“Good deal” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #47 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Antioch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband's and my first stay was bad, I sent an email with my comments and described what happened. I received an email back apologizing and giving me an upgraded room at a regular hotel price. My husband and I tried your hotel again, and was disappointed. I made reservations, which took more time than usual. I called to change it, and they couldn't find my reservation, even tho I had a confirmation #, I was on hold for over 17 minutes! We checked in, which took longer than usual, than when confirmed two times that it was in fact upgraded, the attendant said he forgot, changed our keys, went to room, key didn't work. Went to get new keys, which I had to wait 7 minutes. Room smelled, and fridge was dirty, as well as coffee pot. Mirror in room had a thick layer of dust on it, which I will email you the pictures I took. Do I use this email
address for pictures?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Too expensive for the stay. The hotel is in much need of updating. Carpets buckled, faded and looked dirty. Did not get any sleep on the Saturday night stay. Was on the second floor and people on the outside below my window sounded like they were actually in my room talking. I will say that I called the front desk and the gentleman did take care of the problem.
Plug ins do not work properly which is scarey hopefully they do not ever start a fire. Air conditioning did not work well had to turn it way down to feel air then you froze after a while, turn it down then you were hot, was not comfortable at all.
I will say it is in a good location, easy access to many things. I would have moved hotels but most were booked. I have stayed at nicer hotels for this price and some even cheaper. I booked this on booking.com at a supposedly discounted rate. Feel that I got hosed!!! They do need to change the star rating on this hotel. I would give it 1-2 stars!!!!

Room Tip: No here!! location good but too expensive for what you get.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is really bad!! We usually stay at Milwaukee's Intercontinental for about $175 and it's GORGEOUS! But the whole city was sold out for some festival, and this was the only hotel that had rooms - and the room was about $130 - and I would rate this property a 1 or 2 star hotel at best.

We arrived and the room was very run and dingy. There was a few stray hairs in the tub, the maid must have missed, the bottom of the shower curtain was mildewed and shower handle did not work very well, and actually broke the day we left.

The windows were bad and did not shut properly.
The walls were dingy and wallpaper starting to curl
the artwork was from the 80's I would guess - and faded
Carpet dirty - wall moudling dirty - vents filthy - God knows what I breathed in!

One of the comforters had a couple yellow stains on it
We did not sleep in that bed!

For $130 - I expected a lot more - If this would have been $80-90 - It would make sense. After the first couple hours after check in - we were talking with some other guests, who had the same problems, they demanded they be switched to another room - and the other room was about the same. So I would guess the whole hotel is in bad shape.

The difference though between 130 at Ramada and $175 at Intercontinental is NIGHT AND DAY.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Milwaukee Downtown? Share your experiences!