My dad and I visited Milwaukee from California for one night to see a Brewers game and chose the Ramada. We knew we weren't walking into the Four Seasons, and just needed an affordable place walking distance to downtown and the Amtrak station. The rooms have your bare necessities: TV, toilet, mini-fridge, sink, double beds. We were by no means impressed with the rooms, but we didn't have any expectations and it definitely served our purpose with no problems. The greatest feature about this hotel is the location. We caught the Route 80 MCTS bus from General Mitchell Airport which is about a 25 minute ride and drops you right at 6th and Michigan (directly across from the Ramada). Plus it's only $2.25 to ride which is way more affordable than a cab. We walked to Mo's Irish Pub to have some drinks before the game and take the free shuttle to and from Miller Park, which is an easy 10 minute walk each way from the Ramada. Super easy. We also knew in the morning we had to catch an early train to Chicago and the Amtrak station is a 2 minute walk away. So if you're looking for a downtown location, taking the Amtrak, taking in a Brewers game, riding the Route 80 from the airport, and need to keep a budget, this place gets the job done. For the record, I would give the hotel quality a "2 star" rating, but I put "3 star" due to the convenience of the location.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Milwaukee City Centre Hotel
- Ramada Milwaukee City Centre Hotel Milwaukee
- Ramada Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Milwaukee Downtown, in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, is known for its exceptional value, family friendliness, and outstanding customer service. With onsite free parking and close to freeway ramps for all Interstate directions, it is within walking distance to the Convention Center, the performing arts and cultural theatre district, Harley Davidson Museum, the IMAX theatre, the Milwaukee Public Museum, the Shops of Grand Avenue, and Marquette University. Ramada is near everything the city has to offer. Minutes away are great attractions, including Potawatomi Bingo and Casino, the Milwaukee Brewers’ Miller Park, the famous Calatrava Art Museum, the beautiful Domes of the Mitchell Park Conservatory, the Milwaukee County Zoo, and Wisconsin’s exciting State Fair Park. Along the nearby lakefront shore of Lake Michigan is ethnic Henry Maier Festival Park, the home to Summerfest, Polish Fest, and German Fest, to Festa Italiana, Mexican Fiesta, and African World Festival, to Irish Fest and Pride Fest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Ramada Milwaukee Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.