you that it is the true concern for how their guests are treated is why the Pfister is so successful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to make this post. Ive always loved the expression the strongest compliment anyone can provide is a recommendation to others. We are indeed terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced but we are thrilled the Pfisters true warmth and hospitality shined through. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels.

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!