“very satisfied, but” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Arlington
“very satisfied, but”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times because it's convenient (especially to the airport, but also to the area), clean, and well maintained, and the staff are courteous, traveler friendly, and flexible.

However, again, I do not appreciate their billing software automatically adding a charge (even though not a significant amount) for a "safe" (because there happens to be one in the room) that I did not request when I made the reservation, was not mentioned either on line or at check in, and did not use. And, again, the front desk politely and quickly credited my bill when pointed out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We value your feedback. I am very happy to see a 5 star rating all across the board - that's super!
I hope we can be of service to you again when you find yourself in our area!
Thank you for your business.
R. Liberacki, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Allouez
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Staff was excellent, but the bed was so hard that I had major back pain. The toilet needed a new flapper valve as is was running water.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback. I do apologize the bed was too firm for you. Thank you for letting us know about the flapper, it has been replaced. I am sorry this was not done proir to your arrival. I hope you will give us another try when you are in our area. Thank you for your business! R. Liberacki, GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Pricing is good, easy access to everything although only the airport is really close, room was clean and water pressure was good. Didn't have the breakfast but the coffee was okay. Definitely felt more like a business traveler hotel than a family one.

Room Tip: King bed is worth the little extra.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel. It is great to know you would stay with us again! We look forward to that.
Next time try our free, deluxe continental breakfast, it opens early at 5am, and closes late, at 10 am. Our breakfast consists of: hot, Belgian waffles, hard bolied eggs, cereals, yogurt, toast bar, fruit, oatmeal and cinnamon rolls. We have two juice choices, coffee, teas and hot chocolate. Thanks again for your review and thank you for your business.
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here when we had a flight cancellation and needed a free shuttle to the airport. Male staff member was creepy and not friendly when we checked in at 5am on July 26th. The breakfast was minimal, with the only hot food being oatmeal. The lady stocking the breakfast was very nice and helpful though. The room smelled moldy and felt cold and wet. It was dark and dingy feeling. There was fluorescent lighting in the room and the bath fan didn't vent outside.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am very sorry to hear about the negative issues you experienced here during your stay.
This is not the impression we want to leave with you. I do apologize, and thank you for letting me know. I hope we have the chance to serve you better in the future, please contact me if you will be in our area again. Thank you, R. Liberacki, GM
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Finding suitable accommodations at a Super 8 can be hit or miss. This one is definitely a hit! Nicely maintained property and staffed by super-friendly people. Michelle checked us in and got us a great room at a great rate. Despite being adjacent to Mitchell Field, our room was very quiet. Comfy bed and clean as whistle. Breakfast was on par with other motels. It was well-stocked, fresh and tasty. Plenty of free parking and freeway close. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel. This is a great compliment to us- "best Super 8 ever". You have made my day.
I am so pleased to hear your praise, I will share your words with my staff. It is rewarding to know we are meeting our goal, providing super guest rooms and super guest service. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Was passing through on a road trip - I wanted to catch a Brewers game that night. This place was affordable due to it's proximity to the airport. It had the basics you need, was clean enough, and the bed was comfortable. It probably took me 15-20 minutes to get to the stadium from the hotel, in traffic. The person working the desk was helpful about how to get there a different way to avoid as much rush hour traffic as possible...

Room Tip: I'm not sure you choose this hotel for a "good room" - just for a place to lay your he...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the tome to review our hotel. We value your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we see you again. Thank you for your business.
La Verne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our family trip to Milwaukee began with a 1am arrival. This Super 8 had a Shuttle promptly pick us up for the short trip to the hotel, even at this late hour. The property is modern and well kept. Our room exceeded our expectations and the complimentary breakfast was very good. What really left an impression was how friendly the staff was. There was what appeared to be some upper management on location the day we departed and the way they interacted with staff and guests left a very positive first impression. I would highly recommend this hotel for airport related travel and the price is very reasonable.

Stayed June 2014
RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Super 8 Milwaukee Airport hotel, it made my day! It is very rewarding to hear that we have exceeded your expectations by providing you with a great room & great service. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Wisconsin.
Thank you for your business. R. Liberacki, GM