“Very Poor Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee
Pembine
“Very Poor Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

When I turned back the covers on the bed to retire for the evening I found blood on the sheets, this is disgusting and proves that the sheets had not been changed or washed. In the morning when I went to turn on the water for the shower the handle fell off into the tub, had a very hard time even getting any water turned on to take a shower. I reported these things to the day manager when I was checking out and he said he would look into these problems. Then he would call me, he never called me. I personally feel this hotel is overpriced and tired and run down. I would never stay there again. Also the television had poor reception quality and had buzzing and static on some stations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We welcome all constructive criticism as it helps us improve our hotel. I have reviewed your comments in detail with our managers and our laundry staff. I can assure you we change our bed linen with each room cleaning. Clearly, we were not performing to our usual standards if there was a stain on one of the sheets, and for that I apologize. I only wish you would have contacted us from your room. We are determined to resolve every issue immediately to make your stay as nice and comfortable as possible.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Flagstaff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was the cheapest and closest to the Wisconsin Convention Center. If you are going to be gone for most of the day and just need a clean bed and hot shower at the end of the day, this hotel was conveniently located and the cheapest downtown. If I had to be in my room more often, next time I would spend the extra money for a different hotel downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We do have an excellent location and a great value, and we appreciate the comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This Hotel is horrible!
1) when we checked in they realized they had given our room to someone else and they took forever to get us a new room
2) their air condition was horrible
3) windows couldn't be opened
4) the bathroom was dirty!
5) room service was horrible they didn't take out our trash. And had to ask them multiple times to bring me up new towels

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RamadaCityCentre, Manager at Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I am very sorry to hear of the issues this reviewer esperienced during his stay. We do appreciate the time to complete the review and alert us of the problems. When I hear these issues, i am determined to do everything possible to improve on our operations and our hotel.
Homewood, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night in July 2013 to attend Summerfest. The room was OK--everything worked fine and was pretty clean. The only bad thing is that the walls are pretty thin! When we got back later that night to sleep there was a group who came back to their room right next to us at the same time but they decided to stay up and chat. Thankfully the sound of the air conditioner by the beds drowned out their voices. If you got up to go by the bathroom or door you could hear everything. Otherwise no complaints. Ate breakfast next morning in their restaurant and food was just fine!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased this reviewer was happy with our room and our breakfast, and that the only issue was the noise from other guests talking or moving about. Sometimes our guests do not realize how loud their voices can be in the middle of the night. We appreciate the feedback and hope we can be of service in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The entry is beautiful with a gorgeous staircase. My room was very clean and very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful. I ate in the restaurant was was disappointed that I couldn't charge my meal to my room. I couldn't finish my meal so I carried it to my room and finished it there. The staff was fery helpful getting my set up to carry my meal. My room was very quiet and convenient to the elevator. I walked to blocks to great shopping in the downtown area. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
What a nice review! We are happy that this reviewer had a pleasant visit and hope that they return again. These comments make us proud and inspire us to be even better.

Been to Ramada Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!