“Almost OK except changeable Room fee” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Milwaukee Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5253 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207   |
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Milwaukee
Tokyo
“Almost OK except changeable Room fee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is my first time to stay at Suoer 8 hotel micheal Airport. Why I choose this hotel, because I found cupon " Hotel coupon.com" , $49.99/night. Then I made a reservation 2night, but I wanted to pay day by day. Front desk woman told me " you can pay day by day, would you like to pay at night for next day ? " I said " yes" , then I paied 1night fee around 58$ include tax. Then next day evening, when I tried to pay 1more night, other staff told me " you can Not pay same ampund fee, as number of room is going small, you must pay $ 75 ,$ 85 include Tax " , I was surprised and explained last day talking with staff, but she refused and insisted to pay $85, so I had to pay $85. I think this was Not fair at all , I reseved 2night, just want to pay day by day. also, staff didnt tell me " Next day`s room fee will be go up or different " , so staff should inform me . Actually, I d like hotel to pay back extra $25. my American frined tried to use other coupon, but it was not work. Anyway, this experience was Not good , and Not fair experience. I reserved 2night and just wanted to pay day by day, kind of staff mistook.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel.
I do apologize for the misunderstanding of the coupon. As stated on the coupon, it is based on availibility. It cannot be used with a prior reservation, nor during a special event. The rates and availibility change everyday. I am glad we could offer you another discount for that evening. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.
R. Liberacki, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Verona, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Did the park-and-fly on the way out and also stayed on our return. First room was fine, but the king room on our return was not too good. Broken pull-out sofa and a stopped up sink. For the price and location it's a good value. The staff is what was most noticeable. All were very friendly and helpful. When my forgetful teenager left her phone charger behind, Connie set it aside so we could pick it up on our return. A reservation mixup was quickly fixed by Rick, and when my other forgetful teenager forget her ring in the bathroom, Rachel found it and mailed it to our house. We would return just because of the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we value your feedback.
It is nice to see you have noticed the staff and thanked us in such a public way! This is why we do what we do, we do our very best to go above and beyond for our guests.
Thanks again for your compliments, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Palm Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We use Motel 8 frequently because the price, cleanliness, and locations. Leaving from the airport the following morning we stayed here. Extremely clean and good rooms but most importantly the best customer service we've seen.

The bed was terribly hard and I sought out a staff in the morning to bring it to their attention. All I can say is "Wow!" Immediately she apologized, reduced my rate, explained they were getting new beds in August and made sure we were booked in a new room for our September trip.

Room Tip: They're replacing mattresses starting with the 1st & 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear we have impressed you with our great service. Thank you for the compliment, it means alot to us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again. R. Liberacki, GM
Saint Cloud
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our first visit to a Super 8. Our first room had a faucet that leaked onto my wife's bags profusely under the sink. Not dripping, pouring out water.
We switched rooms. The rollaway brought to us had wires hanging from the bottom that we had to fix to keep the mattress from falling through. The bathroom had hand prints on the wall. Needless to say, we won't stay there again, nor any Super 8.
I was told I would receive emails for $40 in vouchers after my first stay.
No emails to date either.
If you're looking for customer loyalty, how do you expect that to happen?
What's the long term value of a customer. $0 if this is the norm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the negative experience here at my hotel. We have corrected these issues and thank you for bringing them to our attention. We value your business and hope to have the chance to serve you better in the future. Please contact me directly if you would be in our area and would like to try us out again.
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I felt it was a good spot to stop in just for a quick place to stay, but wouldn't stay for more than one night. My room was damp and the covers seemed damp, but it could've just been the humidity. Otherwise, everything was good. The fridge was convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RLLMil, General Manager at Super 8 Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your hotel review. I am sorry to hear the room felt damp, we have had an unusual week of extreme dew points. I hope we see you again and thank you for your business. R. Liberacki, GM

Been to Super 8 Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!