“Very friendly staff. Very dated facility.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Piketon
“Very friendly staff. Very dated facility.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Traveled to Milwaukee for a ballgame at Miller Park. Very friendly and helpful staff. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby was modern and had a comfortable atmosphere. The front desk employees were very accommodating and went out of their way to assist me in mailing some postcards and letters and making change for the bus fare that I needed while in town.

But after checking in and making my way to the third floor where my room was, all sense of modern and comfortable atmosphere vanished. To start, the elevator did not seem very safe...seemed rickety and smelled like burned rubber. The hallways seemed dingy with stained carpet and peeling wallpaper. The non-smoking room had a stuffy and muggy feel about it and did not smell particularly clean. The walls appeared grimy without having to touch (not that I would attempt to). The furniture was very dated (around mid to late 90's era). The beds were comfortable but the sheets AND pillow cases had very visible stains. The bedspreads were tattered in places.

The bathroom was clean but had very poor drainage. I DO NOT like standing in water up to my ankles while taking a shower. The water pressure and temperature was adequate I suppose, but I really love a good strong spray. There was some peeling wallpaper but I did not see any type of mold.

The one thing that really stands out with this hotel is the location and price. Very convenient to the Amtrak/Greyhound station and to Wisconsin Avenue where we boarded the city bus to Miller Park. There is an outdoor pool but never got the chance to check it out. I also never got the chance to visit the restaurant.

Overall, I probably would stay here again if I came back to Milwaukee. You really can't beat the price for a downtown hotel with free parking. And the staff there really is top notch.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
We appreciate all the nice comments about our hotel, especially of our friendly and helpful staff. We are continuously upgrading our rooms and hallways, but, unfortunately, not every floor has been completed. I regret that you were located on the third floor that has only been partially renovated. We have taken care of any slow drainage, and resolved some of your other issues. We hope that the value of all the wonderful positives that pleased you will motivate you to visit us again. Thank you for the comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cairo, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Arrived 1 day earlier that planned for a seminar. Had made reservations for the conference hotel who was sold out and unable to extend my stay by one night. They recommended 3 other hotels. Ramada was one of those. I called and they did have an opening. I reserved for that night. When I saw the room and the helpfulness of the desk staff I wanted to change my reservation from the other hotel. They told me if I did I would loose my $250 deposit I had sent with my registration to seminar. I moved the next day because of the deposit. If they would have refunded I would have stayed at the Ramada the room was approximately $30 per night less and the room (larger and with more amenities) and staff were of comparable or of better quality. Wish I had chosen Ramada in the first place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
To learn of your conference situation and how we were able to extend our hospitality is one of the great pleasures we have in serving our guests. Thank you for the kind comments.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband & I stayed here for a short trip to Milwaukee for a Cubs/Brewers game. The location was perfect-a very short drive to the park, and if you didn't want to drive a shuttle was available. The room was a bit on the small side but it was clean and the bed was decently comfortable (although they gave us a 2 double bed room and said that they couldn't switch us to a King room-the double bed was on the small side when you are used to sleeping on a King). I wouldn't book an extended stay here, but for just a short trip you can't beat the price & location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We're happy that we can serve our neighboring Cubs fans. Thank you for mentioning and seeing value in the price and location of our hotel.
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Excellent hotel, everything was just as we hoped to find it after a long flight. Very friendly staff all around. Lovely breakfast next morning. The RAMADA is in a brilliant spot if you want to visit the Harley Davidson Museum.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
It is indeed rewarding to hear that our hotel made your visit such a success. The things you mention of our friendly staff, our lovely breakfast, and the nearby sights, such as the Harley Museum, are those items we are most proud of. Thank you for the wonderful remarks.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Went for a couple days during the Wis. State Fair. We have stayed here several times before. We get the stay and play rate in conj. with the Potowatamie Casino. Great Value. There is a city trolly stop nearby which will take you all around the city (free). Casino shuttle stops at the hotel (free). And we took the city bus #18 two blocks down to go to the state fare. And this hotel does not charge for parking. They have a small but nice pool. Everything is kept up very nicely. Milwaukee is a great city and the Ramada has a great location.
I'm sure we will go back again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to read this review, and we thank you for all the nice comments, especially about the Great Value. We look forward to serving you again.
Chili, Wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The staff is friendly and helpful at check-in, during our stay, & at check-out. Our dining ex-
perience was wonderful at Kathy's. The food was delicious and the price was right. Service
was timely, thanks to the staff & chef. If you are a walker, you can get to alot of tourist site's,
dining, or shopping by walking. Or, we used the city bus & the tourist street car and left our
car at the hotel. When we were ready to head back home, we got onto I-94 just a few blocks
away. Great! Will definately stay her again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for listing all of the great values we have to offer. We are extremely happy to provide you with our hospitality.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My two friends and I made the mistake of staying in this hotel one night in April.

I suppose you couldn't even really call it a "mistake" since every other hotel in the city of a reasonable price was booked (due to a Brewers game), and this hotel offered us their "last room with two double beds" as we were told over the phone. We didn't have much other choice, unless we wanted to pay an even more inflated price for two rooms and be separated. No thank you.
My friend wrote a review of this hotel a few reviews down. This is my addition to her review.

Upon entering the room, we found that it was quite dirty. There was a table near the window that was covered in a very sticky substance. There was also food between the beds, and the hand towel in the bathroom was stained. If housekeeping had been there, it wasn't evident, other than that the beds were made.

We left the room (we couldn't get out fast enough) and came back at about 2:00am, ready for bed, to find that one of the beds was left with no blanket. We called the front desk to have one brought up, and the person who brought one was rude to my friend, telling her she was making too much noise trying to open the door. The metal saftey latch on the door was stuck securely, she had to pull pretty hard to get the latch to come undone (Imagine if there were a fire!?) and when she finally got it open, had the blanket shoved at her, and was yelled at like a three year old for something that wasn't her fault.
The management wrote a response, blaming her review on OUR bad behavior, but we weren't spoken to even ONCE, much less threatened with eviction. We could, however, hear people in other rooms pretty clearly through the rest of the night while we tried to sleep. I imagine this is par for the course in this hotel.

In the morning, we woke and looked out the window to find the "roof" about fifteen feet below our window was quite littered with hypodermic needles, rubber bands and a bloody cloth. I know what the mgmnt. response to this was, and I would like to mention that not only did we three see it, but also our friends (Milwaukee locals) who came up to help us carry our things down to the car.
I'm glad we only spent one night. Had we been staying in the city another night, we would have immediately searched our butts off for another hotel, even if it were in a much less convenient location. We frequently visit Milwaukee, but never again would we stay here, nor would we ever recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!