“Great get-away. Spectacular hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Burlington, WI
“Great get-away. Spectacular hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We treated ourselves to a stay at the Pfister for our anniversary. We could not have been more pleased. This gorgeous, historic hotel was more than we ever expected. The lobby was breathtaking with Christmas decorations and our room was clean, and very comfortable. We went to Blu (the cocktail lounge on the 23rd and had great views of Lake Michigan and Milwaukee) at night and it was amazing. The staff everywhere in the hotel was courteous and professional. The Pfister is also located on an area that makes it easy to walk around the downtown area and enjoy other restaurants and bars, etc. We had a great time!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
We are so happy that we could take part in your special celebration. Thank you for your compliments to the position of the hotel in the city, we pride ourselves on being accessible to all that Milwaukee has to off for over 118 years. Please do visit us again, not just for a special occasion.

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have never wrote a review on anything before, but The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee deserves one! My wife always uses Trip Advisor when we travel. We have been fortunate enough to travel quit a bit in the United States and Europe. It has been said that I could be a bit "fussy". Let me tell you, we have been visiting The Pfister for 5 years or so, and have stayed there 10+ times. I enjoy staying there more than any place we have been. The beauty of the hotel, and the staff are second to none. They make you feel that you are the most imprortant guest in the hotel. I'm not the type of person that needs people to make a fuss over me, but I gotta tell you, the way they do, sure makes you feel special. I commend the training program that the staff must go through. Everone in the hotel from the valet, guest services, bar tenders to housekeeping are outstanding! I know from having my own business and from taveling around,that doesn't happen by mistake.

Trust me, try The Pfister one time and you will be looking for reasons to go back again and again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
For a first review, you sure have written a great one. Many thanks for all of your visits and kind sentiments about our hotel and staff. Don't worry about ever being fussy, we don't see it that way. Our staff is ready to cater to all different people and personalities, we are just happy to have you spending your time with us. We here at the Pfister Hotel look forward to many future visits with you here in Milwaukee. Hoping your having a great start to 2012.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

The accommodations are very comfortable and the staff is helpful. The pool is more of a kiddie pool and fitness center is quite small but functional. You'll find an older crowd here -- not the "in" place to go but the Mason's Grill restaurant is lively and excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to suite.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your time in Milwaukee with us. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful time with other travelers via Trip Advisor and I will be sure to share your sentiments with our staff at Mason Street Grill. We do look forward to having you with us again here in Milwaukee and the Pfister Hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed for the New Years weekend and honestly this hotel is amazing. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and the Christmas decorations were stunning. The attention to detail made the entire visit an experience. We had no problems checking in early and were lucky enough to have a corner room in the historic part of the hotel. The only drawback would be the street noise could be a little loud, but it wasn't really that big of a problem. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, despite being very busy on NYE. The Mason Street Grill was very good and the service, despite being very busy, was excellent (it was NYE). We have never enjoyed a hotel as much as we did this one and plan on it being the only place we stay in Milwaukee.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
JoshuaWolter, Hotel Assistant Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
We are happy to accept being the only hotel you will stay in Milwaukee. It was a great joy for us ringing in 2012 with many happy guests. I will surely share your kind words with Mason Street Grill staff. We can't wait to have you again, hopefully before we ring in 2013.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have always felt very comfortable going to the bar in the lobby of the Pfister Hotel, as well as Blu, the elegant cocktail lounge on the top floor, and I stayed in the hotel for the first time on New Year's eve and loved it. The room was gorgeous, the service was phenomenal and the atmosphere was welcoming. We stayed in a King Suite, which was beautifully decorated and had all the extra touches of a nicer hotel. Even the doorknobs were lovely. We ordered room service twice, which was promptly served with a rose and very friendly service. They even called to check in us to make sure everything was to our liking. We called to ask for a late check out and they allowed us to basically stay as late as we wanted. I will stay here in the future just so I can be in that gorgeous room again. I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
We didn't want you to leave, anymore than you wanted to. Thank you so much for your very detailed review of the hotel. Your not the only person to mention the doorknobs detail. We want to wish you and yours a very happy and healthy 2012, and look forward to your next stay with us.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pfister for our "babymoon" (our first child will arrive in February & we wanted a nice weekend away from home before the chaos!). I tried to make a reservation with the HHA rate (Historic Hotels of America) but they didn't have any HHA rates available for the dates we wanted. The lady that took our reservation instead gave us the 'holiday rate' and also gave us free parking (normally $30/night). This was very helpful and much appreciated!

When we arrived the valet staff and reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was warm and cozy when we got to it. The room was very clean and quite spacious. The King bed's linens were nice and the pillows were comfortable. Bath towels were soft and fluffy and the robe was the BEST hotel robe I've ever had. Usually a baths robes at hotels are too big on me, not comfy or stretched out. This bath robe was soft and fit me perfect. I even considered buying one at the gift shop. My biggest complaint about the room is that we did not have complimentary Wifi or a fridge. For such a grand hotel, one one expect free Wifi, don't you think? The only place we could get comp Wifi was in the cafe.

I had really bad indigestion at 3am one night (pregnancy) and my husband and I did not have any Tums with us. I called the front desk at 3am and they were kind enough to bring a roll of Tums to our door in the middle of the night. What great customer service!

We enjoyed the great view from the pool/club on the 23rd floor. Drinks at the club were pricey, but the atmosphere and view of the city lights at night were great.

My favorites about the hotel: bath robes, rosemary mint/spa toiletries, bed linens, lobby, valet parking, great customer service. Least favorites: no comp Wifi and no refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed December 2011
JKurth, General Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you very much for spending your special night away with us. I am very happy to read of the individual interactions you experienced during your stay from many areas of our team as this is what truly makes up our Pfister signature service.
For your next visit with us, we will be sure to have a refrigerator waiting (included in all suites today, and available complimentary per request for all other rooms), and the complimentary wifi in the lobby and restaurants will be available to help you post the online photos for your new baby's first Pfister visit.
The entire Pfister family wishes you and yours all the best for a happy and healthy 2012, especially with the pending addition on the way in February!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous hotel in the best location! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Best service ever. Definitely would stay again while visiting Milwaukee. I only have one concern, why is the coffee maker in the bathroom? That kind of gross me out. Other than that loved the place.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We do place our coffee maker in the bathroom, as many hotels do, so that it is close to a water source, and a GFCI outlet for safety. Hopefully this answers your question. If you do have anymore, don't hesitate to stop back in for another night, we would be happy to have you.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Been to The Pfister Hotel? Share your experiences!